• Published 8th May 2015
  • 8,941 Views, 194 Comments

The Flames of the Phoenix - FrostTheWolf



I am more than what you think I am. You think that I'm weak, broken and easy to deceive? Well, you're about to find out the reason why I am not to be trifled with [Displaced story]

  • ...
35
 194
 8,941

7- What happens when Numbskulls play with Fire

Author's Note:

For the Laughs.

Anyways, this crossover is with Theyellowninja13 and his story, Equestria's Ginyu Force. Plus, it leads up to the next chapter, where Heart's Warming is just around the corner. Enjoy!
-Frost

Now... Only one thing left to do...

The Flames of The Phoenix- What happens when Numbskulls play with Fire


Crystal Empire

“Wait… What the hell are you talking about?” were the first words to come out of Frost’s mouth upon hearing Ember speak again. Many things were going through his head right now and all of them were focused on his next question. “What do you mean by Final piece?”

“Twilight… Can I please talk with Frost… alone? I might need some time to tell him what’s going on.” The Mancer asked. The Princess of Friendship nodded along with Cadence and Shining Armor, allowing her to go inside the palace of the Crystal Empire and use one of the guest rooms so the two of them can talk. “I believe you have a lot of questions to ask me.”

“I honestly don’t even know where to begin.” The Wolf asked, folding his arms. “You haven’t even told me your name for starters and now you are talking about me like I’m some kind of public concern.”

“Well Frost, my name is Ember. Like you, I’m a Mancer, a being that has control of a kind of Elemental Power. For me, It’s fire. For you, it seemed to be Ice, given your name and everything.”

“Yeah. I’ve had my ice powers ever since I was a young pup. Almost froze the entire home that I use to live in one time. Still though, how does this relate to the conversation?” Frost then asked as he took a seat on a nearby couch. Ember sighed. This was going to be a while. But… if he had his powers before… then why the sudden change in what he was capable of?

“Well… Have you felt anything… Different recently?”

“Sort of. Before I freed everypony from the camp, I felt like I was bone dry from all the work they forced me to do. But then, I came across a gemstone that was warm to the touch. I was a little bit cold, so I placed it near my heart in order to keep myself warm and after a few seconds, I felt my strength return to me and then some. In a way, it restored my will and helped me keep fighting.”

‘So THAT’S how he found it.’ Ember thought to herself upon hearing the Wolf’s story. “Well, that Gem is only one piece of something far greater. Have you heard of an artifact called the Wendigo Heart?”

“Pearl and Valiance had told me about the Crystal heart, but nothing called that.”

“Well, the Wendigo Heart is a very powerful artifact that contains the power that was left behind by the King of the Wendigos. Hence, the name. It was so powerful that it was said that anypony who came across it had the power to have this world go into an Ice Age. That’s why it was split into three pieces. So that nopony else could be able to restore it and unlock it’s true power.”

“But when you said final…… Does that mean that somebody else already found the first two?” The Wolf then asked, his tail twitching a little.

“Very perceptive… Indeed it does. A powerful enemy that calls herself Anivia has already obtained the first two pieces of the heart. Which means that she would be coming for you if she found out about you being the third piece.”

“I can take her-.”

“No you can’t. She’s just as strong as either of us. On top of that, she is a Cryophoenix.”

“A what-?”

“The opposite of a phoenix. Phoenix’s are birds of fire, Anivia is a Phoenix of Ice whose goal is to exterminate every living phoenix in existence and then collect the pieces of the Wendigo heart. It is unsure though her reason why for doing this though.” Ember told the wolf. “Whatever the case may be, you aren’t safe on your own-.”

“What am I to you? A foal? I don’t need bodyguards!!”

“I never said that you needed them. I was going to suggest for you to stay with me.” Ember suggested. “With your capabilities, you can help out with the ponies in Ponyville and help me train my Nephew in controlling his powers.”

Now this sounded intriguing to the Wolf. However, he needed some more details. “What is he capable of?”

“He controls Earth.”

“A Stonemancer? Must have a very strong heart if they’re able to control something like that.”

Ember was quite surprised by the Wolf’s response. “Wait… Why does it feel like I’m missing out on something here?”

“You seem surprised.” Frost said. “Excedians have a lot of knowledge on controlling the elements. In fact, back when there were more of us, our kind use to be the generation that gave birth to the practice. However, with so few of us left, it’s rare to see an Excedian who is alive that has control of an element. Most of my kind that are still alive have moved on to where they have control of Magic or something else entirely.” Ember was personally surprised to hear this new information surface to life. There were other Mancer’s before her, but now Frost was one of them. She had more questions for them, but had to save them for another time. One where the two of them would have more time to conversate.

“So… I guess I’m coming with you then?”

Ember nodded her head, using her hand to mess with the Fur on Frost’s head. “Yeah… Geez, it feels like I’m adopting a child.”

“I’m not a child!! I’m twenty years old!!”

“Well, I’m over a thousand years old so give it a rest.” Ember joked with the wolf. “Before we go though, I need to let you know of something. From time to time, I will be summoned by other individuals who would need my help and to an extent, I can summon them too. They’re known as Displaced and for summoning them, you need a token. In that case, take this.”

In Frost’s hands now laid the Phoenix Feather that was her token. He looked at it for a few moments before putting it in his pocket. “What’s this?”

“It’s my token. So if I’m away and you need my help, summon me and I’ll come.” Ember told her. “There’s also another reason why I told you this…”

“Oh really? Do tell.”

“I’m getting summoned right now. So instead of resisting it, bringing them here and causing a commotion, I’m going over there. We’ll have to keep this between us for now, so cover me while I’m gone.” With that, Ember left, leaving Frost by himself as he walked outside the room. When Twilight asked about her whereabouts, the wolf said only one thing.

“She told me that she was going out for a walk…”


Meanwhile…… (Ginyu Force’s Equestria)

“Come on Jeice! You can do this!” Ginyu yelled as they watched their friend try to control his attack again.

“Crusher Ball!” Jeice yelled, as he stayed floating in the air, before lifting his hand up near his head, and tried channeling his ki into his hand, where an unstable orange ball appeared, looking as if it was about to blow up. Jeice removed his hand from underneath it, before bringing it up behind the ball of energy, and moving to slap it down. But the second he touched it, the ball blew up in his face. “Darn it!”

“Better luck next time Jeice!” Burter yelled out, as his friend slowly descended back into the small grotto in the Everfree Forest, where the Ginyu Force was currently training. After some previous… misadventures, the five of them were currently inside the forest since it was considered as a “Safe Place” by their friend, Surprise. Who happened to be watching them from afar.

“You can do it Jeice! Just believe in yourself!” Surprise yelled, jumping up and down, while holding a foam glove in her hooves that looked like a human hand with one finger pointing up. Soon though, something fell on top of Surprise’s nose as it tickled her. A strange feather that represented the color of fire and looked like a phoenix feather. With a small twitch, it flew downward and landed on top of Jeice’s white hair.

“What’s this then?” Jeice asked, as he lifted his hand to his head, and gently grabbed the feather, before holding it in front of his face. He lightly twirled it in between his fingers, before speaking out to his friends, who were busy talking to each other. “Hey guys! Check this out!”

The remaining four Ginyu Force members all walked over, before Jeice showed them the feather. “What do you think it is, Jeice?” Recoome asked.

“It looks like a feather.” Jeice responded.

“It reminds me of a phoenix feather.” Ginyu added, causing everyone present to look at him funny. “I read.” Everyone ‘oohed’ at that response.

“Hey, why is it glowing?” Surprise then asked as she came closer to them, pointing at the feather with a hoof.

“Hunh?” Guldo reacted, as he noticed the feather glowed even brighter, before setting Jeice’s gloved hand on fire. “Jeice! Your hand’s on fire!”

Jeice quickly patted out the fire, before inspecting the burnt glove, happy that it didn’t seem to be damaged much. He looked at the ground, noticing the burning feather gently landed on the ground. Soon, the small flame grew forth to where it looked like a doorway was created. Soon, a new individual that once appeared like a fire-like bird stood a few feet away from the force. A woman… One with a red scarf and wore a dark grey shirt, dark navy jeans, sandals and tied up dark brown hair. She then turned around, only noticing Surprise at that current moment. She was a human. The first one that the Ginyu Force had personally seen at all ever since becoming the Ginyu Force.

“Hunh? A pony?” Was her first reaction. She didn’t notice Ginyu and the others until Jeice was the first one to speak.

“Who are you supposed to be?” Jeice asked, confused why a feather summoned a human.

“I’m Ember Valkyr.” She replied, noticing the feather. “And it seems like you…… guys came across my summoning token.”

“Summoning token?” Ginyu asked, before remembering something. “Oh, you’re a Displaced aren’t you?”

“Yes I am.” Ember said. She now noticed the surrounding area and saw some of the craters in the ground. “What the hell happened that caused all of this?”

“Well, we’re trying to train, and get used to our new powers.” Ginyu explained. “You see, we’re a group of fighters, or at least that’s what we dressed up as. And we have the ability to call upon our body’s natural energy to help us with fighting, or healing, or even flying.”

“Sounds similar to Life Force. Either that or something you might refer to as Chi.” Ember pointed out. “What seems to be the problem? Can’t control it?”

“Well, we call it ki, but it has been known by different names. But yeah, we can fly somewhat, but when trying to use energy attacks, we seem to mess up.” Ginyu said, and lifted his hand, before creating an unstable ball of purple energy in it. It blew up a second later, and Ginyu wiped the soot off his face. “That keeps on happening.”

“Hmm… it seems like you aren’t fully focusing on what you are trying to do.” Ember said, demonstrating by forming a flame in her hands. “Something like this is broken down into a series of steps. You five seem to have the energy to do so and can picture your attacks quite well, but you’re not focusing hard enough.”

“See! I told you guys we need to focus more!” Guldo exclaimed.

“No you didn’t.” The rest of the Ginyu Force replied, causing Guldo to roll all four of his eyes, before grumbling softly.

Ember sighed. “Well, it’s not just the energy you’re using, it’s also your stamina… Tell you what, maybe it’ll be best if I show you what I mean. Who here is up for a bit of sparring?” For a moment, the Ginyu Force thought that this girl was crazy. Even Guldo didn’t see a point to it. But then, Ember let her Life Force surge forth, rising high on the ki sensing abilities each Ginyu Force member could feel.

“So, who's going to fight?” Ginyu said, causing his men to look at each other, their competitiveness showing. “Rock Paper Scissors, aye?”

Ginyu’s men got in position, and started doing one of their favorite ways to determine who gets to fight. “ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!”

“ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!”

“ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!”

“ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!”

“ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!”

“Yes! I win!” Burter exclaimed, as he walked forward, before stretching. “Don’t think I won't go easy on you just because you’re worth two and a half Raditzs.”

“I don’t understand who you are referring too, but to make it simple and not kill any of you, I’m only using ten percent of my total strength.”

“Okay, I guess I’ll just have to use even less, just to make sure you don’t die prematurely. You see, while it might require concentration for energy attacks, it doesn’t for meleeing. I’m as strong as the Burter I’m based off of, and as fast too, so don’t expect to hit me.”

“Right…… Let me ask you something though… How old do you think I am?”

“Probably somewhere around ten thousand. They’re usually around that age when they ask you that question.”

“Good guess.” In a quick instant, Ember appeared behind Burter and gave him a quick jab kick to the back, inches from the spine. “But no. Too high up.”

But what shocked Ember was when Burter disappeared in front of her, before reappearing across the small grotto they’re in. “Figures. It’s never exactly ten thousand. And what did you think of my after image ability?”

“Neat trick, but you can’t just use it to run all over the place.” Ember smirked. “Now… speaking of which… Heads up.”

Quickly, Ember fired off a blast of Fire energy that went at Burter like an armed warhead.

“Too slow.” Burter said, and as time seemed to slow down, he dodged the fire as if it were a leaf, and delivered a swift punch to Ember’s stomach. However, Ember dispersed into flames and was behind Burter now. Holding out her hand in a fist, the Warhead from before was moving faster, but Ember had a new trick up her sleeve.

“Disperse.”

Opening her hand caused the one rocket to split into a barrage of homing blasts. All aimed at Burter. Burter quickly flew into the air, and shouted, as he fired several rapid blasts of unstable ki at the area below, destroying each of the projectiles, and seemingly hitting Ember.

“Scatter beam attack!”

Before the attack could be pulled off, Ember moved his fingers in an upward motion. One thing about the Mancer was that the last place where she placed her hands, the handprint could be used as a trigger for an explosion. For Burter, as he looked down, two of her hands from when she struck him in the back lit up as it caught the Blue Hurricane in a massive explosion. It didn’t kill him, but it at least was able to teach him not to let his guard down.

“You must be aware of the possibility that your opponent can attack from all angles. Be lucky that I’m only using ten percent. Because the last time I was at one hundred percent, my anger and rage created the badlands back in my world.”

But what surprised Ember, was when the smoke cleared, and Burter hardly looked damaged at all, and flew down to the ground. “You’re pretty strong, and I definitely didn’t see that attack coming. So, for the sake of the entire forest being burned down, let’s just call it a draw.” Burter held out his hand in a peaceful motion.

“Good idea. Because trust me… I know more than fire abilities. What I caught you off guard with was a taste of me controlling Magma.”

“Yeah, I got some abilities I didn’t use too. Everyone on the planet is lucky I didn’t try to use a kamehameha up there, or the world and the moon would have been destroyed. Because my unstable energy attacks are a lot stronger, but aren’t controlled at all.”

“Heh… I have something like what you just mentioned… Just a lot more powerful to the point where it might decimate a mountain range if left unchecked. But there is one thing I would like to test.” Without warning, Ember’s energy flung out and caught on to Burter like a lasso as it pulled him onto the ground. Then, she dispersed it. “Good, I’m not rusty with Whiplash. Haven’t used that technique in ages.”

“Lucky for you, I could tell that wasn’t an attack. Because if it was, I would have accidently used super explosive wave, and blown us all up. And the surrounding area wouldn’t exist anymore. Including you. It would kill the Captain over there, who is much stronger than I am, and could beat you.”

“I wouldn’t say that Burter!” Ginyu yelled from the sidelines. “A good captain lets his men attack first, and then uses the body swap technique to leave his enemy in a dying body.”

“Right… presuming the fact that you think you can kill me.”

“Pretty sure we could. I just noticed Guldo used his time stopping abilities five times while you were speaking. You didn’t notice what he did at all, and would probably not want to.”

Ember just facepalmed. “You’re not getting what I mean, are you? Maybe your captain knows.”

“Just leave her alone Burter! We could easily take her on as a unit, but that’s not how we roll. And besides…”

“Dear Celestia… None of you get it at all. You CAN’T kill me… I’m immortal. The reason for my powers was because they were given to me by a DYING PHOENIX and with that, comes immortality.”

“Well, Captain Ginyu could easily swap bodies with you, and have his body be dying when your in it, so you wouldn’t really be immortal anymore, and could die.”

“It’s not that either. Even your body fades away, my SOUL still lives on and Phoenix’s come back to life. Which means if you did try to kill me, I would still live on…… But immortality is not always a good thing.” Ember now reached up to her head and did something that would scare most fillies and colts.

She took out her own eyeball and crushed it, the object fading to dust. A new eye formed in Ember’s head, but the dust had a different effect on the five of them. As they breathed it in, they saw visions… Which turned out to be Ember’s memories.

‘Get up, you filthy primate. Do as you were told and kill this thief!!’

The image shown was of Ember in what looked like a mountain area diverse with trees. A young buffalo was chained up, looking at her in fear. Ember shook her head.

‘No. I won’t do it.’

‘Grr…… You know, I think it’s about time you learned your place. An eye for an eye. A life for a life.’

Soon, a red earth pony was brought out, forced to lie on the ground. The Griffon that was in charge, despite Ember’s plea’s, slit her friends throat and followed that up by snapping his neck. Anger and Rage coursed through her as the Mancer let it all out, burning all the killers, slave handlers and murderers that were there in a volcanic uproar that could be seen from all the way in the Crystal Empire to the north. When the dust settled, all that was left was her and the few survivors that she was able to save.

‘I’m sorry Red… I never wanted this to happen… It should have been me...’

“Do you understand now?” Ember asked as the Ginyu Force snapped back to reality.

“While it did look traumatizing, we’ve had worse.” Then, before Ember could even blink, Ginyu put his fingers against her head, showing her an image that would be forever ingrained into her skull.

All that Ember saw was something black, with two souless white eyes, with lifeless black pupils, and a red mouth similar to a clown. But if that didn’t scare her enough, what it said did. “Pecking order!”

Ember though, didn’t move. “Meh… Popo right?”

The entire Ginyu Force gasped at that. “No! Don’t call him that! It’s Mister Popo! He’ll destroy you if he hears you failing to refer to him by his title!” Just then, the entire planet shook, as a single voice was heard in the distance.

“That’s right, maggots.”

“Okay, MR. Popo then. My apologies.” Ember sighed. “Next time we meet, I want to get the chance to meet him in person. I think he and I can strike up a nice conversation about you guys.” The last bit about the conversation was to be sarcastic.

“Well, Mr. Popo is right behind you.” When Ember turned around, she did indeed see Mr. Popo right behind her, standing on a magic carpet.

“Did I hear that you thought you could strike up a conversation with me?” Mr. Popo started laughing. “You must remember the pecking order. In case you forgot, it’s you, the dirt, the worms living inside the dirt, Popo’s stool, Kami, and then Popo.”

“Right… Something tells me that there’s one thing these five aren’t going to be after I leave… Safe.”

“No, they did everything correct, so they will receive maximum punishment. But you on the other hand, disrespected me, so I will show you TOTAL CRUEL UNJUST FOR LIVING BEINGS PUNISHMENT-!”

“Mr. Popo… I apologize for my rudeness. I was unaware about your title or position. In exchange for allowing me to leave and return to my family for heart's warming, I’ll place this in your care.” Ember told Mr. Popo, giving him an Identical phoenix feather. “You may use it to summon me whenever you believe it is necessary.”

Then, before Mr. Popo could react, Captain Ginyu spoke up. “Umm, here you go.” He handed her the Ginyu Force’s token, before moving away quickly. “You may leave now. Our contract is complete.”

“Thank you, Mr. Ginyu. It’s been a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially you, Mr. Popo.” She replied as she conjured a portal of flames and stepped through, disappearing through the gateway before the flames died down and faded away.

Mr. Popo slowly turns to look at the Ginyu Force. “You didn’t let me exact my punishment Maggots!”

The rest of the day was filled with the Ginyu Force receiving punishment.

“Aww man guys, I just realized something.” Recoome said as he was getting punished.

“Oh yeah? What Recoome?” Jeice asked.

“We never got to introduce ourselves.” And when Recoome said that, the entire Ginyu Force screamed, as that was more punishment than whatever Mr. Popo could give them.

And if you listen closely, you could hear the maniacal laughter of Mr. Popo as he continued his punishment on the Ginyu Force.


Back at the Crystal Empire…

Ember’s return back to her world did not go unnoticed. She arrived back in the guest room, where both Frost and Twilight were waiting for her patiently. However, the Alicorn had a BUNCH of questions for her in regards to what she just did and where she was. Ember though, avoided answering the questions since she thought that trying to explain the whole Displaced theory would cause her mind to explode. Instead, the three of them hurried to make sure to catch the train to Ponyville so that way they could get back to the town before morning came.

Because Ember did not want to miss her first Heart’s Warming with her new family.

In the Distance though, Someone was watching them as they left. However, she believed that their search was to no avail as she continued to look for the last thing she needed to become whole. To become complete… To become… Perfect.


End Chapter 7