• Published 5th May 2015
  • 2,847 Views, 173 Comments

Life Change, in 127.8 Seconds - Cool writer



I am Diana Zediker. And this is how my life changed in 2 minutes.

  • ...
28
 173
 2,847

Chapter 12, Who is He?

The Author sat there, silently, with his hooves on Echo's temples. Her eyes were closed, and she, they looked like they were konked out. Lyra looked unconcerned.

"What is he doing?" I whispered to her.

"He's..." She didn't seem to sure. "... Doing some psychic, timey stuff." Lyra sighed and looked down a bit. "I really hate it when he leaves me behind on guard duty."

"Guard duty?" I asked. Lyra nodded.

"We need to protect The Author and your girlfriend while he's in there."

"She's not- protect?" I asked. Wow, I'm a blubbering idiot right now. "I'm sorry, just... Who is he?" I had only known The Author for a few days when I came looking for something for my... a present. He gave me that pendant, and I told him I would pay him back.

"He's... he's The Author," Lyra said, after a pause. "He saves people." I cocked my head, but I didn't ask what "people" meant. I decided to ask a better question.

"From what?" I asked. Lyra snorted.

"A better question is, what don't we stop." She said. "I've seen, amazing, fantastic things, things that you could only read about in stories," Her smile faded, and she continued. "But I've also seen... horrible things. Evil bent on destroying everything, living statues, metal ponies, and..." She trailed off and turned to look at The Author. "He's fought all that, and he comes back here and runs a shop!" Lyra laughed. It was strange that some kind of super-hero could live a normal life. Well, I'm not one for comic books, so I wouldn't know how that worked.

"Well, time travel does make it easier." She said under her breath.

"Wait, what was that?" I asked. She scrunched up her face in an "oh crud" way.

"Nothing!" She replied quickly. "Um... oh, I wonder what he's doing in there." She looked at the Author.


So, I just entered that mare's mind, then I took a look around, for... that's right! The old her. Her old mentality. Hre mind was a mostly vacant cave, the first sign that something was wrong.

"A mind, and definitely a 20-something-year-old mind, should have way more in it than... this. This is just... empty!" I said to myself. "Well... on the bright side it should make it easier to locate what I need." I turned to look around. "I'm looking for a blocked off door or wing... or door. Don't ask me for specifics it's different for every-" I turned and realized that Lyra wasn't there. "Oh. I better get looking." I start walking, putting one hoof in front of the other. "Ok, door or gate, door or gate..." I stopped at what I saw. "Or... big abyss of darkness. That works too." A giant cloud of darkness sat in front of me. "I'm going in there aren't I?" I sighed. I took a few steps into the fog. Nothing bad happened, so I continued to walk into it. This was deffinatly the place to look for... whatever her name was, is.

"Hello!?! Is any pony out there?!?" I called into the emptiness.

"Nooo!" A voice groaned in reply. "5 more minutes!" The voice continued. I ran in the direction of it. Boy was I surprised when I saw a human, chained up and asleep on the floor!

"Oh. Hello there. You were definitely not what I was expecting!" I exclaimed excitedly. I saw her start to stir. "But that's good, unexpected is good and throws a little excitement into my life. So is my unexpected twist gonna stay there on the ground, or is she gonna wake up?" She then sat bolt upright and started looking around, until she saw me. Her eyes froze on me.

"Hello!" I waved to her.

"Where are we?" She asked, vacantly.

"Just your mind. So, do you want me to unchain you, or are you gonna go back to sleep?"

"Ummm..."

"I'll take that as an, 'Unchain me now doofus'!" I said, activating my magic. The chains vanished.

"We're in my mind." The girl clarified.

"Yes we are! Now, what's your name?" I asked.

"Diana, you?"

"I'm the Author, and I'm here to save you."

Author's Note:

Man did this take a while!