• Published 6th May 2015
  • 2,093 Views, 111 Comments

How to be a school filly - Party Pop



And you thought a bad hair day sucked. How about becoming a pony in the human world?

  • ...
25
 111
 2,093

Maternal instinct

Alex sat on his bed, typing away at an assignment on his laptop. He was would much rather have been reading about recent advancements in aviation, but his mom had been getting at him about his grades. He looked down at his chemistry homework, sighed, and put it aside for now, looking over his email. He was surprised to see one from Sarah in his inbox, with the words Welcome Back! popping out of the subject bar cheerily. He smiled, still impressed that she had figured out how to type with her cute little hooves. He looked over the email, which she had lovingly typed out for him on her own time. It warmed his heart to think of how she had taken time out of her schedule just for him, and suddenly his thoughts turned to a new kind of chemistry. He scrolled down the email, chuckling slightly as he saw a picture of a chibi Captain America on the bottom.

"She remembered my favorite superhero..." he mumbled dreamily, hugging his pillow close and wishing it was her soft, warm body instead. If he closed his eyes, he could almost feel her hooves on his back as they embraced, and thought he caught just the tiniest whiff of the scent of her mane as they held each other close. He knew she liked him, but since his family was of the more traditional style of muslims, he had promised his family not to date any girl until he had known her for at least a year. Sometimes, he almost broke his promise, but he knew his family would have been furious if he did, and stood firm. He leaned back on his bed and thought back to the wonderful date they had recently shared.

The scent of the ocean washed over them like a soft blanket as they had walked together, his mother and sister not far behind. It was traditional for family members to come along on dates in the muslim world, so Sarah didn't mind. They had run along the beach, gone on a few rides on the boardwalk, and even joined in a free salsa dance party nearby for a minute or two, even though neither one knew what they were doing. At the end of the night, he had held her close in his arms as they drove her back home, and felt a warmth like nothing he had ever felt before, and could imagine spending his whole life that way with her, pony or otherwise...

"Alex?" a voice called from behind the door, startling him out of his daydream as he sat up like a shot. He brushed the lingering fairy floss of fantasy from his mind as he opened the door to let his mother in.

"Sorry about that, mom. Did you need something?" he asked, adjusting his ever-present hat. His mother looked somber as she walked in, sending a chill down his spine.

"Alex... We need to talk." she said. He felt like a bucket of ice cubes had been dumped on his head, but he sat down beside her on the bed anyway. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

"Uh, sure mom, what's up?" he said. She bit her lip slightly, and Alex felt like he was about to explode from nerves.

"Well, you and Sarah seem to be spending a lot of time together..." she said. Alex didn't dare to move as he listened breathlessly.

"I know you like her, but you two aren't even the same species anymore, and I think it would be better if you found someone else." she said, the words hanging in the air like a noose. Alex's face paled as he realized the horrible thing his mother had just mandated.

"But, mom, Sarah is a wonderful person, and-"

"I said no, Alex."

"That's not fair to her, she would never abandon me!" He shouted, his face turning red with fury at the injustice of it all.

"I will not have my son be known for beastiality, and that is final!!!" She shouted back, storming out as she slammed the door. Alex glared at her exit, then bit his lip as he clung to his pillow, accepting his fate.

He could already see the tears on his beloved's face.

Author's Note:

This chapter was a tribute to Alex's real-life inspiration, a man who I adore deeply. He was everything I ever wanted from a man, and I miss him more than anything... I hope he can find a woman his family likes better. Please don't trash him in the comments, because he really is a wonderful person. And to him, if he's reading this... I'm sorry I couldn't be a good enough woman for you to be able to keep. I hope you'll be happy soon.