• Published 4th May 2015
  • 3,368 Views, 43 Comments

The Great Fandom Man! - Jake Witt



Dragon Tales had magic, dragons, and rainbow rocks before it was cool. Time for Fandom Man to show these ponies whose boss!

  • ...
52
 43
 3,368

PreviousChapters Next
Dungeons and Dubstep

"Quake Punch!" the ground shook beneath everyone's feet as I punched the ground. While the Red Snipers prepared their guns, I let Tiny leave me to hack their computers, leaving my casual wear to defend me. Luckily, Box created a shield in front of me as my armor formed over my body.

After a few test punches, I activated my animal powers within my armor to grab a couple Snipers through a wall and take their guns before transforming into DJ Echo Echo and split in two to use both guns. We tossed the guns away, making more of ourselves as all the Echos stood in the sound canon formation, sending a wave of screeching that broke all the glass in the hallway.

Suddenly, one Echo was shot from behind with a dart, causing the others to watch in fear as his body convulsed into the style of a Sniper. His techno monotone even sounded Australian as he shouted, "Oi mates, resistance is futile!"

"He's not a part of us," one Echo said.

"Kill him!"

"Would that count as suicide?"

Sniper DJ Echo frowned, "Aw, screw you wankers!" As he brought up his gun, one Echo's life flashed before his eyes...


(Many Years Ago...)

“Hey Cortana, can sound be used as a weapon?” I asked one morning in a random forest, eating the last of the beef jerky in my backpack, which was burnt and full of patches from constant repair.

My Omnitrix flashed as Cortana droned, “Affirmative.”

“How does it work?”

“Running trial… Trial failed. Searching for substitute.”

“I’m guessing its vibrations and frequency?” As soon as I said that, a white ipod fell into my hands.

"Hey wassup dude or dudette! This is Vinyl Scratch and if ya need some cool tunes or just wanna hang out and party then you found your gal! I ain’t too great at fighting so unless you just want a wicked bass cannon or something I wouldn't call me up for that. Later dudes!" I jumped as I heard the voice. I looked back at the ipod, letting it bounce it my head as the message started every time it landed.

After letting it finish, I unplugged the ear buds and gave it a shake. “Hello? A.I. in there?”

“Negative.” Cortana stated.

I got up, “Maybe it only activates in a dramatic manner?” I cleared my throat, “Vynal Scratch, activate! ...I want to learn about a ‘bass canon’?”

A few moments after I said that a blue portal appeared in front of me, and it seemed to thump to some sort of beat. A two toned blue haired girl wearing a backpack shot out of it and landed hard on her butt.

“Gah! That hurt!” She grumbled as she slowly stood up and rubbed the sore spot on her butt. She looked around in interest before the eyes behind those purple shades settled on me, “So… are you the guy that called me?”

Oscar tilted his head, “Yeah. So you’re an actual person?” He held up his hand, “Sorry, my name Oscar Conners the Great Fandom Man!”

She tilted her head in confusion, “Fandom Man? Sounds like a weird superhero name. And yeah, I’m an actual person.”

As I offered my hand to help her up, a yellow light slid down her before disappearing. “What the-”

I was cut off by a small speaker system coming out of my shoulder guard, as Cortana’s voice came out… with actual emotion. “Aww yeah! Speakers integrated, wub resonance downloaded, Cortana.EXE upgraded, and DJ PON3 DNA acquired! I feel amazing!"

Vinyl looked flabbergasted, “Wha- What the heck is up with that voice? It sounds like something I’d say... And what was with the light?”

I shrugged, “I honestly don’t know.”

“DNA scanner configured for multi-function scanning. Hey, Oscar, I just had the greatest idea!” she exclaimed in giddy excitement.

“Why do I have the sudden feeling of distrust?” I said while giving a slow nod. “What is it?”

My body glowed green as I transformed into a creature known as Echo Echo, a tiny white silicon alien with a green mouth and lined eyes. I shrunk, standing half the height of Vinyl. An aesthetic of this form was ears that resembled headphones, especially with the wires going back to a pack that resembled an MP3 player… though, this time things were different.

She crouched down a bit, smiled and said, “Well this is really weird, but you look kinda rad now. And… is that my hair?” She looked quizzically at me with one eyebrow raised.

Instead of cassette taped-looking things forming on my legs, small CDs formed. Two tone blue hair sprouted from my scalp and seemed to pulse with power as blue shades materialized and my “ears” became more rounded with a blue bar connecting above my head and every green part of me glowing a pulsing blue. The MP3 on my back transformed into a small speaker as the “wires” receded to the sides of my head before (didn’t know at the time) they flattened and became a music note design.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1coY0esrvLkXGNjLb7TLzLt4p93PpVoPBIEI1vK5vDDM/edit?usp=sharing

She stayed silent for a bit as she examined my new transformation. After a minute of staring she gave a small squeal and picked me up before squeezing me against her chest with a bone crushing force one wouldn’t expect she would have in that small frame. “Aww! You look like an alien version of me! Now you’re totally rad and cute now!”

“Wub levels stable. Combination is recorded and… How do you feel?”

In a tiny shrill monotone voice, I replied, “Well, glad I don’t need air now.” I struggled to get out of her grip when suddenly a clone fell on his head from under me.

“Ouch,” he got up, brushing himself off before letting out a squeal and pointed. “There’s two of me!”

“Yeah, now there’s more tiny ear aches running around,” Cortana stated bluntly, her voice coming from a blue disc attached to the center of both Echo’s chests. “...Looks like the cloud is stable as well.”

“Hmm... it sounds kinda weird hearing that voice from two different places at once.” Vinyl said, still keeping me in this deathlock of a hug. “But at least there are two little alien me’s hanging around now!”

The Echo in Vinyl’s grasp whispered, “Help… me.”

Ground Echo gave a nod as he multiplied into enough DJ Echos for Vinyl to crowd surf. One Echo sat near a tree, pondering aloud, “Hold on… Can we merge back?”

“Yes #245, you can merge with other Echos.” Cortana said from every Echo’s chest, coming out louder than expected. The Echos dropped Vinyl and began panicking at the noise, a few face palming.

“We’re dead?!”

“Can we die?!”

“Will everyone shut up!”

“What if we get a headache from remembering so many memories?!”

One Echo helped Vinyl back up, shaking his head, “I’m sorry about this. I’m an idiot.”

She put a hand to her mouth and giggled, “Hehe, don’t worry about it. This is kinda funny.”

Among the screaming Echos, one tripped on a root and turned into visible wubs that entered another Echo, who got even more freaked out and caused a chain reaction of Echos bumping literally into each other until there was five DJ Echos.

The four serious Echos got into a position where two Echos stood next to each other behind two Echos that were spaced out. Timing their attack right, they screamed combined sound waves at the Echo, sounding a little bit like Sonic the Hedgehog's original theme.

When the Echo collapsed, one of the remaining Echos pulled him into his body. “Wow, that actually sounded cool.”
“Meh. Doesn’t sound bad, but how did we do that?” Another asked.

Vinyl shrugged and said, “Maybe you got some wub magic in you somehow and you managed to tap into it?”

The Echos looked between themselves two of them smacking their forehead, one saying, “Why didn’t we think of that?” The third Echo smacked another Echo, “Because we’re not the expert!”

Within an hour, Vinyl helped me control myself and my wubs… heck, I even helped her with some of her experiments. Some Echos had to be test subjects, but when you’re willing to be part guinea pig then fair is fair, but I can’t help but feel sorry for myself. Besides it could be worse. Instead of Vinyl Scratch it could be Twilight Sparkle and instead of Echo it could be Ditto- On second thought, Ditto isn’t made of sound.

Before long Vinyl had to leave.

Back in my normal form, I shook her hand, “It was great meeting you.”

She smiled and said, “Likewise. This was fun.”


The Echo smiled at the memory before one of his brothers punched his back, causing him to fire a counter wub at the Sniper DJ Echo.

"Focus," he chided. They spread out and with the Sniper Echo on their side he was able to use his new sniper rifle, taking tangos down before screaming at the air vents, and beat a far Sniper with his gun.

A grenade was tossed, killing a few Echos as Sniper Echo shouted, "Watch it, wanker! You could've shot my bloody head off!"

The Sniper with a grenade launcher lifted his head, "Blimey! Sorry, ma-"

*BLAM*

"I'm the king of Australia!" Sniper Echo shouted before pausing, and holstering his pistol, "Well, the closest thing to the great outback."

Author's Note:

Flash back crossover with Wub Me or Hate Me by Vesperia!

I actually had this planned out, but didn't know when to execute the flash back or ask Vesperia for permission to borrow her character for a brief crossover.

PreviousChapters Next