• Published 5th May 2015
  • 2,847 Views, 173 Comments

Life Change, in 127.8 Seconds - Cool writer



I am Diana Zediker. And this is how my life changed in 2 minutes.

  • ...
28
 173
 2,847

Chapter 6, Scrambeled Eggs

Author's Note:

This would make a bit more sense if you went back and re-read the edited chapter. (If you haven't already read the edited version).

I was laying in bed, wide awake. It's not hard to see why, I've just traversed species. I yawned, and my eyes fluttered. I can't believe I just, went with this strange pony without thinking.

"What was I thinking?" I asked myself as I drifted off to sleep. That night, I dreamed that I was a human, standing face to face with my new body, it was hollow and lifeless, just a skin suit. But then, it came to life and wrapped itself around me, turning me into what I was in the waking world. Strangely, I wasn't scaired when I had been swallowed by the suit, I didn't even run when it tried. I was, excited and happy. I then flew around the blank world of the dream, happy as a child.


When I eventually woke, I was upside down, with my wings wrapped around me like a blanket. I had snuggled up to Dusk. My head turned into a giant tomato upon noticing this.

"Bucking somnambulism." I moaned. Wait... how was I hanging anyway? I look up, to see my tail is wrapped around a bar stuck into the ceiling. It's actually is quite comfortable. That didn't change the fact that I wanted down. I stuck my hooves out below me to catch my fall and unwrapped my tail. Moving it was strangely easy, almost like moving an arm. As I fell the short distance from the ceiling to the floor, time slowed down. And I thought about my dream, and what it felt like to fly. I imagined what each beat of my wings was like, and then my real wings did the same! They started to flap, and I didn't hit the floor. 'I'm flying! I can't believe it!' I thought to myself. I wobbled a bit and landed, loudly.

"Huh? Wa?" Dusk sputtered as he woke up. I looked up at him. He's kinda cute like that, as in, cute like a sleepy puppy. "Oh, hi Echo," Dusk said to me, rubbing one of his giant pony eyes with one hoof sleepily. Well, I guess our giant pony eyes now. I look at him.

"What am I doing in here?" I ask him.

"I don't know," Dusk says. It's hard to be mad at something that cute... like a puppy. "You came in here in the middle of the night last night, and I was too tired to do anything about it." I raise one eyebrow in a "yeah right" way.

"You were too tired to keep me from snuggling with you," I say, deadpan.

"Oh shut up." He laughs to me. I laugh a little, but it's an awkward laugh. Luckily he doesn't notice. At least, I think he didn't notice. Did he notice? I hope he didn't notice! "So, you wanna get some breakfast before heading into town?" He asks, flying down from the bar. I nod. Before going to bed, me and Dusk had planned on going into a nearby town to look for Dusk's "friend," the one who gave him the pendant that allowed us to meet. Dusk fly's out of the room and off into the kitchen. I follow on hoof. Dusk was already in the kitchen, sticking his head in a fridge. Out of it, he pulled a carton of eggs... in his mouth. Well, I guess that's the only way anypony could properly hold anything like... this. Dusk sat the eggs down on the counter and asked,

"So how do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled is my favourite," I replied. "But I'm fine with whatever." Dusk smiled with relief.

"Great, because I can only make scrambled." Dusk grinned. I smiled at him.

"Well I can bake many types of eggs." I playfully boasted. "So, how do you like your eggs." I asked. He smiled.

"Scrambled." I'm not sure why, but a combination of his face, tone, and the conversation... was dang hilarious! I burst out laughing.

"HA ha ha haaa!" I laughed. As my laugh winded down, A few snorts suck their way into it. Dusk grinned at his handywork. Or is it "hoof-y-work?"

"Hey, if I can make somepony snort, it's a good day," Dusk said. I liked him, he was nice. You know, it's getting harder and harder to mentally puke at these thoughts... in part because I'm noticing them less and less. I don't know why I'm not terrified at this revilation. I'm scaired, don't get me wrong, but not proporly terrified.


After we finished cooking and eating our eggs, I patted my belly.

"For a certain lack of hands, you're a great cook!" I said, looking over at dusk. We were sitting at a table low to the ground so that one could sit on their haunches comfortably, and still reach the table.

"Why thank you, my dear Echo," Dusk said, bending forward in a mock bow. "So, when will you be ready to head into town?"

"Now's good." I respond. The sooner I can... what was I trying to do again? Go back to being human. Yes, right. The sooner I can go back to being human, the better.