• Published 8th May 2015
  • 8,939 Views, 194 Comments

The Flames of the Phoenix - FrostTheWolf



I am more than what you think I am. You think that I'm weak, broken and easy to deceive? Well, you're about to find out the reason why I am not to be trifled with [Displaced story]

  • ...
35
 194
 8,939

5- Bring me to life

The Flames of the Phoenix- Bring me back to life


Castle of Friendship

“SPIKE!!!”

Both the Alicorn and the two earth ponies scrambled to the side of the baby dragon in order to try and help him. He was encased in a tomb of solid ice, frozen alive by the Cryophoenix that slipped in here undetected by anypony inside or outside the castle. Twilight herself tried to use her own magic, only to get bounced backwards and into a wall of the castle. Applejack herself was going to try and break it with her hooves, but stopped when Ember put her hand right in front of it.

“Stop, That’s not going to work!!”

“Well, Ah can’t just stand here and do nothin’!!” Applejack shot back.

“Then help me then.” Ember told her niece as she began to surround the icicle in a warm flame. Slowly, the fire was able to do something that Twilights magic could not. The Fire began to slowly melt the ice away, thawing the baby Dragon that was inside. “Even though my fire can melt the ice, I need something to get his body temperature back up. Princess, do you have any gems on you?”

“Y-yeah but-.”

“Well, I need them now. Gems to a dragon are like logs to a campfire. He needs to have them if you want him to survive.”

Twilight herself was surprised. She did not know about that. But now was not the time to ponder on newly discovered information. The Princess needed to do this if she wanted her Assistant to be okay. Swiftly, she teleported into the castle’s kitchen and grabbed the sack of gems in the cabinet. Flying back with her wings, she tossed them to Ember, who caught them with one hand. Spike was fully thawed out of the ice, but now came the hard part of this emergency operation. Ember had to have the Dragon digest the gems, which meant she had to move his jaw to simulate a chewing motion as she fed him a Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald and a Topaz to finish it off.

After a few minutes, Spikes closed eyes sprang open as he rose upward, coughing a little. “W-what? What…… happened?”

“Oh Spike!!” Twilight was so relieved that she tightly gave Spike a hug that would resemble a hug from Pinkie Pie. She had been worried for the past ten minutes if he was okay, but now, she was beyond relieved. “Y-you scared me!”

“S-scared you? But I was only taking a nap upstairs. Matter of fact, why am I wet?” The little dragon looked around a little, confused before walking back upstairs to go dry off and return to reading the unfinished Power Ponies Issue he had upstairs. Now, Applejack and Big Mac were looking towards Ember, who had Philomena on her shoulders.

“One moment, he’s Frozen in ice and the next moment, he can’t remember a thing? What in tarnations is that all about?”

‘My guess is that Anivia erased any memories of his encounter with her so that way nopony could follow her trail. Which means, we don’t have any clues on where she could possibly be or what she’s doing.’

“Actually, I think I have an answer for the last part.” Ember said as the ponies looked at her. “She said that she had infused herself with two pieces of the Wendigo heart. Which means that she’s looking for whoever has the final piece she needs.”

“But what’s tha big deal with this Wendigo Heart or whatever it’s called?” Applejack asked.

‘Clearly, you didn’t remember my explanation from before, but let me make this simple. Whoever controls the heart can have the power to turn the world into the literal definition of the Phrase ‘Hell has Frozen Over’.' Philomena explained again. ‘It was the reason why the heart was broken into three pieces. Because of how powerful the artifact was.’

Now that was a big deal. Especially after the fiasco that happened at the last Winter Wrap up. Nopony would want the world to become frozen over. “Where do you think the piece could be?”

‘When it was split up, the three pieces were sent to the coldest regions in the world. The First was Cantartica at the southern Hemisphere. The Second was the region of Neighpal in the southeast. The Last one was said to be deep within the caves of the Crystal Empire. Possibly near the Equator. But given the defeat of Sombra, the circumstances might change.’

Philomena was right. Due to the dark king’s defeat, a lot of Tectonic activity occurred in the days that followed. Everything these days was calm, but it was unknown if that last piece was somehow coughed up during those days.

“We should prepare ahead just in case.” Ember said. “Philomena, return to Celestia and informed her of what occurred. Twilight, can you send a letter to Princess Cadence requesting me to meet her? Something tells me that we have a trip to the Crystal Empire in our future. Plus, Big Mac, follow me please. We’re going to get a head start-.”

Philomena herself left while Twilight was preparing a letter to send, but the Alicorn stopped once Ember began to speak about Big Mac. “Wait… Forgive me for being so abrupt, but what do you mean about getting a head start?”

“With Training of course. Mac here is strong enough like me to control a force in nature using Life Force energy. However, his element is Earth and we just discovered it this morning. If Anivia is planning to do something, and I believe she is, then ALL of us need to be ready.” Ember told her as they walked outside. However, what they found outside was not exactly what any of them would expect.

Ember was looking at the same girl who she saw in Canterlot yesterday tear apart a metal suit of armor to shreds with her Cloth turned weapon.

“That’s what you get for trying to hurt my friends, tin man!!!”

Ember sighed, facepalming herself. “Well, looks like we meet again, Ms. Erica.”

The Blue hair girl now turned around to face the Mancer, the Princess and the Two earth ponies. “Oh……oops.”

“What took you idiots so long to get here?” Said Vinyl, who jumped off of Erica’s back. “I’m surprise you didn’t hear the gunshots and cannon fire tin man over here fired off.” She said as she spat up some of her own blood onto the remains of The Captain of the Knights. “Figures whenever something like this happens you Princesses are late to the party.”

“Ember, how do you know this girl?” Twilight then asked the Mancer as the girl sighed.

“Yesterday, they caused a ruckus in Canterlot because some Townsfolk that were still fearful of what happened with Lord Tirek thought that Erica was holding ponies hostage when she was only talking to them inside a Cafe. If I hadn’t shown up, the list of charges against them would’ve grown much bigger.”

“Oh really? List them then!!” Vinyl retorted.

Ember stretched her back muscles as he named them off one by one. “Property Damage, Assault with a deadly weapon, multiple noise complaints, bunch of innocent bystanders and lastly…… Sexual Harassment.”

“...... I’m not apologizing.”

Ember rolled her eyes as she looked at the two of them. “To put it lightly, you two would’ve been locked up in the Canterlot Dungeon if I weren’t there to help clear things up. Which means two things… One, you owe me an apology and two, you better thank me for saving both of your flanks.”

“Hey! I didn’t ask for you to save us! And for the record, we were doing just fine on our own in Canterlot that day-.”

“Should I remind you of the fact that you blasted Princess Luna in the Face with your Toy, Ms. Scratch?”

“It’s not a toy you jerk! And it her fault for locking us up just because of that scared pony. I mean who does that just because of the way Erica looks?”

“Anypony who is still afraid. Besides her, I’m the only other human here. So with that in mind, I’ll leave you two to get a lecture from Princess Sparkle. In the meantime, I need to be able to help train my nephew. Come on, Big Mac.”

“Coming, Aunt Embah!”

“How pathetic.” Said the Armor knight. “To think humans like yourselves would serve the-.”

Before the knight could say anything else, Ember melted the suit of metal with her Magma abilities til it was nothing more than just a core. “I hate it when people are trying to monologue before they are defeated.”

“.......You idiot.” Said Erica. “We could of figure out who sent him, and why he was after me.”

“I know exactly who from the looks of it. The Crystals that are in the Armors eye sockets explain everything. It was Anivia’s doing so she could test you. Now, I believe that core is somehow familiar to you, so I’ll leave the princess to you while I attend to something with my family members.”

“Wait so this Anivia guy is working with the Mad Queen as well?” Asked Vinyl. “Cause I don’t know who they both are, but tin man here kept on say ‘for the glory of the mad queen’... a lot.”

“Two things. One, Anivia is a girl. A female Cryophoenix for that matter. Two, It could be a simple case of Mind Control.” Twilight replied as Ember left the scene with Applejack and Big Mac. “Come inside and I’ll catch you two up to speed on everything so far.”

“Great…..why do I get the feeling she’s going to ask me a lot of questions?” Asked Erica.

“You should’ve seen the question list she had for me when she found my wubstep gun.”


Crystal Empire (Unknown Location)

He felt exhausted. His hands were worn down to the bone as he was panting for air. The garments he use to have along his upper body were taken from him along with his other possessions like the shoes on his feet. Like the other children who were taken to work as slaves for an Illegal Mining Operation in the Town of Coalson, this being was forced to work alongside them. To serve as an example for what happens if you misbehave or disrespect the Stallion in charge. It was easy to do that with a figure that had resemblances to a Diamond Dog, but wasn’t completely one.

But today, things were different for the Wolf Excedian that was in the cave. A small discovery that he personally made helped restore hope to his soul. Made him think that he could be free. But if he were to be free, then all the other Colts, Fillies, and younglings that were taken from their homes must be freed too. It would be painful and also cruel to leave them behind. But, for this to work, he needed to break himself free of his restraints.

His hands and feet were chained up in a special kind of restraint that the handlers would normally put on Unicorns. So that way it would prevent them from casting Magic. For him, it just limited him from using his full strength. However, if he were to give these Criminals a true taste of the pain they caused, he needed to break free.

Outside, he heard a few of the Stallions out there talking amongst one another. “Hey Onyx. You left the Mutt inside the cave again.”

“Seriously? Why is it my turn to go get him!?”

“Because Eride and I already had to deal with him for the past two weeks and you know the bosses rules. A new pony tends to him every week.”

“Ugh, Fine… He’s probably passed out on the ground anyways.” The other stallion grunted as he was heard trotting towards the cave the wolf was in. He got himself in position. Lying against the cave walls like he was passed out. The black crystalline pony trotted in, saddle bag in tow. He grunted in disbelief, cursing to himself as he tried to nudge the wolf awake with a hoof. That single motion was what the Wolf needed to spring a trap on him, taking the chains on his hands and wrapping them around the pony’s neck. After a few seconds, “Onyx” passed out on the ground.

One down, seven to go.

Moving quickly, The Wolf went to the stallions saddlebag and opened it up. He was relieved to see a keyring inside the bag and after some trial and error, he freed himself from his restraints. He could feel his energy flowing through him like water as he opened the other side of the saddlebag. To his surprise, he found his garments inside the bag. A sleeveless cyan shirt and a Sleeveless Turquoise jacket. Nothing much, but it does help keep his fur protected from the brutal cold of the Blizzards that occur here. Speaking of which, one was occurring right now. A perfect way for him to catch them by surprise.

Putting the crystal pony in a Ice like Cocoon, the wolf stepped out of the cave. He was Bipedal in appearance, had two hands, feet, was about a little below 5ft 10in in height and had a set of Quills on the front and back of his head. His front set consisted of three spikes that were in between his Ice like eyes and the back set had two top quills pointing straight behind him, another two pointing up at the first set and the last set pointing straight down at the ground. The Back quills also had bits of fur that resembled snow.

“Hey, Where’s Onyx? He should be back by now!”

“Crap.” The Wolf cursed. He could feel the presence of the others in the camp heading towards him. But this also served as a perfect chance to knock all of them out at once. Clapping his hands together, he slammed his right hand into the ground and a Runic Sigil began to glow underneath him. Seconds later, A barrage of Frozen Spikes formed from underneath each of the incoming slave handlers and froze them in place. They had no idea what was coming at them.

Seeing that all his opponents as of right now were all unconscious, it meant that one more enemy remained. The one guarding the other workers. The Wolf began to run on all fours to increase his speed, using his sense of smell to track their location. Finally, when he found the last one, the Excedian sprung forth and tackled them to the ground. Startling the Stallion.

“Y-your the Wolf-!! What the hay did you-?”

The Excedian froze the pony’s mouth and sighed. “Your comrades are all unconscious and will soon be facing the same punishment that you will face for the Crimes you have committed.” With that, he knocked him out with a fist to the face. Grabbing the Keyring from his saddlebag, Frost unlocked the door to the house the final stallion was guarding. After looking around a little and finding the place where these ponies had stored all of their important supplies, he used the same key again to open up the door to the basement. Where he found all the Children that the Slave handlers had foalnapped over the course of three long months.

“W-who are you-?” One of them shrieked as they stared at him.

“It’s okay… I mean no harm. The ones that took you away from your homes are knocked out and I plan to bring them to the Crystal Guard so they can be locked up for the crimes they’ve committed. Is everypony okay?”

Most of them said yes, but Frost could tell otherwise. The conditions in this place were horrible. Barely any food or water, no clothes or blankets to keep them warm, and some looked like they were on the brink of death. “Anypony who is strong enough to stand on their own hooves, come follow me. Bring everypony up here too. Your foalnappers have Medical supplies, food and water up here in the kitchen and there’s wood in the fireplace to warm yourselves up with. Once everypony is able to move, we’ll make our way to the Crystal Empire as soon as possible.”

Everypony in the room soon began to scramble upstairs in a mad dash as they raided the shelves for whatever supplies they could find. One of the older mares in the camp named Pearl and a colt named Valiance soon trotted up alongside the wolf. “Thank you…… I don’t know what we could’ve done without you.”

“One of us had to stand up for everypony else.”

“True… Oh, that reminds me, you never told us your name. What is it?”

The wolf smiled a little as he looked at the colt that asked the question to him. “Frost. My name is Frost Shinekuya.”

“Mr. Frost, why is it that you decided to help us all out?” Valiance asked.

“We all deserve the chance to be free. Otherwise, we’re all like a bunch of puppets. Tangled in the strings that bind us. Now that we’re free, they’re no more strings on us.”

Pearl smiled and Valiance happily hugged the wolf. Frost felt glad to be helping these ponies. Nopony had to go through this kind of suffering. Over the course of the day as they waited for the blizzard to die down, the children helped each other, played together, ate together and sang as a way to thank their savior. As night fell though, all of them were now standing outside. Their captives were on a frozen sleigh that Frost had conjured using his powers. The trek to the crystal empire was going to be a long one…

So why not get a head start? They have a long journey ahead of them after all. Things don’t come to those who wait, but instead come to those who take action and priority. Right now, Frost, Pearl, Valiance and the others behind them were going to travel to the Empire to reunite the ponies with their families.

The march of the children had begun. The march to return them home.


End Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Song: Evanescence- Bring me to life

Equestrian Definition for Excedian: A race of Bipedal creatures that have the genetics and physical traits of different animal species while also containing the intellectual and social capabilities of a normal pony. Many of them are attuned to different special abilities and traits like how a Unicorn cast use Magic and Pegasi can fly. However, it is very rare to see these creatures in the flesh.

Frost Reference

So now, there are three Mancers. Ember is Fire, Big Mac is Earth and Frost is Ice/Water. Three times the mayhem.