• Published 7th May 2015
  • 470 Views, 1 Comments

Mia Cadenza - IvyBower101



Princess Mi Amore Cadenza wasn't always a princess. In fact at one time she was a normal pegasus, living with her family. Until one fateful day.

  • ...
2
 1
 470

Starting Over

"Next stop Canterlot! Next stop Canterlot station!"

The conductors broke me from my thoughts and took me into the present. I stretched and peered out the window anticipating the sight of the grand city. As soon as we rounded the corner, Canterlot came into sight. I gasped, it was a whole city perched on the edge of cliff. I had never seen anything like it in my entire life. I stared in wonder at this amazing feat until we reached the station.

We arrived at the station and I tried to slowly step off the train but was quickly hurried away by the push of the crowd. I soon broke free though, and stared up in wonder at the amazing sight in front of my eyes. The building were all tall and grand, and everypony seemed to have a destination of great importance to get to. Some ponies were sitting in outdoor booths enjoying tea and the nice weather.

"Iridescence would have loved this."

As soon as the thought came to my to my head, tears sprang to my eyes. The loss was still fresh, but that was why Minty sent me to Canterlot. To get me away from all the memories that would haunt me. I shook my head to get the depressing feelings out of my head, and plastered a small smile on my face. I had to remember what Minty told me right before I got on the train.

I scanned the area around me and saw the spires of the royal palace up ahead. The palace seemed to be the center of town, so I needn't worry over directions. I headed straight for the royal palace at a determined pace. I tried to walk with the rush of ponies but in many cases I was fighting the crowd.

In the end it took an hour to finally reach the palace. I was once again wonder struck at the sheer magnitude of the whole palace. The palace doors alone were three times the size the ones on our cottage door. I walked slowly up the stairs to the doors and was blocked by a couple of guards.

"Halt."

One guard commanded harshly.

"What business do you have here filly?"

The guard inquired gruffly.

"I have been sent here by a pony from my village."

I barely whispered in reply.

"What village and what pony."

He again asked harshly.

"I am from Cherrywood on the other side of Equestria and the pony who sent me is named Minty."

I answered sincerely. I saw understanding register in the guards eyes.

"Oh, you must be the filly Minty said she was sending to us."

The second guard spoke up. The first guard looked at the second and gave him a questioning look. The second guard nodded.

"Well then filly, if Minty really did send you we will have to take you to the Princess herself."

My eyes grew big at the thought of meeting the Princess of Equestria. I nodded rapidly and followed the guard though the large doors. He signaled to another guard to take his place and beckoned for me to follow him. I took my place behind him and followed as he lead me thought the palace. I looked around and gazed in amazement at the glass murals on the sides of the rooms. They depicted many of the great battles the Princess fought and simple pictures as well.

I kept having to speed up to catch up with the guard, when I got caught up with one of the murals. We soon arrived at the door that I guessed led to the Princess's receiving chamber. The guard stopped in front of the chamber and instructed for me to wait there until the doors opened to let me in. I nodded again and thanked him. He told me to stay put one more time before turning and leaving.

I straightened my hair and tried to look presentable. I fidgeted with the saddlebags on my back for a few minutes before I heard the sound of hoofbeats. I straightened and took a deep breath. I quickly ran what I would say though my head again. Before plastering a big smile on my face. The door opened a few moments after and let out a small stream of ponies. The chattered among themselves and ignored me completely. They all trickled out after a few minutes and I waited to be called.

I grew frightened they wouldn't call me when the doors started to close. But I heard a small 'wait' before the doors completely closed. A regal voice commanded the guards to let me though. They tried to protest but the voice cut off them off. One of the guards turned to me and ushered me in. I took tentative steps into the room and tried to look demure by looking at the floor. I slowly walked over and bowed deeply in front a the throne.

"Lift your head up little one."

A sweet but commanding voice reached my ears and I immediately looked up. I gasped slightly when I saw the Princess. She was beautiful! She was tall, taller than anypony I had ever seen, and her white coat positively shimmered. Her mane was amazing! It floated around her head and was split into three muted hues. I was positively breathless.

The Princess laughed at my reaction, and I strayed again. The sound of her voice was honey to my ears. It was almost too much to take in. I started to breath in little gasps. My prepared speech flew out my head and I was rendered speechless.

"Little filly it's okay, there no need to panic. I won't put you in the dungeon for not saying the right words or any words at all."

The Princess's voice was filled with concern.

"Pr- Pr- Princess, I am okay. I am just a l-l-little overwhelmed. Thank you for your concern though Majesty."

I stuttered a little but was able to get my words out.

"That's good that your okay little filly, but there is no need to be overwhelmed. I am after all a pony just like you."

I gasped and quickly tried to protest but the Princess held up a hoof to silence me.

"Don't worry about it little filly. Now let's get to the matter at hand. First what is your name little filly?"

I took a breath before answering.

"Mi Amore Cadenza Majesty."

I replied rather loudly. I winced st my loud exclamation.

"Mi Amore what an interesting name. Beautiful but interesting. Is it by chance a family name?"

I nodded quickly.

"Do you by chance have a nickname Mi Amore?"

The Princess asked innocently. I almost answered Mia but I stopped. I had a new beginning, so why not take a new nickname?

"Cadence Your highness."

Slight surprise registered in the Princess's eyes but she gave no outward reaction.

"What a nice nick name. Cadence. Well I quite enjoy that. Now, Cadence why are you here?"

This time I didn't hesitate.

"I was sent here by a pony in the village by the name of Minty, who found me and helped me after the accident. Minty had found me collapsed in front of my families cottage which had been burned down by a passing dragon. That dragon killed my entire family as well. That is why I am here, to have a safe place to recuperate away from the memories."

Tears were streaming down my face by the time I finished and I moved to wipe them off, but the Princess got there first. She gently wiped my tears and gave me a hug. I was shocked into silence for a moment but then to my utter shock started sobbing. I hadn't realized until that moment how must the loss had affected me. It wasn't until somepony had put there arms around me to comport me that the floodgates had broke open.

The Princess rubbed my back and comforted me until I quieted. Then she slowly pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"You poor, poor filly. I am truly sorry. If it is any comfort to you, I lost my parents at a young age as well. I know your feelings all to well."

Surprise flickered across my face but a feeling of warmth accompanied it. I felt better knowing that somepony else shared my pain. I nodded tearfully at the Princess and wiped my eyes.

"Thank you Princess."

I smiled at her happily.

"Enough of this Princess and Majesty stuff. Call me Celestia I insist. After all you are going to be staying here from now on."

My jaw dropped and I couldn't believe my ears. I was going to stay in the palace with the Princess.

"Oh thank you Prin-, I mean Celestia. Thank you so much!"

I started crying again and I could even see moisture in the Princess's eyes. That's when I felt it. Contentment. I knew right then and there I would be happy from there on. I could leave my loss behind and be happy. I just knew it. I was starting over.

Author's Note:

Next chapter done. Phew! That was a long one. Thanks for all your support so far!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment