• Published 17th May 2015
  • 678 Views, 23 Comments

You Know My Name - MistressMadness



Did you really think Tirek was the only one who escaped Tartarus that day

  • ...
3
 23
 678

Chapter 3

Spike sat across the table from Twilight, his mouth filled with freshly made pancakes, there yummy scent filling the dining room. He chewed his food slowly, enjoying the meal’s texture and taste as he swallowed bite by bite.

Twilight hadn't touched her breakfast, she was too shaken up about what had taken place just moments ago. She tried to explain it to the little purple dragon.

“Then it reached out of the mirror and told me to take its hoof a-and then...” Twilight stuttered as she tried to explain it.

“Wait, so your reflection tried to grab you?” Spike asked, spewing bits of pancake onto the table as he spoke.

Twilight nodded as she laid her head down against the table top, still trying to wrap her head around all this.

“But somepony reached out and dragged it back in.”

Spike stared at the Alicorn as he took another bite of his breakfast. His eyebrow slightly raised as he tried to form a good explanation for her.

“Maybe you were still dreaming… Only you were awake… I mean that nightmare you had did have you was pretty shaky this morning.” The dragon said as he scooped up his last bite of pancake, his eyes drifting over to Twilight's plate since she hadn't even touched hers.

“Are you, um… Gonna eat that?” He asked pointing his claw at the food, “You don't want it getting cold.” He said smiling sheepishly.

Twilight rolled her eyes and pushed the plate over to the baby dragon, she didn't feel like eating right now.

Spike looked at the plate before looking back to her.

“Are you sure you aren't hungry?” He asked.

“Help yourself.” She said as she rubbed her eyes.

There was loud tap on the front door of the castle that echoed down the hall. Twilight’s ears stood up at the sound as she heard somepony walk in.

“Hey egghead you awake‽” Rainbow Dash called out as she stepped in

“In here, Dash!” Twilight called back as she continued to rub her eyes.

The faint tap of hooves could be heard as Rainbow Dash made her way Into the dining room. She let out a slight laugh when she caught glimpse of Twilight's now tired eyes and slightly messy mane.

“Wow Twilight, what happened to you?” Rainbow Dash asked as she took a seat at the table, sliding the plate of pancakes Twilight had given Spike in front of her and taking a large bite.

“Hey!” Spike complained as he tried to steal them back.

“I'm sure you've already eaten plenty.” Dash said as she held the dragon back with one hoof. “But really, did you not sleep well or something?” Dash asked as she looked back to Twilight.

“Rough night and rough morning.” Twilight replied as she removed her hooves from her face. She didn't want to tell Dash about the events from this morning. She knew Rainbow would only laugh and say something along the lines of ‘it's because you stay up too late with your snout buried in those books.’

“So what brings you here so early?” Twilight asked, “You're usually asleep until past noon.” Rainbow Dash took the last bite of the pancake she had been chowing down on, causing Spike to whimper as he saw the tasty meal slide down her gullet, his dreams of eating that pancake now crushed.

“We're having our little race today so you can practice those flying skills of yours, remember?” Rainbow Dash explained as she licked a bit of syrup from her lips.
“I figured I would wake up early so we can get more practice in.”


“Dash I don't think I'm up for much flying toda-” Dash cut off Twilight before she could finish.

“No no no, you said we could go flying today. You're not backing out on me this time!” Dash stood up from the table and grabbed the back of Twilight's neck with her teeth, dragging her towards the door.

“Besides, it looks like some fresh air and exercise will do you some good.” Dash said, her voice slightly muffled.

Twilight tried to fight back but the Pegasus easily overpowered her and dragged her out the door.

“I'll be back soon Spike!” Twilight managed to call out before Dash shut the door.

“Now come on I got a lot of techniques to teach ya.” Dash said excited as she shot off into the sky.

Twilight opened her wings, stretching them a bit before chasing after the rainbow pony. She took a quick glance over her shoulder at her new home and begun to feel better as she flew further and further away from it.

“Hey Dash, wait up!” She yelled as she forced her wings to push her forward faster.

Spike sat at the dining room table alone, tapping his claw against the plate that once held a tasty pancake before Rainbow Dash had stolen and scarfed it down.

“Knowing Dash she's not gonna let Twilight come home until about dusk.” The baby dragon scoop the plates off the table and made his way to the large kitchen placing them in the sink and proceeding to wash them.

Afterwards he ran around the castle taking care of his daily chores, making sure everything was nice and clean.

It was a little past noon and Spike was sweeping the second floor. He felt like he owed Twilight for the way he had talked to her this morning, she really did seem pretty distressed.
So he decided he would make sure the place was spotless when she got home and then he would talk to her more about this morning over dinner. He exhaled a small flame as he passed by some scented candles he had placed out, the sweet smell of Cinnamon beginning to fill the air.

“I wonder what I should make for her?” Spike wondered as he tapped his chin with his claws running over the recipes he knew.

“Spike” A voice called from down stairs, almost causing Spike to jump out of his scales.

“W-Who's there?” He called as he began to make his way downstairs.

“Spike could you come here please!”

The voice sounded like it was coming from the kitchen. Spike recognized it as Twilight’s.

“Oh Twilight, I wasn't expecting you to be home so soon, how did your training with Rainbow Dash go?”

There was no reply as Spike entered the dining room.

“And hey ,about this morning, I know I was being kind of a jerk. I know you weren't feeling well and I put my appetite over your feelings so I just want to say I'm sorry.”

Spike stepped into the kitchen, but no one was there, no Twilight, and no response. The room was completely empty except one thing was off, the door to the pantry was wide open. He didn't recall leaving them open after he had made his lunch.

“Twilight you in here?” He began to step toward the pantry, “Twilight?” Spike looked around the room. Maybe he had just not seen her, but it was still empty and the castle remained silent. “Hmmm...” Spike began to close the pantry door but as soon as it was about to shut.

Such a good dragon~

Twilight's voice suddenly called from the pantry as a long sharp talon jutted out and quickly swung down cutting the small dragon’s hand from his body. Spike fell to the floor clutching what little bit of his right arm he had left.

“AHHH!” He screamed in pain as he started to crawl away, the pantry door slowly pushing itself open.

Such a good… Tasty dragon…

The voice speaking now, Spike knew, was not Twilight’s. It was high pitched yet low at the same time, it was distorted and made his scales crawl. He laid there, clutching his severed arm, his blood beginning to pool as he stared into the darkness of the pantry and saw nothing, yet he could still hear it. The distorted sound it made as it drew in each breath, he could feel it's eyes on him even if he couldn't see them.

“T-Twilight, s-somepony…” Spike opened his mouth to scream, “Help Me!” A dark force quickly sprang out of the pantry and as quick as it emerged it seeped back in, dragging the screaming dragon with it. The doors slammed shut tight, but Spike’s screams could still be heard along with a distorted somewhat silent growl.

There was a loud wet snap and a crunch and the screams were silenced.

The doors slowly opened and a large, sharp talon reached out, stabbing its tip into Spike’s discarded arm, bringing it into its darkness and slowly shutting the pantry door.


The sun was beginning to set on the horizon as Twilight and rainbow dash landed outside the castle both of them dripping with sweat from today's flying practice.

“Not bad flying today Twilight for an egghead” Rainbow Dash joked as they stepped inside.

“Spike I'm home” Twilight called out as she stepped inside rolling her eyes at Dashes comment.

The house was dark and silent, the smell of Cinnamon hung in the air along with something else Twilight couldn't seem to put her hoof on.

“Where is the little guy?” Rainbow Dash asked as she began to head towards the kitchen to fetch a drink.

“He probably got into the ice cream while we were out and is passed out in the kitchen.” Twilight laughed as she began to head up stairs to take a quick shower. She had all forgotten all about the events that had took place this morning, even her nightmare. Who knew all it took was a day with Dash to make her forget?

As Twilight neared the top of the stares, she spot scented candles resting on a table, there wicks had burned low and were now sitting in a jar of melted wax.

“Oh Spike.” Twilight chuckled as she blew them out. Suddenly a loud scream shot through the castle causing Twilight's heart to almost burst from her chest.

The scream stopped for a split second before it echoed off the castle walls once more.

“Twilight!!” Dash screamed in pure horror

Twilight quickly flew down the steps landing with a soft thud sliding across the castle's smooth floor as she ran toward the kitchen

“Dash, what happened what's wrong!” Twilight called out as she ran full speed into the kitchen only causing her to slide into the counter as she tried to stop, the impact sending waves of pain pulsing through her side.

“Why in the name of the maker are you screaming….for.”

Twilight's eyes opened wide in shock when she saw what Rainbow Dash had come across. The Pegasus was laying in a pool of dragon blood in front of the pantry, its doors wide open, the kitchen's light Illuminating the food closet.

What Twilight saw inside made her feel like her heart had just shattered into millions upon millions of pieces. She felt bile climbing up her throat, and a horrible pain washing over her as tears began to run down her cheeks.

“S-spike…”

Comments ( 2 )

Spike with a severed hand? I'm loving where this is going hehe

oh man... this is great! but is spike eaten or mangled?

Login or register to comment