• Published 4th May 2015
  • 21,746 Views, 923 Comments

Do...You? - Dr Atlas



It's not every day a pony asks for sex in the middle of battle, especially one this cute.

  • ...
81
 923
 21,746

Show...time

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait.
And if this chapter ain't that high quality.
There's been a lot goin' on for me in the real world...

“I-I don’t know about this, Pinkie…”

Pinkie clapped her hooves as Doomie sat behind the turntable with a mic at hoof. “Come on, Doomie, you can do it!”

Doomie tightened his grip on the mic with his disguised hooves, still feeling embarrassed by all of this. “C-Can we at least do this in private?”

Pinkie giggled. “We can’t take the mic and the table top, silly.”

Doomie started looking around the area. Most of the ponies who had come were already gone, the only ones left were the elements, a couple random ponies, and some guards standing on the sides, it only made Doomie even more nervous. “A-Are you sure we can’t take it?”

“If we took it, then I’m pretty sure the owner would be pretty upset.”

“This isn’t your turntable?” Doomie was a bit surprised, he thought for sure everything in this party was hers, seeing as how she was throwing it.

Pinkie tilted her head. “What makes you think it’s mine?”

“I-I dunno...W-Weren’t you using it earlier with that white pony?”

“It’s hers, Doomie.”

Doomie flopped his ears. “Oh...”

Pinkie poked him in the chest across the table. “Now, come on...do it.”

Doomie looked away. “Y-You don’t even know what I’m gonna do...o-or if I’ll even do it.”

Pinkie was starting to get impatient with all of this. “Doomie, will you just-”

“Who’s the blue pony?”

Doomie yelped and Pinkie turned around to see Twilight. “Hi Twilight, what brings you over here?”

Twilight hiccuped. “I’m over here wondering what’s up with the pony...whyz he holding my mic.” Twilight leaned on Pinkie while trying her hardest to hold her drink with her magic.

“Um...Twilight, are you okay?” Pinkie asked. “You seem...kinda weird.”

“I’m not weird!” Twilight yelled, almost spilling her drink in the process. “You’re the...weird one with the weird...weirdo.”

Doomie laughed. “Seems like she’s just as lightweight as us.”

Twilight glared at him. “What’s that supposed ta mean?”

Doomie crossed his arms. “What it means is that changelings like us can’t handle-”

Twilight gasped. “Y-You’re a changeling!?”

Pinkie wrapped an arm around her. “Of course he is, he’s Doomie, remember?”

Twilight raised an eye. “Uhh…”

“Come on, Twilight, you remember, he’s the one who loves me.”

“Uhh…”

“The one who I love.”

“Uhh…”

“The one who I…” Pinkie blushed. “made out with.” Doomie blushed soon afterwards.

Twilight continued staring, her eyes starting to drift to the sky. “Uhh…”

Pinkie’s eyelids went halfway down. “Twilight...are you drunk?”

“W-what?” Twilight coughed. “I-I’m not drunk, I swear I’m not! I’ve never drunk from puking either…”

Pinkie stepped back. “Uhm...Isn’t that the other way around?”

“Maybe.” Twilight turned to Doomie and noticed the mic. “He-Hey, lookie there! My mic!” She rested her arm on the tabletop. “Are ya gonna sing for us or somethin’?”

“W-What? I-I’m not gonna sing a-”

Without warning, Twilight grabbed the mic out of his hooves and yelled. “Hey, everypony! This guy right here is gonna sing for us!”

Most of the ponies started turning their heads to the DJ table, making Doomie yelp and lower his head. “What?” A rainbow hair mare yelled, her body almost falling on the floor.

Twilight was about to yell again, but Pinkie quickly snatched the mic and said. “What she’s saying is that this pony right here is gonna play a song for us.”

Doomie started panicking. “P-Pinkie, I-I-I’m not-”

“What’s his name?” One pony in the crowd asked.

“And why should we care?” Another yelled.

Pinkie started thinking. “His name is...uh...Do...Do...Do...Da De...Jay! Yeah! DoDa DJ is gonna play us some awesome music!”

Doomie sunk even lower behind the table. “B-But it’s not-”

“With a name like that!” Twilight yelled. “You know it’s gotta be so cool!” She walked into the crowd and clapped her hooves. “Let’s see what ya got, DDDJ!”

Doomie could only watch in horror as more ponies started to crowd around him. Doomie turned to Pinkie. “L-Look, Pinkie, this...talent...t-that I have isn’t really the best. M-My brothers never made me live it down when I tried this.”

“But I’m not like your siblings.” Pinkie leaned in and whispered. “and I’m sure the other ponies will like it. I promise.” She then handed him the mic.

Doomie tried to smile, but with dozens of eyes on him, it only made him shake. “T-They’re all looking at me…”

Pinkie started making her way to the crowd. “Where else are they supposed to look, silly? You’re playing a song, right?”

“W-What?” Doomie shook his head. “I-I’m not...well. I’m kinda-”

Twilight raised her arms in the air and yelled. “Come on, Doo DJ! Play somethin’!”

The other ponies started yelling as well. “Yeah!” Dash said before puking in a bush. “Bleh...play that record, spin that song!”

Doomie darted his eyes around the area, making them flash orange for a second before turning back to pony eyes. “B-But it’s not-”

A white pony with blue hair cupped her hooves around her mouth and yelled, “Just play it, you wimp!”

Doomie froze, his eyes quickly flashing orange before returning to his disguised ones. “W-what did you call me…”

The DJ mare chuckled. “I said, just play it…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“...YA WIMP!”

Doomie yelped and fell to the cold, hard, cave floor. He got back up and continued hiding something behind his back. “B-But I-”

“No ‘buts’!” Doomie continued shaking as his two older brothers continued staring down at him. “Just get out of here!”

“I-I just wanna-”

“Ya just wanna what?” The other one yelled. “Waste our time? Sorry, kid, but me and Shift here gotta show to run, and we’d rather not have some little bug trying to get in the spotlight.”

Shift nodded. “Yeah, that’s Stan’s job.”

Doomie gulped, starting to regret ever trying to do this. “I-I just wanted to do something cool.”

“Psh...cool?” Shift said. “That’s our job, little guy. Ya see, Lift here knows how to make the beat while I know the vocals.” He patted Doomie’s head. “Now, I know changelings, like you, wanna be like the cool guyz just because you finally got outta hatchling-hood, but right now, you need to sit down and learn you’re still at the bottom of the important list.”

Lift chuckled and glared at Doomie. “Yeah, you little twerps need to know that me and Shift are the only partiers around here.” He loomed over Doomie and smirked. “And last I heard, you ain’t that good in your classes, so how could you be good at anything else?”

Doomie stomped the ground. “So what if I’m not good at learning! I-I have something that can make up for it.”

Both DJ’s rolled their eyes. “And what would that be?” Shift asked.

Doomie looked away, thinking that he should just walk out and forget trying to make himself look cool, but that thought went away the second he realized this would probably be the only thing he could be good at. So, with a determined face, Doome pulled a microphone from behind his back and held his in the air. “This.”

Both DJ’s raised an eye before smiling. “Well well well.” Lift said. “Looks like we got ourselves a singer.”

Doomie looked away. “W-Well, i-it’s not really singing...i-it’s more like...uh…”

“Like what?” Shift asked. “Just you yellin’ in a mic?”

Doomie glared at them. “No! It’s something way cooler than that!” Doomie looked down at the mic. “I can dance! a-and my brothers tell me I’m pretty good.” He put his hooves together and frowned. “The other guys said you can let me use your electronic stuff after the show, can you let me...please?”

Shift and Lift looked at each other for a few seconds before looking back at Doomie. They then went into a huddle. “You believe this?” Shift whispered.

Lift shook his head. “I’m startin’ to think the other ones put a prank on this wimp. I wouldn’t be surprised. It ain’t the first time.” Lift chuckled. “Kinda reminds me about the time Twig thought that electric wire tasted like frosting.”

Shift nodded. “Heh...poor little sucker...hey, how about we let the dude get some spotlight.”

“You serious?” Lift looked back at Doomie, who only waved back. “the kid said he wanted to after the show, why are we lettin’ the little twerp be the show? That’s our job!”

“There ain’t even that many bugs out there, Lift.” Shift said. “I doubt it’ll be that bad, besides, if the kid screws up, we’ll just play music over him.”

“You want the kid to look like an idiot?”

Shift shrugged. “It’s not like he’s gonna remember any of this, just give him a chance, if he fails, he fails and if he wins, he wins. Simple as that.”

Lift looked at Doomie again, his eyes full of hope. Lift sighed. “Alright then.” He said. “If you think it’s so cool…” They both backed away from each other and pointed to a curtain leading to a stage. “Then there’s the place to prove it.”

Doomie looked straight at the black curtain. “R-Right now? B-But I wanted to do it after, not during the-”

Shift chuckled. “You ain’t scared, are ya?”

“Yeah.” Lift went nose to nose with Doomie. “Are ya scared? Ya little wimp?” Shift leaned back and laughed, making his brother, Shift, do the same.

Doomie clenched the mic even tighter and started gritting his teeth. “I’m not a wimp!” He yelled before making his way to the curtain.

Both DJ’s stopped laughing and smiled as Doomie opened the black fabric “Good luck~” Shift yelled, he then nudged Lift and said, “Three meals says he cries two minutes in.”

Lift nudged him back and started making his way in. “I say he won’t even last one.”

Doomie ignored them and made his way through the entrance. It wasn’t long before he saw he was in the DJ’s booth, filled with stolen electronics and a tabletop. Doomie peaked his head above the table to see a crowd of changelings surrounding it. “O-Oh...my…” Doomie started backing up, only to bump into Shift and Lift.

They both looked down at him. “What’z a matter?” Shift said. “I thought you wanted to be cool.”

Doomie gulped. “W-Well, I-”

Lift grabbed the mic out of his hooves and held up a cord. “Then come on, ya little runt.” he connected the cord to the mic. “Show us what ya got.” He extended it to Doomie, waiting for him to take it.

Doomie gulped and peered out of the booth again, seeing only the glowing blue eyes of his many siblings. He looked back at the DJ’s. “D-Do you think I can do it?”

Lift was about to make another rude remark, but Shift snatched the mic out of his hooves and laid down so he was at eye level with Doomie. Lift just rolled his eyes at the scene and messed with the equipment. “Listen, kid,” Shift said. “if you think you can do it, then that’s enough.” He placed the mic in Doomie’s hooves. “Now, can we get a move on.”

“I-I dunno if I can anymore. C-Can’t I just do this in private...y-ya know, when no ones else is arou-”

“Will you just play it already!” Shift finally shoved Doomie out into the open, making him stumble on the stage and lay on the ground.

“O-Oh no…” Doomie got up and continued to quiver in fear, seeing that every eye was staring right at him, he looked at the mic and gulped, knowing that there was no way out of this. The DJ’s were becoming more impatient with every second. It wasn’t until Lift lost it and yelled out something that Doomie would never forget.

“Just play it…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“...YA WIMP!”

Doomie finally snapped back into reality and looked ahead, seeing that every eye was looking at him. He rubbed his head and said, “Uh...y-yeah...just...uh...give me a sec.” He ducked under the table and started breathing in and out. “Okay...come on, Doomie.” He told himself. “Y-You can do this...j-just do what you did on stage...y-yeah...t-they probably won’t even laugh that much...yeah…” Doomie stood back up and tapped the mic, making sure it was on.

“A-Alrighty then.” Doomie stuttered in the microphone. “H-Here goes…” He closed his eyes and tried to remember how it went.

“Any day now!” A Dash yelled, now leaning on Twilight.

“Yeah!” Twilight said. “Less talking and more singing!”

“Just give him a chance!” Pinkie said. “He knows how the boogie beats!”

Doomie’s ear twitched. “Boogie beats?” He whispered to himself. “Oh yeah, now I remember.” He smiled and started hearing the music in his head, the same music he heard during the performance a long time ago. He began to tap his hooves, which then led him to start leaning side to side. After that he took a stance and pressed the mic to his lips. “You know this boogie is for reaaaal~”

Doomie leapt over the table and stood on his forelegs. Sounds of confusion started coming out of the crowd. “Um...DJ?” Pinkie said, only for Doomie to continue singing. He knew it wasn’t the song, but the dance he had done all those years ago, his voice was only an added bonus.

As his singing continued, and his moves became more impressive, more and more ponies started getting impressed with every move he made. “Whoa…” One pony said. “He’s good.”

“Look at those moves!”

“That voice is something special.”

“Do you see those hips!”

Pinkie smiled and waved her hooves. “YEAH! Go DoDa!” She then started chanting his fake name; others in the crowd soon joined her.

Doomie smiled and continued dancing, he looked at Pinkie, seeing her cheering and clapping along with the others. He closed his eyes and started feeling something his brothers never gave him: happiness.

It was at that moment that Doomie started focusing more on his music than his magic, making green sparks start to form around his body, some of the audience members started taking notice, especially Pinkie. "Oh no..." She whispered.

The chanting soon died down as Doomie’s real form started taking shape. His body was turning black, his ears were now stems, his legs were now full of holes, and as he opened his eyes, they were filled with blue. Pinkie started cringing as his cover finally blew.

The cheering finally stopped, but Doomie continued dancing, completely oblivious to what was happening. Pinkie crouched down and slowly made her way to him. "Uh...D-Doomie..."

As the song finally died down, Doomie threw the mic on the ground and flung his arms in the air. “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! YEAH! I can’t believe I actually did it! That was so awesome! I did it way better than before! What’d you think, Pinkie?...Pinkie?” Doomie turned to Pinkie, who had the same expression everyone else was having in the crowd; a dropped jaw and wide eyes. Doomie continued looking around, confused. “What?”

Pinkie stepped forward. “Uh...D-Doomie…”

Doomie chuckled. “You mean, DoDa DJ. Right?” He smiled and looked over the crowd, still seeing ever jaw was still hung open. “What?...Oooh, I get it, you’re all just in awe, I see.” He scratched his head. “I can tell yo...you’re...you’re all…” Doomie scratched his head again, feeling nothing but smooth skin. “That’s weird...I don’t remember going with double W’s look…” Doomie then looked at his arms, seeing right through them. "W-what the..."

His jaw dropped as he looked over the crowd through the holes. He slowly lowered his arm to see dozens of faces staring right at him in shock. Doomie looked back with the same expression, only thinking of one one thing to say in response to this.

"Um...I-It's not what...oh, who am I kidding...it is...”