• Published 15th Jul 2015
  • 1,010 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Spartan: Friendship Evolved - Revan



Forced to crash-land on a mysterious ring-shaped construct, the crew of [i]The Pillar of Autumn[/i] must rely upon the last known Spartan-II - and six top-secret Spartan-IIBs - for their survival.

  • ...
10
 12
 1,010

Where Have They Gone?

Celestia stood upon the parapet of Canterlot Castle, looking out across Canterlot. Fires were burning, and the walls were under attack.

Luna landed next to her, her figure backlit by the moon. "Sister, there's something you need to know."

Celestia continued to stand silently, her mane barely flowing. Luna tilted her head in sympathy. "You're wondering where they went again, aren't you?"

Celestia sighed, as she stared out at the pony-shaped abominations that were attacking the walls. As she watched, ten yellow spheres with tentacles jumped one of Luna's thestral guards. He screamed in agony, and a nearby guard turned and shot him through the heart with a crossbow bolt.

"Twenty years, and not a clue as to where they've gone. We've searched every inch of Equestria and not a single trace has been found." She gestured with her horn at the creatures that had once been ponies, who were continuing to assault the walls in seemingly endless waves. One of the numerous bulbous forms that waddled forward exploded, releasing more yellow spheres into the air. "The Tree of Harmony still repels the creatures, but we cannot use the Elements."

"At least that indicates that they're still alive." As they looked on, forms that had once been Pegasi attacked, diving out of the darkness. Normal Pegasi attacked, and the aerial assault was converted into a furious dogfight.

"Yes, but with no way to contact them, what good is it?" Celestia said in a tone of despair.

Luna looked sharply at her sister. She had never in her 2,567 years seen her sibling this close to emotional collapse.

She took a deep breath, and spoke. "Actually, I may have found them."

Celestia's head snapped up and around, her eyes filled with renewed hope. "Where? How?" As she looked at Luna, a thunderstorm began to form, lightning bolts frying thousands of the monstrosities. Emboldened, the army fought with renewed vigor, driving them back.

"I found Rainbow Dash while I was dreamwalking tonight."

Celestia's mane began to flow more rapidly. "What happened?"

"Well..."


DEPLOYMENT +00 HOURS:3 MINUTES:17 SECONDS (SPARTAN B-045 MISSION CLOCK) / HEV SPECIALIST VARIANT SP-II PROTOTYPE ALPHA-IV, EN ROUTE TO SURFACE OF "HALO".

Rain was dreaming as her cyropod slowly thawed out according to its preset timer.

But her dream was anything but peaceful.

She stood alone, with a frag grenade in one hand and a M6D pistol in the other. A horde of Covenant headed straight towards her position, howling for blood.

Rain threw the grenade, blowing a cluster of Grunts into oblivion, then jumped up.

Far up, farther than even an unarmored Spartan could do. Her helmet located what she was looking for, and she dove down, rocketing straight through a hail of Needler fire.

She landed on top of a Hunter and, using her armored fingers, ripped off the arm with the fuel rod cannon.

As the Hunter reared back in surprise, orange gunk spraying across Rain's armor, she leaped off, tackling an Elite to the ground. She punched her fist straight through his face, then threw her pistol at a nearby Grunt, who got solidly conked on the head. She grabbed the energy sword the Elite had carried, then whirled around and sliced another in half. She grabbed his as well, then wielding both swords simultaneously, she tore through the Covenant ranks with a vengeance, not noticing the flying figure that silently watched her.

Finally, all the Covenant on the battlefield were dead, piled in heaps. Rain impaled her energy swords in the ground, then proceeded to disengage the safety interlocks on her helmet. She looked out at the battlefield, her rainbow-colored hair streaming in the wind.

"Rainbow Dash..."

She whirled around, and saw a sight that was both strange and yet oddly familiar. A winged quadruped - with a horn - that resembled a horse alighted on the ground in front of her.

She fell into a martial arts stance, and called out, "Who are you???!!!!"

The dark blue-black creature opened its mouth and spoke once more. "Remember who you are, Rainbow Dash." Suddenly, moving with impossible swiftness, it was in front of her, and its horn touched her forehead.

A wave of images started rushing through her head, and Rain/bow cried out in surprise...