• Published 5th May 2015
  • 2,846 Views, 173 Comments

Life Change, in 127.8 Seconds - Cool writer



I am Diana Zediker. And this is how my life changed in 2 minutes.

  • ...
28
 173
 2,846

Chapter 9, Some Other Town in Oregon

"So his name's the Author," I said, dead-panned.

"Well, yeah." Dusk replied. I started to snicker. I'm from Oregon, and I'm looking for the Author. You gotta find that coincidence funny. I sure did. Dusk and I tried again at the Author's house, but we didn't get him. We eventually gave up and flew back to Dusk's house. Right now, we were sitting in the kitchen chatting over two cups of Stare Bucks white chocolate mocha (which we had picked up on the way back). It's weird that we both like the same type of coffee. Dusk had to pour my coffee into a mug that I could hold, because I was useless with hooves. It was like wearing mittens, I could still move it, but it was hard to hold anything.

"What's so funny?" Dusk asked me.

"It reminds me of some other town in Oregon," I answered. "It's kinda a long story."

"Well tell it!" Dusk said, excitedly raising up his cup of coffee in the air. "I love a good story, and I've got nowhere better to be."

"What, you don't have a job?" I asked.

"Nope!" Dusk grinned. His bat fangs weren't that unsettling anymore. I guess I had just accepted them as part of "the thestral anatomy." But then again, this is a lot I have "just accepted."
"I was planning on getting a job at that bookstore, but then I met you." I blushed and looked down at the floor. I'm starting to think he likes me.

"So I ruined you getting a job?" I asked, looking back up.

"Never mind that," Dusk dismissed the answer. "You've got a story to share. So tell me about this 'other town in Oregon'."
And so, I told him about Gravity Falls.


"Wow! And that's a real town?!" Dusk was shocked. He was absolutely fascinated with this show. Maybe because he thought it was real. Well, with all that's happened, hay I wouldn't be surprised if it was real! I had recapped all of season 1 (without telling him it was a season of a TV show... mostly because going into what a TV was, seemed too difficult), and most of season 2. To be honest... I haven't been keeping up with the new season. I'm not that type of nerd.

"I wouldn't be surprised," I replied. Dusk frowned.

"Still interesting though." He said, taking another sip of coffee. He looked at the cup. "I'm out." He said. I laughed.

"You just realized? You've been sipping that empty cup for a while now." I commented. I had realized that his cup was empty because he was tilting it all the way up every time he took a sip for a while now. Wow was he wrapped up in the story! He started laughing back at me.

"Really? How long?" He asked.

"About 10 minutes." I snickered. We both laughed a bit. I looked into his eyes, and he looked into mine. We just smiled at each other, and it was though we were the only ponies in Equestria, and I didn't mind that sentence. My eyelids began to get heavy, and I could hear the faint sound of alarm bells in the distance. Dusk yawned, and stretched. He turned to look at a clock he had hung up. It read 8:15.

"We should get to bed," Dusk said, standing up. I felt a pang of sadness when he started to walk away.

"You can sleep with me." I blurted. Dusk froze, and turned to look at me. He wore a surprised look on his face. "...But don't get any ideas." I continued. I couldn't take it back, so I might as well roll with it, and it's not like I really object to sleeping in the same bed and nothing more. the faint alarm bells got fainter, but more urgent. I ignored them. Probably something in a far off town. "I just want some company tonight." My mind began to grow foggy. I must be really tired. Dusk and I walked down the hall to the bedroom. But... I wanted to sleep upside down tonight. "Hey, do you mind us sleeping in the upside down room?" I asked. Dusk looked a little surprised, but he nodded. We turned left and entered the room we had slept in the night before. Something about the thought of being upside down was appealing. Dusk turned off the light before we flew up to the bar and wrapped our tails around it. I wrapped my wings around me, enjoying the leathery texture.

"Good night Dusk," I said. Something about my tone of voice seemed to confuse Dusk.

"Umm... Good night Echo." Dusk replied. Echo, that's my name. I honestly prefer it to... Diana? Whatever, I'm just going to go to sleep.