• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 673 Views, 6 Comments

Why I Fight - PeacefulKnightofChrist



Shining Armor prepares himself for war and says good-bye to those he loves.

  • ...
5
 6
 673

Children of a Fighting Race

Shining gave a content sigh as he buried his muzzle into the softness of her mane. He wondered if he could sleep without her scent, without the sound of her breath to lull him into dream land. She was curled into his back still asleep. The light of the sun filtered through the windows. It was probably around six. He was used to waking up at around this time. He slowly tried to remove his arms from around her only to discover that he was stuck. He pulled his hoof, but it wouldn't budge. Nor would Cadence. Cadence only murmured in her sleep. Her wings gave a little twitch.

Shining poked her. "Cadence? Cady? Honey Doll?"

She returned to the mumbling.

"Cady, I have to go now. Sorry, baby but you've got to wake up."

He returned to tugging his hoof then cursed her Earth Pony strength. And it was a well known fact that nothing short of a thaumurgic bomb blast would wake her up. Maybe not even that. She had once slept through the guards marching past her window while playing a bunch of loud, patriotic songs.

It was noon before she'd finally woken up. Shining sighed. "Maybe I can get the guards to help me out."

The idea of calling the guards to help him get out from under his marefriend didn't appeal to him. He lay back down and slowly began stroking her wings which brought out moans of pleasure. He smiled and continued. Then he brought his mouth down on her wings and sucked.

"Yai!"

She jumped from the bed and flapped wildly, hovering in air.

"Sh-Shiny! Don't do that to a pegasus without warning them first!"

Shining laughed so hard he fell from the bed. Cadence frowned at him.

"I'm going to get you for that!"

She pounced on him and licked his horn. He yelped. It was a little-known secret that unicorn horns were very sensitive and very ticklish. Her sucking elicited giggles from the trapped unicorn. He laid down on the bed and let her suckle his horn. Finally she withdrew her lips.

"Yum, tastes like cotton candy."

"Really?" He looked up at his horn so that his eyes crossed.

"Yep. What does mine taste like?"

"Strawberries."

"Really?"

He ran his tongue down her horn making her shudder. He continued licking and stroking her horn. Her body shivered as Shining continued his ministrations. She wrapped her hooves around his neck.

"This will be the last time for a while, won't it?"

Shining paused mid-stroke. "Yeah, yeah it will be."

"I love you, Shining. You weren't my first, but I won't you to be my last."

Shining placed a hoof to her lips. "I will come back. I swear it."

"If you don't, I want you to know I will never be with another. You are my last. If I can't have you by my side I want no one else. Maybe I will even follow you into death."

He lightly tapped her cheek. It would have been a smack if not for the fact that it was well-nigh impossible for a blow from a mortal to harm one of the Blessed Alicorns.

"Don't say that. Never say that." Shining said, caressing where he'd struck. "I want you to be happy. If that means letting me go so be it."

She leaned into him. "How could I, the Goddess of Love, ever be happy without my Beloved in this world?"

He kissed her forehead. "You are an Immortal. One day..." He choked up. "One day we will have to say good-bye."

She shook her head. "No. When you die I will forsake my immortality. We will be joined in death."

Shining placed both his hooves on her shoulders. "Cady, I appreciate the sentiment, but if I die on the battlefield I want to know you'll be happy. Promise me, please that you will try to find happiness with another."

"I'm not promising anything." Cadence said. "But I will try. For you."

Her lips met his. Together they fell back upon the bed. She anointed his body with kisses, leaving a trail of fire from his horn to his lower horn, baptized him with the sacrament of her passion. He cried out in ecstasy then flipped her over. He kissed her horn, her neck, traced his lips over the hills of her teats. Then he wrapped his hooves around her and kissed her neck before entering into her.

She shuddered and made those squeaking sounds Shining found adorable. They transcended time itself as they united again and again. He gave her the offering of his lips and his seed. She pulled him close to her as if she were thirsting in a desert and he was an oasis. Finally they separated though they kept holding onto each other as if they never wanted to part.

"I'm sorry I have to go." He said.

"Don't be. Don't be sorry my love. You are going to defend your home. One of the reasons I fell in love with you was because you live to defend the ones you love. Go. Fight for this nation."

He lifted her head to his lips and kissed her once more. Then he left to go to the Guard meeting.

...
Each morning the Guard met and said the Warriors Pledge of each tribe. Just as in battle formation it was arranged as Earth Pony in front with Pegasii and Unicorn behind them. It was a good arrangement. The Earth Pony Guard acted as a living battering ram. The Pegasii and Unicorn provided support, weaving weather and celestial magic to defend the Equestrian Royal Guard or to annihilate the enemy.

That Equestria had never lost a war was a testament to the effectiveness of the strategy.

Shining spoke with the rest of the Unicorn Guard. "We are Unicorns. Magic is the gift of our tribe. We pledge our magic, our lives, our souls, our honor and our very blood to the Kingdom of Equestria. In her Service we live, in her Service may we die."

As he spoke he thought of Cadence the one he loved. He thought of his little sister living and studying in peace. He thought of his family, his mother and his father. He prayed that they would never see war. He prayed that the enemy would never march down Canterlot's streets.

And he would die if need be to see peace reign in his native land.

Author's Note:

The title comes from the national anthem of Ireland (Soldier's Song.)
I'm running out of title ideas.

Comments ( 3 )

7581072 I have GOT to stop putting off editing this story. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is sex only being implied here as well?

Login or register to comment