• Published 14th Oct 2015
  • 383 Views, 9 Comments

Tales of Old: the Sacking of Timbucktu - Prince_Staghorn



200 years in the past. A cloud city. An invasion.

  • ...
1
 9
 383

Epilogue

200 years later

Every tim she saw them, Chrysalis couldn't help but shy away from the guards tasked with guarding Cadance. whenever she was out on official business within Canterlot.

It wasn't their armor, which was similar to the standard half-suit worn by all Equestrian guards, though altered by having a pearly, purplish color and a high collar. Nor was it their appearance, as the three were mares of the standard body type.

Bright Eyes was an earth pony with a dark cerulean coat and a tangerine mane with dark orange and striking white stripes.

Galaxy was a strawberry-colored unicorn, her mane and tail colored similar to Bright Eyes', but more equally divided between the three colors.

Masquerade was a yellow pegasus with a tricolored green mane.

It was their eyes which made the changeling uncomfortable- three pairs of eyes which looked as though the pupils and irises had been replaced by multifaceted gems.

***

The spell which Thromnambular and the whales had cast was a spell to put the citizens of Timbucktu to sleep, and was interwoven with a spell to make them forget the attack on the cloud country. As the plague of Cloud Blight still persisted, the pegasi eventually chose to abandon Timbucktu altogether, and it was moved to its current-day position.

Thus with this action ends the tale of the fall of Timbucktu, and yet it marks the beginning of many others.

The former citizens of Timbucktu made their way into the continent of Equus and interbred with the ponies of Equestria, Concordia, and Henosis, and in time gave rise to the sub-race known as the Twinkle-Eyed Ponies. Their jewel-like eyes- a recessive trait- were the only ties which connected them to their former kingdom.

The Blight eventually vanished as mysteriously as it had appeared, and modern Timbucktu is now home to various Tengu tribes, as well as a few Kirin and changelings who make a living by farming various cloud crops.

Neighpon was the only country which knew what had happened, and the information concerning the fall of Timbucktu was heavily edited and censored.

Of course, secrets this big eventually become known... but for now, everyone seemed happy, and the Twinkle-Eyes were content with their lot. Most couldn't live on the clouds anymore anyway, so why worry about it?

So Timbucktu faded into an interesting tidbit of history, and the royals of Neighpon kept it as a secret amongst themselves, and life went on as if nothing had happened.

Author's Note:

Bright Eyes, Galaxy, and Masquerade belong to Equestria-Prevails.

Comments ( 3 )

so crystal empire was founded by timbuktu citizens?

10121248 No, but there is a high influx of their descendants living there

10123863
So after abandoning timbukty they spread across the coutry?

Login or register to comment