• Published 6th May 2015
  • 2,093 Views, 111 Comments

How to be a school filly - Party Pop



And you thought a bad hair day sucked. How about becoming a pony in the human world?

  • ...
25
 111
 2,093

Mom 'n Pop shop

Sarah walked beside her mother, blushing slightly. They were at a store, looking for clothes for Sarah to alter to her new form. She couldn't just go around naked, like the ponies from the show, because she was rather anatomically correct, to put it politely. She had been able to cobble together something for school that day, but to be honest, it wasn't very flattering. Being a pony in the human world was awkward enough, but being a pony in obviously ill-fitting clothes was much more embarrassing. She looked up at her mom, who was walking ten feet in front of her to pretend she wasn't with her. Sarah's ears drooped, and a sinking feeling came to her tummy. Her own mother was embarrassed to be seen with her in public, when everyone was staring at the intruding equine. She wished this had never happened, that she could go back to being human, go back to not having harsh, unforgiving eyes staring into her like knives, back to a chance at having Alex as her boyfriend, back to goofing around with Chuck...

Back to being normal.

Sarah was so wrapped up in her thoughts, she bumped into her mom, who had stopped in front of a shelf. She gasped, startled, but caught her mom with her magic before she fell. Ms. Mellins looked over at her daughter, who was looking away in shame.

"Sorry, mom. I wasn't paying attention, and didn't realize you were so close." Sarah said, looking very embarrassed. Ms. Mellins suddenly realized that she had been so obviously trying to avoid being associated with Sarah in the store, Sarah hadn't expected her to be near. She hadn't expected her own mother to be close to her, especially after something so strange and confusing had happened to her. Ms. Mellins hugged her daughter gently, much to Sarah's surprise.

"It's ok, sweetie. It was an accident. And your new magic sure came in handy too!" She said, trying to cheer Sarah up. She looked down at her bewildered daughter and smiled. "Let's finish up getting your new clothes, ok?" Ms. Mellins said.

"Ok, mom." Sarah replied, feeling a lot better.