• Published 6th May 2015
  • 484 Views, 5 Comments

Azurala's 30 Day Derpy Whooves Challenge - Azurala



Could 30 days and 30 prompts of Derpy and the Doctor ever go wrong? Never.

  • ...
2
 5
 484

Cuddling Somewhere

The Doctor sighed contentedly, taking in the blueberry scent of Derpy's mane in a slow inhale, his nose buried in her flaxen locks. "You are quite the marvelous creature, Derpy Hooves."

"Thanks, Doctor." Derpy turned her head to nuzzle their noses together, big golden eyes half-lidded with sleepiness. "You're pretty great, too. Kinda weird, though."

He snorts. "We are both wonderfully unique. Saying we're weird is just... Well, weird. Nobody--"

"Nopony." Derpy interrupted casually.

"Right. Nopony is actually weird, you see. Weirdness is just an illusion created by social norms and a pony's opinions. When you look at somepony and think they're weird, you're actually wrong, because this pony is exactly how the universe intended to create it, and you're just thinking backwards of everything the universe knows is right."

Derpy stared into the pleasantly flickering fire in the hearth, slowly processing what her coltfriend had said. "No."

"No! No?" The Doctor went agape and spluttered when hair got into his mouth. "You're saying the universe is wrong! And if there's anything I've learned in all my travels, it's that the universe is always right and sometimes we just can't see it because it's on such a grand scale that is unable to be perceived by such small, totally inconsequential organisms like ourselves... You can't really--"

"No, Doctor. You're definitely weird." Derpy pushed herself over so she splayed out on her side, her head resting on the Doctor's outstretched front legs. "The universe was wrong this time."

Half an indignant whinny escaped the Doctor's mouth before he realized that this was an argument he would never be free of. "Fine. I guess I am a little weird, huh?" He laid his head down on her shoulder, catching another whiff of her blueberry shampoo. "Not knowing how to pick things up with these hooves and whatnot."

Derpy only made a small, contented noise, half asleep already.