• Published 1st May 2015
  • 2,722 Views, 106 Comments

Button's Love:The Start - PhoenixBlaz3



A fanfiction about Sweetie Belle and Button Mash, how they met and how they fell in love. This is a story of true love; one that will be able to blossom and remain forever.

  • ...
12
 106
 2,722

Prologue - Goodbye Might Not Be The End

Prologue

The sun was blazing in Manehatten, the noise of the hubbub heard around every corner. Everypony was getting ready to do their daily routine. Ponies were calling for taxis, others crossing roads. Many others were just getting out of bed, unaware of what other ponies were doing. Everything seemed fine and everypony was adjusting to the morning - apart from a small, brown colt who was standing outside his old flat, next to the oak door which had been closed not too long before. Tears were swelling up in his eyes and he was walking alongside a grey colt, about the same age as him, who had a black mane and hoof wrapped around the brown colt's shoulder.

"I-I'll see y-you again someday, won't I?" muttered the brown colt, frowning and sobbing. He started walking along the hallway, passing the doors reminiscent of a past he would long remember, before down the concrete stairs, along with his friend.

"Of course you will, Button. You'll remember your best pal, Rumble, won't you?" replied the grey colt, smiling optimistically. However, he knew that deep down he was sad as well. It wouldn't be long before he was reduced to tears.

"Sure!" said Button enthusiastically, jumping past a few steps. He had been friends with Rumble ever since he had first moved to Manehatten. He wouldn't normally make friends since his dad moved because of his job, and Button thought it was pointless as he'd just have to say goodbye, which made Button feel lonely.

"But... are you sure I'll see you again?" continued Button, nervously. "I mean, what if you end up... well , I don't really know, but what if-"

He was stopped when Rumble put a hoof to his mouth. Button immediately stopped to listen to what Rumble had to say.

"I wouldn't lie to you, right Button? I'll convince my family to move to Ponyville, one way or another." said Rumble, cheerfully, as he skipped with Button to the door of the flat building.

"O-ok, I'll see you soon. So you promise me that you'll move to Ponyville?" mumbled Button more confidently. He opened the door and walked outside, Rumble soon following.

"Of course I do, Button. I may not be the Element of Honesty, but I'm sure I'll be able to keep a promise like that." replied Rumble, jokingly. He smiled at Button, before wrapping his hooves around Button for one last time, enveloping Button in a hug.

"Th-then I'll see you around..." whispered Button. He started to walk away while waving goodbye to his friend, and began walking to the vehicle that would take him to the train station.

"Just remember... goodbye might not be the end!" yelled Rumble.

"Will do!" shouted Button. He jumped onto the taxi cart, and sat down.

"Have you said goodbye to Rumble yet sweetie?" asked a cheerful voice next to him. The cart was quite spacious, disregarding the amount of luggage piled onto the front. It also had an open front, which allowed the two ponies to feel the heat bouncing off their hide.

"Yes mom!" replied Button, smiling.

"Then let's go!" responded Button's mom. "Taxi, take us to Manehatten train station please."

"Hang on, we'll be there in a jiffy." said the low voice.

"Mom, where's Dad and Gibson?" asked Button.

"We'll meet them at Ponyville!" said the once-again cheerful voice.

"Okie Dokie! Ponyville, here we come!" shouted Button.

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic ever so please enjoy! Criticism is appreciated as long as it is constructive! Comment and favourite... I mean if you want to. :yay: I'll try to upload a chapter every month, maybe more! Peace!