• Published 4th May 2015
  • 358 Views, 0 Comments

Dress Up - Scarlett Ires



A wannabe fashion designer is trying to become known. But can she manage negative reviews from her role model?

  • ...
 0
 358

In Which Stella Vera makes friends with Fleur de Lis

Fall had come again to Equestria. Fall meant many things: Family Appreciation Day, the Running of the Leaves, and Nightmare Night, among other things. For aspiring fashion designer Stella Vera, it was an opportunity to show her designs to renowned critics and designers such as Hoity Toity, Trenderhoof, Sapphire Shores, and Rarity.

If any of them took interest in her designs, she'd be having one on one meetings with Photo Finish in no time as they discussed which designs would be in the fall catalogue. She'd be famous if that happened! She could move from the Crystal Empire to upscale Canterlot like she'd always dreamed of.

Currently, Stella stood at the Crystal Empire train station. It wasn't very common for crystal ponies to leave the Empire, but she knew that Hoity Toity was visiting Rarity in Ponyville so going to Ponyville was a good idea. She'd ask Hoity where Trender and Sapphire were so she could see them next.

The anxious mare looked at the pile of bags stuffed with dresses behind her, biting her lip in anticipation. Would they like her designs? Had she used enough sparkles? Had she used too much sparkles? Maybe she should've consulted Coco Pommel in Manehatten. She had always been helpful to Stella. It was no time to change her mind however. She'd already purchased a train ticket to Ponyville.

She waited at the station for about ten more minutes before the colorful train puffed up to the station, causing another freak out for Stella. Had she packed too many dresses? It would take ages to get everything on the train. Oh no... What would the conductor think of her? Would he be mad for her taking too long? Had she exceeded the baggage limit?

Fortunately for the overly anxious mare, she got all her luggage onto the train with no problems. She'd forgotten that she could use her magic to put things on the train. Everything was loaded onto the train within seconds. She got her ticket punched and took a seat. No major issues so far. Across the isle from her were a stallion and mare, and fancy ones at that.

Stella loved fancy.

Stella wasn't a shy pony either, as she immediately greeted them.

"Hello there," she said in a calm and nice tone. "My name is Stella Vera. Are the two of you from Canterlot?" the stallion payed her no mind but the mare returned her kindness.

"My name is Fleur de Lis," she stated. "And yes we're from Canterlot."

"An honor to meet you, Fleur." Stella said. "Who's the stallion?"

"That's Fancy Pants. He doesn't typically act friendly around ponies he doesn't know."

"I used to be like that." Stella said, giggling a little. "So what do you do up in Canterlot?"

"Nothing much," Fleur responded. "I'm just a model."

"She's a supermodel." Fancy Pants suddenly chimed in.

"A supermodel?" Stella said in surprise. "Wow! That's incredible! Do you model dresses?"

"What else would I model?" Fleur retorted, and Stella whispered something under her breath.

"Well, I'm a dress designer. I'd love to have your opinions on my designs!"

"I'd love to see your dresses." she responded, genuinely interested.

Excited, Stella rushed to her bags in such a haste that she tripped over her own hooves. Stupid, stupid! She quickly picked herself up, reaching the closet bag. It was white with red love hearts all over it. When had she bought that? When she was 5? She unzipped the bag hastily, pulling out a bedazzled white dress that only went over one shoulder. It was accompanied by a white bow to put in one's mane. Would Fleur like this? Only one way to find out.

She turned to face the waiting mare, holding up the dress.

"Does this look good?" she inquired, which earned her a gasp from Fleur.

"Darling, that's incredible!"

"Is it? Really?" Stella asked, most of her face turning red.

"Of course it is! Give it here and I'll try it on." Fleur responded, and Stella gave her the dress without hesitation. The supermodel mare went into the bathroom to change into it, leaving the designer of the dress sitting nervously by Fancy Pants. The fancy stallion didn't so much as look ay the nervous mare.

This is so exciting!

After a matter of minutes, the now dressed mare trotted out and Fancy Pants looked up and at her.

"Oh yes!" he said enthusiastically. "You look flawless, my dear!"

Stella's face filled with joy. Surely this fancy pony knew all about fashion! If he liked her designs, everypony would! Right?

Fleur spun around in a circle, showing off both the dress and herself. Stella had to admit that she looked stunning. She was an absolutely beautiful pony, the kind of beauty Stella had hoped for since she was a filly.

"I love it!" Fleur stated excitedly. "It's so beautiful!" Stella's face flushed again.

"You're just saying that..."

"Oh darling, please. I'd never tell a lie." she stopped to think for a few minutes. "Can I buy this dress from you?"

"You'd buy it?"

"500 bits." Fleur said promptly. Stella whistled. That was enough for a ticket from Ponyville to Manehatten and then Canterlot.

"Sold to the beautiful mare for 500 bits!" she exclaimed, imitating an auctioneer. Fleur opened her saddlebag and pulled out five 100 bit coins, handing them to Stella. She then scrawled a number onto a piece of paper, pressing it to Stella's chest.

"Call me when you can." she said. And with that, Fleur sat back down as the train reached Ponyville.

Stella's stop.