• Published 1st May 2015
  • 2,723 Views, 106 Comments

Button's Love:The Start - PhoenixBlaz3



A fanfiction about Sweetie Belle and Button Mash, how they met and how they fell in love. This is a story of true love; one that will be able to blossom and remain forever.

  • ...
12
 106
 2,723

Chapter 4 - Snuggle Tiem (the feels!!)

Snuggle Tiem

"Button, Sweetie, do you want a snack?" asked Love Tap curiously. She knew what was going on inside Button's room, and wanted to interfere, because, well, that's what parents do to children, to not only irritate their children, but to frustrate them a little.

"Um, yes please, mom!" shouted Button calmly, keeping in his anger. He was on the verge of boiling and nearly blew a fuse. "Could we have some cookies please?"

Love Tap was surprised; she had never seen her son this calm before. Normally when she interrupted him he would shout "Mom!" or ... "MOM!!"

"Uh, okay Sweetie." said Love Tap dumbstruck. Had something happened to her young colt, or was he just growing up? Oh well, don't want to make Button change her attitude. thought Love Tap, slowly trotting down the oak wooden stairs, simply humming to herself as she opened the cupboard in the kitchen. The kitchen was a beautiful sight. It had a cyan blue wall that calmed Love Tap down. Cyan blue was one of her favourite colours as it always made life seem serene; one of the main reasons why the Mash family moved into this house. She scanned the contents of the cupboard and found a pack of cookies, gently opening it and put a few cookies on a plate. Taking the plate, she headed upstairs and entered the gamer colt's room.

"W-what, no fair!" shouted Sweetie Belle, getting ready to hurl the controller at the TV. "That creeper blew me up, and now I've lost my iron sword!" She was getting ready to tear up and curl up in a ball.

"Don't worry Sweetie Belle. You can have my iron sword if you want." smiled Button.

"N-no thanks, Button Mash." replied Sweetie Belle. Button gave her a stone sword. It had sharpness 1.

"Then at least you can have my stone sword." laughed Button Mash. Sweetie Belle thanked Button.

"Maybe we can start mining." suggested Sweetie Belle.

"No, maybe we should go to sleep." stated Button. It was about the middle of the night in Manecraft, they had no shelter, and the only food they had was with Button after the unfortunate 'incident' that had just occurred. "I have enough wool now, because I killed a sheep on the way to find you. So I could make the bed and guard you while you sleep."

"Okay." replied Sweetie Belle.

"Button, here are your cookies!" exclaimed Love Tap. She passed the cookies to Button, who passed a few to Sweetie Belle. Love Tap left the room to do her mother business or she went to start cooking dinner.

"Well, while I sleep and you guard me why don't we talk about our free time?" said Sweetie Belle nervously. She wasn't sure whether she could trust Button in guarding her.

"Well, uh, sure!" said Button gleefully. He knew that Sweetie Belle was in a club to get cutie marks, but what do they really do?

"Well, I'm in a club called the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Those 'friends' that you met yesterday, they're in the club too!" started Sweetie Belle. "We've done all sorts of things, like flag-carrying, creature catching and other things like that. Plus, I was wondering, since you don't have your cutie mark yet, maybe you wanted to join? I mean, I know that you kind of said no last time, maybe you could rethink and become a Cutie Mark Crusader."

Button thought for a moment, before making up his mind.

"Well, I guess I want to make more friends so yes." answered Button. Sweetie Belle jumped up, dropping her controller. Luckily, Button caught it just before it hit the ground, making Sweetie Belle blush.

"S-sorry." said Sweetie Belle quietly.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine." said Button optimistically, smiling at Sweetie Belle. "Plus, it was an accident, and that wouldn't have been your fault. Accidents happen, Sweetie Belle."

"Th-thanks, Button Mash." replied Sweetie Belle, sniffing quietly. Sweetie Belle woke up in the game, with Button next to her. Button cut down a few trees, Sweetie Belle soon following this action. He made a few pieces of wood, and started to build another house. He got out a few torches from his inventory, lighting up the dull, brown house. Sweetie Belle worked on the roof, making a complex pattern involving different types of wood like birch and oak. Button started decorating the interior of the house, while Sweetie Belle found a few flowers and started decorating the exterior. Once the duo had finished, they stood back and admired their handiwork.

"Wow, Button, what a beautiful house!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"It's waaaaaaayyyyyy less pretty than you though." stated Button honestly. Sweetie Belle blushed. Once Button noticed what he had just said, he started to make up excuses like "Th-that slipped out." and "Oh, look a bird." Sweetie Belle cherished everything that Button said. He's nervous. thought Sweetie Belle. He's really cute when he's nervous.

"Button, what's the time?" asked Sweetie Belle curiously. She had a meeting with the CMC at about 5:30 pm.

"Oh, it's about 4:00 pm." replied Button. "I'm gonna go out and look for a few sheep. You can stay here and mine if you want." Sweetie Belle nodded at the suggestion, telling Button that that was what she was going to do. Button trotted off, past the trees, over the mountains and through caves, looking for a few sheep. He arrived at a plains biome, finding 4 sheep, 9 chickens and 3 cows. Button jumped up. This is animal paradise! thought Button.

"Look Sweetie Belle, I found so many animals!" exclaimed Button, pointing at the screen, showing the animals. Sweetie Belle gasped.

"You're amazing at this game, Button!" shouted Sweetie Belle happily. Button started killing the animals, receiving 3 pieces of wool, 7 pieces of chicken and 4 pieces of beef. Button smiled gleefully. He was happy; Sweetie Belle could see that. Sweetie Belle started mining (because while Button was adventuring she was eating the cookies) and found a bit of iron. Sweetie Belle carried on mining, finding no more than 11 coal. It was night time; the second night for Sweetie Belle. Button Mash, being an experienced gamer, had found a way to get home before night. He crafted a second bed and made a furnace, cooking the food that he had found with the coal that Sweetie Belle had gathered. Sweetie Belle and Button Mash went to sleep, and woke up.

"Button, what's the time?" asked Sweetie Belle. Button checked the iPaddock.

"4:47 pm." responded Button. "Why?"

"It's just that at 5:30 me and the other Cutie. Mark Crusaders are having a meeting. Why don't you come along?" replied Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah sure." smiled Button Mash. "But we're having dinner at 6:00, so we'd better be quick."

"Oh thank you Button Mash." said Sweetie Belle, grinning as she hugged Button.

"Well, why don't we head off now so we're not late?" suggested Button. Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement. Button put the TV on standby, before they headed down the stairs. Button started to open the beautiful front door. It was a very unique door, made of mahogany wood.

"Where are you going, honey?" asked Love Tap curiously.

"I'm off to make friends!" shouted Button. Button and Sweetie Belle trotted out of the door.

"Well be saf-" Love Tap stopped, noticing that the two foals had already left.

"Oh, I miss the old days." scowled Love Tap.

***

It was 5:21. Button and Sweetie Belle were at Sweet Apple Acres. They noticed Apple Bloom who was trotting towards them, with a confused expression on her face.

"Well, howdy y'all!" started Apple Bloom. "Ah noticed ya brought ya coltfriend with ya, Sweetie Belle." Button and Sweetie Belle blushed.

"Aren't you a nice pair?" asked an orange filly.

"Scootaloo." said Button.

"That's me!" shouted Scootaloo. "Here to tell me how awesome I am?"

"Haha, very funny. All jokes aside, let's git thiyus meetin' started." said Apple Bloom loudly.

"Yeah!" shouted the four foals, entering the clubhouse of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

***

"Ah would like to welcome everyone to tha weekly meetin' of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. We have gathered 'ere today to discuss our bright future ahead of us... our cutie marks!" shouted Apple Bloom.

"Yes Apple Bloom!" shouted Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Button wasn't listening; he was too busy looking at the inside of the clubhouse. He was amazed at how small the clubhouse was from outside, while it was so big from the inside.

"Button! Button! Wake up!" shouted the three filies.

"Wuh... French Toast!" exclaimed Button Mash, confused. The three fillies laughed.

"Well, when you were day dreaming about Sweetie Belle, we've decided that you can have a chance to become a cutie mark crusader!" smiled Scootaloo.

"I-I wasn't day dreaming about Sweetie Belle." responded Button honestly.

"Anyway, we must have a proper trial, to show that you will fight for the freedom of blank flanks and have the power to free ponies from the bonds of blank-flankness." proclaimed Scootaloo bravely.

"That sounded corny." said Button honestly. Sweetie Belle and Apple Blooms snickered.

"I don't care." whispered Scootaloo. Button sat on the floor, while the three fillies stood behind a table. Scootaloo was hitting a pair of drums, while Sweetie Belle was reading from a piece of scroll.

"We, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, elect Button Mash to join us as a brother, friend, mate, ally, pal, blah, blah and Cutie Mark Crusader. You solemnly swear your word and the word of your fellow cutie mark crusaders to free other blank flanks from the power of the blank-flanknesses. Do you take the hand of your fellow sisters, to aid others?" said Sweetie Belle.

"Um... yeah?" responded Button nervously. Scootaloo facehoofed, while Apple Bloom whispered into Button's ear telling him to say I do.

"Oh... okay. I do." repeated Button confidently.

"Thin... well done on becomin' a cutie mark crusader Button." congratulated Apple Bloom, shaking his hoof. Sweetie Belle wrapped a cape around him; the cape had gold silk aligned in the inside. Button blushed.

"I made it myself." smiled Sweetie Belle.

"It's beautiful." exclaimed Button Mash. He paused for moment, and in a British accent said:"But not as beautiful as you." Button facehoofed, noticing what he had just said. Sweetie Belle snickered. What is wrong with me? thought Button.

"Well, I guess this meeting is over. Let's meet again tomorrow, and that includes you Button Mash." stated Scootaloo. Button rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, Sweetie Belle, let's have dinner then we can play a few more video games." started Button, as he trotted down the stairs. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo started puckering their lips, as the gamer duo trotted down the stairs and headed back to Button's house.

***

"Button, Sweetie belle, get ready for dinner!" smiled Love Tap. Button and Sweetie Belle entered the house, Button closing the door behind them.

"Sure mom!" responded Button. He went upstairs to wash his hands, Sweetie Belle following him, doing the same. After 2 minutes, they went downstairs and had dinner. They had carrots and oat sausages. Normally, dinnertime in the Mash residence was uneventful; mainly because Gibson was out and Pound Quit was at work. However, today was no ordinary dinnertime, as Button wanted to impress Sweetie Belle, so he stuffed a hoofful of carrots in his mouth, trying to talk. Sweetie Belle and Love Tap couldn't help but giggle.

"Why thank you, Mrs Mash, for the dinner!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle, showering Button's mom with words of praise.

"Call me Love Tap, dear!" grinned Love Tap.

"Come on, Sweetie, let's go!" said Button, holding her hoof. They both blushed. "Uh, I mean, let's go play more video games."

They walked up the stairs, and turned Manecraft on. Button went with Sweetie Belle, mining for valuable resources. Button found a cave, finding 15 emeralds in a chest. Button squealed with delight. He took the emeralds and the chest. Upon breaking the chest, he found the remains of a nether portal. Button made a mental note of where the portal was, before heading out of the cave and carried on mining. He found Sweetie Belle, who was struggling to break a piece of iron ore with her wooden pickaxe, so Button swapped the wooden one with a stone one. Sweetie Belle, upon receiving the tool, hit the block with three rapid swings, before finally breaking the precious ore. Button trotted off, and found 9 pieces of iron, quickly mined them up and went back to the house. He smelted the iron, crafted 2 pickaxes and a sword, before he decided to go out and hunt a few spiders to make a bow.

Epic Voice Time Narrator time

So our beanie warrior headed out, to Mount Hasbro. He found many armies being created, involving grammar nazis, trolls and the newly-made butthurt people. Destroying the armies, he went off, searching for the Caves of Arachnids, finally killing enough spiders to forge a blazing bow. Ok... I should stop.

Basically, Button just went into a dungeon and he found a spider spawner. He killed about 23 spiders, earning about 29 string. Noticing how much he had, he headed home, put the string in a chest and carried on mining. After 2 in-game days, Button noticed that it was 7:00, and that he should've walked Sweetie Belle home about 15 minutes ago. Button was about to leave the room...

"Button, where are you going?" asked Sweetie Belle curiously. Button opened the door, and saw his mom.

"Button, Sweetie Belle, I have some bad news." started Love Tap.

"What?" questioned the gamer duo nervously, Sweetie Belle constantly sweating.

"Well, Rarity took a trip to Manehatten. She was getting ready to get the next train to Ponyville, but the trains suddenly stopped. Unfortunately, it turns out the coal for all the trains has run out, and they will have to get some more. Luckily, Rarity got a hotel room, so she will sleep there and will go back to Ponyville in the morning. So she texted me, and she told me that Sweetie Belle will have to have a sleepover at our house." replied Love Tap.

"Yay!!" cheered Button and Sweetie Belle. They were both ecstatic as they could carry on playing Manecraft.

Button sat down on the sofa as Love Tap left the room. They carried on mining, until Sweetie Belle went back to the house with Button Mash, where they slept, waking up to another bright and sunny day in the world of Manecraft. Button looked at the time. 7:45. thought Button. Rats.

"Button, Sweetie Belle, it's time for bed. Have a wash and then you can go to bed." smiled Love Tap. She could hear Button groaning. Sweetie and Button got into the bathroom.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" asked Button humorously.

"Yes." Sweetie Belle grinned.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Water Savers yay!" shouted Sweetie Belle and Button. Underneath them, there came a giggle where a certain yellow earth pony and orange pegasus were. Button turned on the tap, waiting until the bath was half full. Sweetie Belle, on the other hand, was looking at the bathroom; the purple and pink walls, the white floor, the green door; it seemed as if the room was painted by someone who devoted their life to her. Suddenly, she saw Button climb into the bath, so she did the same. She put her head under the water, and slowly took it out, shaking her mane everywhere, making Button stare deep into her green emerald eyes. Then, she put her head on his shoulder, the calmness making her unconscious.

"Uh, Sweetie Belle?" said Button quietly, gently touching her head. What to do, what to do? thought Button. I can't wake her up, or else she'll be angry at me. Uh, I have no choice but me wait until she wakes up. Button felt his eyes feeling heavy, and soon he drifted off to sleep...

***

Love Tap looked at the time. 8:30. I should go upstairs and kiss Button goodnight. she thought. She trotted up the stairs, and looked in Button's room. Surprisingly, he wasn't there, so she looked in the bathroom. What met her eyes was something truly adorable; Button and Sweetie Belle in the bath, Sweetie Belle with her head laid on his chest, with Button wrapping a hoof around Sweetie's neck, slowly running his hoof through her beautiful hair. Both foals were smiling, each of them unknowingly enjoying their embrace. Love Tap took a few pictures of them, sending a few to Rarity. Then she started goofing around, like putting a moustache on Button. Finally she decided to wake the 'couple' from their slumber.

"Button, wake up!" shouted Love Tap, gently tapping his shoulder. Button and Sweetie Belle woke up, surprised at what was happening. Both of them blushed, trying to make up excuses about what was occurring.

"Button, what happened?" asked Love Tap in a calm yet stern voice.

"W-well, you see mom, Sweetie Belle fell asleep on me, then I decided that the best thing to do was not to wake her up, so I decided to wait until she woke up. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and next thing I knew... this was happening." said Button truthfully, scratching his head guiltily.

"Well, that is truly adorable, but you two should be getting to sleep. It's 9:00." smiled Love Tap, passing a towel to both of them. Love Tap went downstairs, while the two gamers dried themselves and walked into Button's room.

"Y-you can have my bed for tonight." grinned Button Mash. "I'll sleep on the sofa."

"Awwww, that's so sweet of you, Button." said Sweetie Belle, enveloping Button in a bear hug. "Uh, I mean, that's really nice."

"Alright foals, it's time to go to sleep now." grinned Love Tap, turning the lights off. Sweetie Belle crawled into Button's bed, while Button grabbed a fleece and laid down onto the sofa.

"Button. Button." whispered Sweetie Belle.

"What's wrong, Sweetie Belle?" asked Button with concern.

"I-I'm cold." she replied.

"S-shall I get you a fleece?" yawned Button.

"N-no, I want you to sleep with me." she said quietly.

"O-OK. A-are you sure you want me to sleep with you?" questioned Button. He didn't want to invade Sweetie Belle's privacy.

"Of course I am, Button. If I wasn't I would recommend it, OK?" said Sweetie Belle, angrily yet reassuring.

"O-OK." grinned button, as he crawled into his bed. "Night-night Sweetie."

"Night-night Button." yawned Sweetie Belle. Button kissed her forehead, however Sweetie Belle had already drifted to sleep, so she didn't notice what he had done. Button started to relive every moment he had had with Sweetie Belle, drifting off to sleep...

***

It was 4:37 am. Button yawned, waking up. He saw a filly in bed next to him.

"Well, you're looking very pretty today, Sweetie Belle." complimented Button, stroking her muzzle.

"You don't look too bad yourself." she laughed, hugging Button. "Looks like you kissed me last night, did you?"

"W-what, what are you talking about?" chuckled Button nervously. "A-are you sure it wasn't your imagination?"

"Oh, I'm sure, lover boy." she said, grinning to herself, crawling towards Button, making him go unconscious. Sweetie Belle soon fell asleep, but not before both foals whispered "I love you."

Author's Note:

Ok guys, the next chapter, hope you enjoyed. Put down in the comments below if in the next next chapter I should have it about school, because in the next chapter you probably know what will happen *coughAppleBloomcoughScootalocough. Anyways, have a nice day/night.