• Published 24th May 2012
  • 1,578 Views, 7 Comments

A Fighting Chance - Stunt Monkey



OC Pony fights in a Boxing tournement to win money and falls in love with Applejack.

  • ...
5
 7
 1,578

Chapter Three [Revised]

The next morning Boxing Glove woke up to the faint glow of Celestia's sun shining on his face through the long flowing curtains, he sat up and looked around the room. His brother, Stryker Malt-House was still snoozing away. Boxing stretched his hooves and climbed off his oversized bed.

'Boy, I need to get one of these mattresses at home, I haven't slept that well in a long time.' Boxing's bed back home in Ponyville was made of mostly springs, this one was so much better, almost like sleeping on nothing but soft fur.

Boxing quietly left his sleeping brother alone in the bedroom as he made his way into the living area of their hotel apartment. He walked over to a window and looked down onto the street below. Even this early in the morning the big city of Manehatten was alive and ponies were everywhere down below, rushing around getting started for the day.

"Amazing." he said to himself.

Boxing looked at the wall opposite and saw a clock. 'Quarter past seven? May as well make use of the free facilities downstairs then.' He walked over to the couch and lifted his bright red boxing gloves out of his saddlebags that had been thrown there last night, he hung the boxing gloves around his neck and headed for the door. At the very same moment he tried to open the door, somepony knocked on the door softly. Boxing opened the door all the way and saw Rarity, standing out in the hallway, looking flustered.

"Rarity? Good morning, what can I do for you this morning" Boxing asked politely.

"Good morning to you also Boxing, I was just wanting to know if Stryker was in?" she replied.

"Wow, You've taken a real shine to him. He's still in bed asleep right now."

"Would it be ok if I wait inside for him?" Rarity said, Boxing instantly knew she was up to something.

"Yeah, that's fine." he grinned "By the way, I was thinking the four of us could get together for breakfast this morning? They got a free setup down stairs, buffet style I think. Is ten ok?" Boxing asked.

"Yes please, absolutely!" she answered. "Although, Applejack left a note saying she went to the swimming area this morning, could you be a dear and let her know about breakfast?"

"I will." he crammed his room's swipe card into one of his boxing gloves. "Alright, you two have fun." Boxing gave an exaggerated wink and Rarity's face went bright red, as the door closed behind Boxing.

Rarity scanned the area looking for the bedroom, after finding it she entered and approached Stryker's bed. "Stryker, darling. Are you awake?" her voice had echoed softly as she sat on his bed and stroked his mane with her hoof.

"Rarity?" Stryker sat up and yawned. "What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"Oh, Stryker. I just can't stop thinking about you, it's almost hypnotic. The urge- it's- I have to tell you some-mmf." her words were silenced by a kiss, Rarity was lost in the blissful moment.

After a moment Stryker pulled back and placed a hoof on her shoulder, the other caressed some of her indigo mane. It was soft and silky in his hoof. "I think it's time we gave into our desires." he whispered and then lurched forward, pressing their lips together, forcing his tongue into Rarity's mouth.

"Mmmm!" she moaned and pulled her lips away from his. "I've never done this with a stallion so quickly after meeting them. It feels so naughty." She lifted the covers and climbed into the bed, then snuggled up to Stryker, planting a kiss on his lips.

"We're not rushing destiny." he replied.

"Oh my Celestia, that was so corny." she giggled and kissed him again.

~⚡~

Boxing Glove opened the door to the swimming area, warm and moist air smothered his face.

'This is relaxing. This takes me back.'

He scanned the swimming lanes for Applejack and spotted her in the farthest lane from the entrance. He watched from afar, he felt a weird stalkery sensation but he tried to ignore it and blew it off as just being nervous. Applejack's head rose from the water and she caught him watching her, even at her distance, Applejack had seen him blushing red through his sandy yellow coat. She lifted herself out of the water and began walking towards Boxing.

'Oh, crap! She saw me staring. She probably thinks I'm some kind of weirdo pony. NO! Shut up! She's comi-'

"Uh- hel- Hi- Applejack." Boxing said with the most ridiculous smile on his face.

"Good morning Boxing, you sleep well?" she whipped her mane around gently as the water fell to the ground.

'Like an angel. I couldn't stop thinking of you!' he had wanted to say.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that." he faked a laugh. "Hey, I was wondering if you would like to join Stryker, Rarity and I for some breakfast at ten?"

"Heck, I'm sure I'll be powerful hungry by then." she dived into her iconic cowboy hat laying by her hoof and pulled out two red hair ties, with one quick adjustment. Her tail and mane were tied just like the day they had met.

"Great. Well, I'm gonna hop on the treadmill," he pointed behind him to a wall he didn't know was there. "would you like to join me?"

"Is that a challenge I hear?" she replied. Boxing just smiled, completely forgetting whatever she just said.

~⚡~

It felt like hours had passed to Boxing. They had both done many gym activities together, a few kilometres each on the treadmill and taking turns helping each other lift weights. He looked at a nearby clock, reading nine AM. 'Only nine? It feels like we have spent a whole day together.'

"How about some boxing?" Boxing pointed with a hoof. On the far wall Applejack saw it was lined with tall punching bags filled completely with sand. "After all, we are competing."

"Alright." Applejack reached into her saddlebags and lifted out a pair of freshly tailored boxing gloves.

Her gloves were bright green, the same colour as Granny Smith apples. Sitting back on her rump, she slid her hooves into them. Dotting the entrance was a pattern of purple and white diamonds, Boxing automatically knew that Applejack's gloves were hoof made by a professional tailor.

"I guessing Rarity made those for you?" Boxing swung himself up and balanced himself on two hooves. "She sure likes her fashion to be flashy."

"Eeyup. Don't tell her that though." Applejack tied and tightened the laces on her gloves. "She had asked me why I wanted them made and when I told her that I was planning on going to Manehatten, she insisted that she come along."

Applejack stood up on her hind legs, mimicking Boxing. "Whoa." Applejack stepped forward and flailed her forelegs to keep herself balanced, Boxing stared at her strangely as she came to a stand still. "Heh. Just been a while is all." she shook her other hoof and stepped backwards, losing her balance. She had expected to fall on her rump and embarrass herself, but something caught her.

"Watch your step Applejack." It had been Boxing that caught her in his hooves, stopping her from falling over. "You will never get to complete if you break a bone before the tournament even starts."

Applejack stared into his eyes with admiration. She could feel her heart beating, Boxing's upside down face just smiled at her. "Uh, th-thanks Boxing." Applejack stood straight again and regained her balance.

"That's ok!" Boxing's face blushed and he turned around, feeling somewhat embarrassed. 'Why am I FREAKING out over this? We're friends, I stopped her from falling. Get it together Box!' he thought to himself.

~⚡~

Sometime later both Boxing and Applejack were each standing in front of a punching bag, swinging punch's at the sack of sand. Boxing had taken every opportunity to help Applejack out when he could. 'She's doing it wrong. Her stance is off.'

"Hey Applejack," he spoke up. "can I stop you for a moment?" Boxing walked over to her, where she threw one last hard hitting punch at her punching bag.

"Is something' the' matter?" she asked.

"Your stance is off." applejack gave him a quizzical look. "Here face me, I'll show you what I mean." Applejack did as Boxing told her and faced him. "Alright, throw a punch at me."

"What?!" she could not believe what she had just heard.

"Throw a punch at me Applejack." Boxing repeated bluntly.

"Are you sure about that?" Applejack seemed worried but Boxing knew it was for the best.

"Applejack. I trust you, do you trust me?" he asked.

"I tr-" Applejack paused, she stuttered and didn't know what to say. Did she trust him? Her mind filled with confusion for a moment. They were friends after all, friends always trust each other. "Yes, yes I trust you." she said.

"Okay, hit me. Go ahead and throw a punch. I'll be fine, I used to swarm all the time." Boxing readied his hooves to block and smiled at her.

Applejack jabbed her left hoof straightforward. To her line of sight, Boxing was an easy target to hit. But Something happened before she could land the punch, Boxing quickly dodged to the right and knocked her hoof out of the way, rushing his hoof forward towards Applejack's exposed chest, Applejack saw it coming and shut her eyes expecting pain. But the pain didn't come.

Confused at what had just happened Applejack opened her eyes and gazed down, Boxing's glove was frozen right above her midriff. "See, you can trust me." he lowered his arm. "This is one of the many strikes you'll come across in the tournament. It's more powerful than a common one-two combo. Here stand like this, I noticed your technique so this will suit you better" he initiated a different fighting stance.

"Like this?" Applejack mimicked him.

"Here," Boxing removed his gloves and walked up behind her, placing both of his hooves on her waist. "I'll show you."

Boxing adjusted her forelegs and hind legs accordingly. As he brushed his face past her mane he could smell her mane.
'Mmmm, apple scented shampoo. A bit cliché.' Neither of them realised that their coats were touching, Boxing could feel her heartbeat, the soft rhythmic beating. Applejack breathed heavily and turned her head.

"Box-Mmmf" Applejack was silenced by Boxing's lips, her eyes shot wide open wide as their lips touched. She then closed her eyes and opened her mouth just a little, giving in to the pleasure as she felt Boxing do the same. His tongue lightly touched the edge of her lips, gently poking into her mouth. Boxing broke away from the kiss and pulled his forelegs away.

Applejack opened her eyes, panting lightly.

"Whoa." Applejack whispered breathlessly.

'OH LUNA'S MANE! What have I done, I-I ju- just acted on impulse. I hope she's okay with it, she hates me, she hates me, she ha- NO! Shut up! Apologize to her you dumb mule!'

"Applejack? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean t-" Boxing was in full panic mode.

"It's okay Boxing, really. I didn't mind it." Applejack placed a hoof on his lips, silencing him.

'Wait. What? For real?'

"Really? You're not freaked out at all?" Boxing asked.

"Really." She leaned in and pecked him on the lips. "In fact, I quite liked it" Boxing's face went red with embarrassment once more.

"I'm thinkin' we should get a shower." Applejack said.

'Shower?! Surely she doesn't mean that.'

"So. See you for breakfast then?" she asked.

"Oh! Shower, right. Yeah, I'll see you at breakfast." Boxing smiled goofily.

Applejack turned away and walked towards the gym's shower facilities. It was probably only Boxing's imagination, but he was pretty sure she was swaying her plot.

'I want breakfast so badly right now!'

Boxing turned back to the hanging punching bag and headbutted it.

'Idiot!'