• Published 7th May 2015
  • 25,168 Views, 3,592 Comments

There's Nopony I'd Rather Be Than Me - Tatsurou



Wreck it Ralph raises Nightmare Moon in the arcade.

  • ...
39
 3,592
 25,168

Awaken

Wily, Ralph, Nightmare, and Rush raced back to the Arcade as fast as they could. Since they knew exactly where they were going, it would take a lot less time to go straight there. Unfortunately, it was also through one of the more dangerous parts of the net, and they were all out of battle chips for handling the viruses, and Wily had used the chip folder to store the virus data for fixing Moony. If they ran into any large groups of viruses, they were probably screwed.

Which is why they felt hope failing as just that happened. A large worm not unlike that which had attacked the arcade, a strange spider like viral program, and a frightening happy face blocked their path and started towards them, seeking new data to consume.

Nightmare stepped forward. "I will clear the path," he stated bluntly as he drew Soul Edge. "Much like with Zero, one lost sprite from the fighting game will not be readily noticed. You can change the code so I will not be missed."

"But-" Ralph began.

"You must be there for Moony," Nightmare stated bluntly, powering himself up. "I was ready for this when I came, much like Zero was."

"Zero..." Wily moaned, tears in his eyes.

A blue line of light split the three virus beasts, exploding them. A shadowed figure appeared as the light faded. Details became clear. Long, thin legs clad in white and black, with red and black boots. Red and white upper body armor with spikes for shoulder pauldrons. A blue gem above the left hand. A blue energy blade instead of a right hand. A flared back helmet with a large blue crystal. Glowing yellow eyes. A fleshless face. Long yellow hair flaring down and outward from the back of the figure's head, almost down to the bottom of the boots. No booblights.

"You called, Dad?" the figure asked in a deep, gravelly voice.

Wily, Nightmare, Rush, and Ralph all stared in shock. "Z...Zero?" Wily asked, dumbstruck.

"Yes," he replied. "It's me...sort of." When Wily started to race forward, Zero swung up the energy blade to ward him off. "D-don't touch me. I don't have the viral data completely under control yet."

"Viral data?" Ralph asked in confusion.

"When I was absorbed into the viral beast, it started consuming my code," Zero explained. "I tried to patch my code with the virus's...and this was the result. On the plus side, I'm much better at fighting viruses now."

Wily nodded. "As soon as we've fixed Moony, I'll stabilize your code. Don't know if I can change you back, but as long as I can make sure you don't accidentally infect anyone, I doubt the players will care."

"You kidding?" Ralph demanded incredulously. "He looks totally awesome now!" He paused. "Not that you didn't look awesome before..."

Zero chuckled. "I'll keep your path clear. Come on!" Turning, he dashed down the path, the others following him as fast as they could go.


Once they made it back to the arcade, Zero insisted on waiting on the net side of the connection, to prevent contamination. Wily took a sample of his code to work on for stabilizing him once Moony was fixed, then rushed to the prepared viral lab.

Ralph raced to Moony's side, kneeling beside her. What he saw chilled him to his code.

Her entire body had darkened, the luster of her coat and eyes fading. She jerked now and then, as though having seizures. She still hadn't woken up, and every so often part or all of her body would glitch into code. Every time any of these things happened, Felix would smack Moony's body with his hammer, and she'd stabilize...for a time. But at the rate Felix was hammering, it was plain that wouldn't work for much longer. It had less effect each time he struck, and what effect didn't last as long.

Ralph placed his large hand on his daughter's neck. "I'm here, Moony," he whispered. "Hang on. We've got the virus. We'll have the antivirus soon."

The seizures stilled, and the glitching slowed a bit. "D...d...dad..." Moony groaned, her voice glitching.

"I'm here!" Ralph said quickly. "Don't worry. You're going to be okay-"

"I-i-is...T-t-t-ta-ra...ok-k-kay?" Moony managed to ask.

Felix nodded. "Tara's fine," he reassured her. "You saved her. Thank you."

Moony looked up at Felix. "I-I-I'm...g-g-g-g-glad..." The glitching of her voice got worse, and her voice started to fade out. "S-s-sorry...for mak-k-king you worry, D-d-d-dad-d-d-d...I l-l-love...y-you..."

"Moony!" Ralph gasped desperately. "Hang on! It won't be too much longer! Just...just don't go!" He could feel his spark breaking as he felt her starting to slip away.

Moony managed to smile up at him, her armor starting to dissolve off of her. "I-I am bad...and that's...g-g-g-g-good... ... ..." Her voice faded away completely, and her body began to dissolve.

"Moony!" Ralph screamed out in despair as Felix desperately wailed away with his golden hammer.

Wily raced up. "I've got the anti-virus!" he proclaimed. "It should fix the damage she's already taken, too!" He placed it against Moony's chest and pressed a button on the device. It whirred to life.

Nothing happened.

"What's wrong?" Ralph demanded. "What's happening?"

"She...she's too far gone," Wily moaned after examining the data. "The anti-virus...it doesn't have enough power to fix her..."

"I can fix her!" Felix proclaimed desperately, smacking the device with his hammer. It flared briefly.

Wily's eyes widened. "That...that helped! But not enough-"

Ralph seized the hammer, noticing it dwarfed in his hand. "Make it bigger!" he demanded of Wily.

"But-" Wily began.

"Do it!" Ralph bellowed.

Wily's fingers raced over his console, editing code. The hammer grew in size until Ralph could grip it in one hand without losing it.

Ralph turned back to Moony. "I can fix it," he growled deep in his throat. He hefted it back over his shoulder. "LIVE!" he bellowed, bringing the hammer down hard on the anti-virus program.

The program flared to life.

"LIVE!" Ralph bellowed again, bringing the hammer down again.

It became a chant, a shout of "Live!" mixing with the sound of metal on metal as the hammer clanged down. The chant spread, with every sprite in the arcade adding their voice, even those who barely knew Moony at all.

Live.

Live.

Live.

"Live," Litwak whispered with every strike, desperate not to lose the one who had brought so much life to his home. "Live."

And the chant spread even further than that...

Author's Note:

Will you chant for Moony?