• Published 5th May 2015
  • 2,843 Views, 173 Comments

Life Change, in 127.8 Seconds - Cool writer



I am Diana Zediker. And this is how my life changed in 2 minutes.

  • ...
28
 173
 2,843

14 Awoken

Why am I on the floor, This isn't the guest room floor!
Shut up, idiot! Of course, it's not your bedroom floor.

"Who's that?!?"

"Who's who?" A familiar (hot) voice asks. Wait- what the- !

"I was afraid of this. You didn't give her the boot, did you, Diana?" I hear The (most hated) Author says.

"No, I just found a tower and went inside." I She says. "And now something's wrong, I can hear this voice... in my head... It's not my voice. It's starting to creep me out. Well, you creep me out, so there." I finished, folding my forelegs. My eyes bulge and A hoof flys to my mouth. I sit up, shakily, hooves still covering my mouth.

"What was that!" I squeak out. "I didn't say that!" The Author looks as though he's pondering something. He taps his chin a few times. "Of course she didn't, I did." The voice in my head says, through my mouth. The Author stops pondering and looks at me, dead serious.

"Am I speaking to the entity that is taking over this body?" He asks.

"Why, yes you are." I again say, against my will. "And I would prefer you call me, Echo." I feel a tear roll down my face. Then I realize, I'm scared. More scared than I've ever been. He notices my tear and grins.

"And I take it you've only got control over the mouth." He states.

"Man you're clever," Echo says. "So I take it you're already hatching a plan to destroy me?"

"Well... If it comes to that." The Author said, tilting his head, back and forth. "But, I do know one thing, and it's that, you can't stay there."

"Then, where am I supposed to go?" Echo asked. "It's not like you can just-"

"Why don't we just make a clone and put Echo in there?" Lyra said to the Author.

"No, that would never work." The Author replied.

"Really? I thought that the clone idea was perfect." Either Diana or Echo said sarcastically. It's hard to tell... we were both thinking it. But, Echo followed through on the statement with: "Of course it wouldn't work, not even magic can create clones!" I (Diana) blinked.

"Magic? There's no such thing as magic... right?"

"Well, of course, there's magic you dolt! How else would you have gotten here?"

"Hey! That wasn't very nice!"

"Well excuse me for not loving some alien who snatched my body!"

"Your body!!! This is my body! And so help me, when we get you out I'll-"

"AHEM!" The Author coughs. We look up at a disturbed Dusk, a mildly amused Lyra, and an unidentifiable Author.

"Girls, I love that you've learned to share the power of speech, but can we save your cat fight for later?" Lyra asked.

"Was that... both of them, just now?" Dusk asked.

"Yes," The Author said. "... And it appears that, at least for a moment there, Diana was winning the battle." Echo gulped. "Getting nervous there, are we?" The Author grinned.