• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 1,737 Views, 65 Comments

Dark Life And Frozen Mind - Brony Parasite



A year has passed since Equestria fell to Lord Folteren. But a dead friend with little memories of her old life on earth shows up. What will happen, and what does fate hold for the female Night Elf?

  • ...
14
 65
 1,737

Light Side: And Down It Goes...

{Bastila Shan’s PoV}
[Location: Rebel Base(South of the Crystal Empire)]

I stood outside of my base, staring at the Crystal Empire as it was destroyed. I felt millions of voices, crying out to somepony to help them. Tears fell, and I tried to quell the Dark Side.

‘Why? Why did he turn to the Dark Side? He was never violent… Never grumpy… If anything, he’d make a better Jedi than me… So why?’

My thoughts were interrupted as my communicator went off. I pulled the circular device out of it’s punch and pressed the receive button. The image of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza appeared in a small, blue, see-through version of herself.

“Yes Princess?” I asked, worried. It wasn’t everyday that an empire fell so quickly.

“Master Shan, has my sister-in-law contacted you by any chance? I haven’t heard from her since the attack started!” There were explosions in the background, and I began to fear that she would get hit.

“No, I’m afraid not.” She looked disappointed, but I continued, “But right now, you need to help your people. Focus on that, and I’ll look for Twilight Sparkle.” She sighed.

“Okay… Tell me as soon as you hear anything!” And the blue image died.

“Master Shan! General Flash requested you in the War Room!” A rebel soldier shouted. I turned my head to him and nodded. ‘Everyone needs me… Of course...’

I look towards the entrance, and Force Dash to it. With the rush of cold wind in my face, I almost smiled. But I can’t smile…

As soon as I enter, I Force Dash towards the war room. It didn’t take long to find it, the rebel base was never big. Two floors, the top having weapons, vehicles(not many), training rooms, and the war room, and the bottom floor having the kitchen, bedrooms, and large dining area. To put it short, it’s nothing like my temple.

When I reached my destination, I lodge my double lightsaber on each side of the small door(I was going too fast).

“Oh! Bastila! You startled me!” I heard Flash inside. I place my lightsaber on my back and step in. Lucky for me, the doors here are tall enough for me to not hit my head.

“You called?”

“Ah, yes. We need to evacuate.” He said simply.

“I know, I’m trying to get the Crystal Empire evacuated immediately-”

“No. We need to evacuate. The Crystal Empire is lost. I’m pulling the remaining rebel troops out.” He said in a monotone voice.

I stiffen. “What? We can’t just leave! One of the Elements of Harmony, Prince Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and hundreds of Crystal Ponies are still in there!” I glare at him. I shake my head, and start breathing through my mouth to calm me.

“Then they’ll have to get out of there by themselves.” He said again. “If we stay, we’ll lose more troops. You and I need to survive. We’re the only ones who can kill Folteren!”

I turn around and whisper. “I don’t plan on killing him…”

He seemed to hear me, and proceeded to growl in response. “Do you know what he’s done!? He turned three of the Elements into his personal slaves, made Princess Luna a filly, took over the castle, forced Celestia to flee, and injured the kingdom!”

I merely turn my head to glare at him. He didn’t understand. I knew in my heart that I could turn him to the light side. Any damage he has done in the past can be repaired with time.

“I will NOT kill my friend... There is no force on Equestria that will change my mind, Flash. Not even Faust could.” I sighed. “You don’t understand… No one does...”

Before he could respond, I turn my head around and quickly walk away.

While I walk quickly, I noticed the shaking of the ground had begun to increase. My eyes widen, and I force sprinted to the the entrance. And what I saw nearly killed me.

I saw the Empire’s biggest buildings falling from the onslaught from the droid ships. I heard cries for help through the force, then… silence.

“Cadence was there…” I whispered to myself. And the one thing I didn’t want to happen, happened.

Folteren did the unthinkable… He committed genocide… The evacuation wasn’t even close to finishing…

And all the Crystal Ponies were in there...

Author's Note:

Part 1 of the down falling... There will be three parts. And this is how I'm making it from now on.