• Published 7th May 2015
  • 473 Views, 1 Comments

Mia Cadenza - IvyBower101



Princess Mi Amore Cadenza wasn't always a princess. In fact at one time she was a normal pegasus, living with her family. Until one fateful day.

  • ...
2
 1
 473

The Beginning of The End

"Mia, Mia! Where are you? Come on out it's not funny!"

I giggled happily at the confusion of my sister, Iridescence, who struggled to spot me. I hunkered down lower in my desired hiding place. She would never find me here! Iridescence' s cries grew more frantic as time went on but I ignored them having too much fun tormenting her. Soon her cries abruptly stopped. After a few minutes I slowly crept out and made my way toward the house.

My family, Mom, Dad, and Iridescence all lived in a small one story house in a remote town of Equestria. We lived humbly and peacefully, bothering no one on our small acre of land far from the village. I whistled tunelessly and skipped along the path anticipating the scare I would give my sister. I rounded the corner and stopped.

My eyes grew big and my breath hitched. No. No. NO! It couldn't be true. I don't know what I'm seeing. In front of me sat the ruins of our small country cottage and in front of the house sat three bodies. I ran over to the bodies and shook the body of my little sister weakly. I screamed her name until my voice was hoarse. This couldn't be happening. It just wan't possible. One minute I was teasing my sister, and the next she was.... gone. I sobbed uncontrollably and soon fell to the ground shaking.


I must have fallen asleep because I awoke later in a strange bed. I immediately bolted upright in bed. I regretted that action because I felt nausea come over me in waves. I groaned and fell back into the bed. I quickly surveyed from my position in bed. The room was small and quaint. Most likely a village residence. A delicious aroma filled the house with cinnamon and cherry blossom. An odd but surprisingly good combination.

I put my head back down and sighed. A tear crawled it's way down my face at the memory of what happened yesterday. I hastily wiped away the tear when a pony walked in. A small female earth pony walked and headed for a pot on the corner stove. The pony was mint green with a light yellow mane. She took the pot and poured it's contents in a small earthen bowl. She then carefully took it and brought it to me.

"Good your awake. Here now eat this."

She handed me the bowl. I took it but gave her a suspicious look.

"Who are you and why am I here?"

I asked while slowly sipping the contents of the bowl, which turned out to be a thick soup.

"Oh where are my manners. My name is Minty. I found you collapsed in front of a house with three bodies, which I took to be your family. Am I right?"

Minty asked tensely. I simply nodded mutely.

"I don't know what happened to them though."

I barely whispered to her.

"I might know."

Minty replied. I nodded again to let her know to keep going.

"There have been reports of a wild dragon on the loose ravaging villages and killing hundreds. That would explained why your house was burned."

I sat stone cold still and processed what she had said. My parents, my sister, my whole life, gone because of a random dragon attack. I was suddenly mad, no furious! I started screaming and sobbing uncontrollably. Minty stood by helplessly while I raged. I just couldn't believe it all. I still was under the illusion this was all a dream and I wake to the sounds of breakfast. My body just couldn't handle the shock. So for the second time that day I collapsed into unconsciousness.


I awoke once again in Minty's house. This time Minty was by my side looking concerned. I sat up slowly and fought of the nausea.

"I'm sorry Minty. I just am shocked that's all."

I gave her a small smile.

"Darn right your shocked! I would be too, if my family was taken from me by a random attack. Don't worry about it."

Minty waved a hoof as if too take away all my doubt.

"Anyway, I never did get your name."

Minty asked inquisitively.

"Mi Amore Cadenza or Mia cadenza. Mia Amore is a family name, that's why it's so eccentric."

Minty sat back in her chair and rubbed her chin.

"Pretty name."

Minty simply stated. She then abruptly sat up and got her saddlebags.

"What's up Minty?"

I asked confused.

"Mia we are going to Canterlot. A pretty filly like you should go somewhere nice to get over the shock. It helps if it's away from the scene of the accident."

Minty answered looking me straight in the eye, just daring me to argue. I gulped and nodded without saying anything. Minty simply turned an filled her saddlebags with food and money. I slowly got out of bed and shook myself out. Minty finished filling her bag and grabbed a flower from one of her many vases. She pushed it behind my ear.

"There now you look presentable. Let's go."

Minty opened the door and took me out of her house. She led me down the small lane of our tiny village to our equally small train station. The train to Canterlot was just leaving. I think Minty had this planned out from the beginning. She led me up the platform and quickly put the saddlebags on my bag. I tried to argue but before I could, Minty hugged me and whispered in my ear,

"Go to the Royal Palace and tell them Minty sent you. They'll help you."

Before releasing me and sending me off. I nodded and boarded the train. I picked a spot by the window and watched as Minty, the village and everything I had ever known, become a speck in the distance. It was the end of my beginning and the start of a new beginning.

Author's Note:

A whole new genre for me. Hope you like!