• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 5,725 Views, 170 Comments

The Zerg of Equestria - Marsara



A woman goes to a store to get the final piece of her costume but gets sent to Equestria as a Zerg Broodmother.

  • ...
37
 170
 5,725

The Shadows of Zerg

“I’m sorry Paranoid but I can’t maintain the Hivemind with you from this distance until I regain more of my strength.”

“Just rest. I’ll stay in control of the Hive until you are ready, Marsara.”

‘Now to get those Sprinters back here… I wish I had more strength.’ With that I let the Sprinter’s go into homing mode, bringing them back to me. ’Oh shoot! I forgot to ask Dahaka what Displaced were. Oh well.’ Now back to getting this Hive back into shape for another attack. I don’t think Tia would attack knowing I’m free but you always need to be sure.

“Marsara. Can you hear me?” Said a voice in the Hivemind I knew all too well.

“Karshra! You're ok!” Oh the joy I felt knowing Karshra’s still alive. “Get here as soon as you can!”

“As you wish Marsara. Also, while you were imprisoned in stone. I made the Infestor strain.” I was surprised to say the least that she made Infestors. I didn’t have much time to ponder this as a vortex appeared. a see-through sphere the size of a ponies head. What seemed to be a floating Lightsaber and Scythe sparked with lighting. A male voice spoke out:

“Hello! You have been selected to join the War of Shadows! My name is Time Spinner, and two fellow human/Displaced are having at it. Crush the orb, and one or more of my assistants will explain everything you ask.”

‘Hm… Why not?’ I crushed the orb. As soon as I did, another vortex appeared, and a human stepped out. He had black hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. He wore a black trench coat, and black jeans, with black and white sneakers. He smirked.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“My name is Gabriel. But everyone calls me Sylar.” He said in a cold voice. “And you?”

“I am Broodmother Marsara. But you may call me Marsara.” I told him. “So what brings you here ‘Displaced’?”

Sylar chuckled. “I’m just a messenger… A guide, if you will… About the War of Shadows…” He tilted his head. “When you said Displaced, you acted like you’re not one yourself. Are you?”

I chuckled. “I am a Displaced, its just my brain is now half Broodmother half human. So I have the wit and skill to lead the Zerg like a Broodmother, but the feelings of a human. That was just my Broodmother side.” I told him, giving the short version. “But I am very limited when it comes to Displaced.”

“Knowledge wise?” He chuckled, “I can help with that...” Sylar turned to look around the area he was in. “Displaced are people who were tricked into taking an object by something called a Displacer. They are turned into whatever they’re dressed as, and sent to an Equestria. From Elements of Harmony, to Power Ponies, to… really, anything. They use things called tokens, or totems to call each others help… or… something else…”

“Can you tell me more about these ‘tokens’?”

“What’s there to tell? A Displaced uses an object that represents them, puts a message it it- not like a bottle. More like a text message, or a voice mail. Say what you want them to hear, and concentrate. Course you can always give it to me, and I’ll drop it into the multiverse. Then, it’ll just sail through world after world, replicating. Anything else?”

“Nothing that I can think of.” I turned towards a cocoon that died before it could hatch, picked it up and spoke my message. “To any who fight for family or against Celestia. I will aid you for I am Broodmother Marsara! Queen of the Zerg!” With that, I concentrated and a small portal opened up, I dropped the token into the portal as it closed.

“You’re a natural~” Sylar smirked. “I couldn’t do that for months… Guess full Displaced get an advantage… Anymore questions?”

“None to do with Displaced. But what is this ‘War of Shadows’?”

Sylar lightly slapped his face like he forgot something. “Right, the reason I came here. Two Displaced are rugging it out… I think that’s how you say that. Anyway, they are Lee Connors, Venom the Symbiote who fights for the innocent, and Folteren Johnson, Darth Revan the Sith Lord who fights for revenge… Summoning Displaced of both good and evil -though Lee gets all the good guys while Folteren gets the bad guys- to fight each other. You can bring your… Hive into it without endangering it, or yourself. It’s a harmless war, more of a game than anything else. I myself am joining Folteren’s side.” He paused. “The whole thing started after Lee attacked and injured Folteren’s daughter….”

“What your telling me is… Lee, protecting the innocent… Started a war after injuring Folteren’s daughter…” My brain went into a third personality, Family over-protection. My vision turned to that of blood red, the other Zerg started going beastly, and it felt like I was giving off an aura of hate. “I will gladly join Folteren against Lee.”

Sylar raised an eyebrow, “This is unexpected… But not unwelcomed… You’ll be the first I’ve met to join him. He’ll need all the help you can give him… Will that be all? Or is there something I can help with? I’m really good at doing dirty jobs...” His smile started to unnerve me.

“There is nothing unless you can intimidate Celestia” I fought with myself as I said the next bit. “Without hurting anypony else.”

He smirked again. “I think I can handle that, Marsara. Any specific messages?”

“Just that I will avenge my children… Even if it means killing thousands of her guards.”

“I thought you didn’t want me to hurt anypony… It’d make more of a statement if I killed at least a couple guards…”

My personality’s fought a war to see what the answer would be… The third won. “You may kill no more than forty guards. And no innocents.”

He bowed, “As you wish, Displaced Marsara.” He clicked his fingers, and disappeared in a puff of helium. A mirror stood in his place, and I saw inside a castle.

Two guards stood outside the throne room… How I knew that confused me, but I didn’t have time to think, and Sylar reappeared.

He was walking down the hallway to the throne room, with what I think was a butler.

One of the surprised guards asked, “What is that!? Why didn’t the guards stop him!?”

The butler stepped forward. “I’m sorry sir, I tried to stop him! And when I asked him to vacate the premises, he told me: fuck the police.” He paused for a second. “He then proceeded to tilt every painting on the way here.” Sylar giggled, before announcing.

“Hello, I’m here to see the Princess… It’s about a threat to Equestria…” He was hovering just above the floor, hands behind his back. His arms whipped his arms towards the surprised guards, and to my horror, the tops of their heads fell off with a shrill noise. “Me…”

There were a few other guards, but Sylar was already gone. The image on the screen changed to inside the throne room.

“What in Equestria!?” Celestia yelped. The guards at her sides jumped forward in a defensive position. I saw Luna sitting at her sister's side, eyes wide with shock.

“WHO ART THEE!?” Luna shouted.

“I’m Sylar… Gabriel Sylar… Though Sylar’s just fine…”

Celestia narrowed her eyes, “Why are you here Sylar?”

Sylar chuckled. “I’m here with a message from an old friend. Her name’s Marsara, I believe you’ve heard of her…” He clicked his fingers and a cup of pins materialized in his hand. He tipped it, causing a dinning noise. “Huh… It was so quiet, I heard pins drop.”

The sister’s glared, and Celestia gasped, “How- That’s Discord’s power!”

“I… got them awhile ago… But don’t worry, this Discord isn’t going to die...”

“Guards! Seize him!” Luna ordered.

The two guards that stood as a barrier charged at Sylar. They rammed their spears into him, and he grunted.

The guard to Sylar’s rights head snapped, and the other one looked up at the human in horror.

“I hear your heart… It’s beating faster than a-” He stopped. Then rubbed his temples. “I don’t have a joke for that… Well… I could say you’re screwed, but we both know that.” A wicked grin spread across Sylar’s face as the guard started coughing up blood. The Unicorn fell to the ground, hacking and wheezing.

“Now, where was I? Oh yes, I’ve come with a message from Broodmother Marsara… She’ll get her revenge for all the Zerg you killed… And I’m the start!” Sylar floated higher until he was halfway to the ceiling.

“Oh, and you’re fat...” He pointed to Celestia.

Royal guards ran through the door, and Sylar teleported right next to them. The nearest guard yelled, “What’s wrong Princesses!?”

Sylar waved, “I believe there’s an infestation in your brain,” His hands sparked with a glowing light. “Trust me… I’ll take it out!”

He placed his hand at the top of the poor guards head, then screams rang throughout Equestria.

Sylar winced, “Geez… I thought he was male… Must have been one of those transgenders… Oh well!” I saw the guards in the rooms faces mixed with fear, anger, and disgust at what Sylar did to their comrade, whose head had melted around his brain, which flopped to the floor with a sickening ‘sloop’.

I saw several guards turn tail and run, which Sylar ignored.

“Princess, your guards are supposed to be piles of steel… Why are they running? I thought they were supposed to not show emotion… You know what? I’ll have to teach them a lesson… Welcome to standing up school!” A burst of energy sent every guard toppling over. “And… You all fail… You are the worst sacks of trainees I’ve ever seen… I don’t think they’re breathing...” I could see on the princesses faces that they were disgusted by what happened. Other then that I couldn’t see any emotion.

“What are you? How do you have Discord's powers?” Asked Celestia, trying to keep a calm attitude.

“I don’t know what I am anymore… I guess human, but I don’t think I’m on that level of existence anymore. And I killed Dissy in an alternate world, looked at his brain, and copied his powers… I’ve done that with a lot of people…” A purple glow appeared around his hand, “Even your student… what was her name? Twilight Darkle? Sparkle! Ah, I never forget a face… I think I’ve gotten each of them Elements, it’s always fun messing with Sonic Rainbooms and the Stare…”

“Y- You said you had a message from Marsara?” Luna asked, looking like she was on the brink of trying to vaporize him.

Sylar seemed busy ripping out the spears, causing them to heal completely. He mumbled, “Uh-oh… That’s more than forty…” He shook his head, “Sorry, I was told to not kill too many… I think I might have killed more than sixty… You have way too many guards around here… Anyway, I said it, but you weren’t listening…” He then spoke slowly, as if to a naughty child. “Marsara. Will. Get. Her. Revenge. For. You. Killing. Her. Hive. There, got that? Or was I stuttering? I used to stutter…” He grumbled.

“Tia… Is there something I don’t know about the Zerg after We were banished?” Luna asked her sister.

Celestia sighed. “After you were banished, I took my anger out on the Zerg, thinking of them as mere animals after Marsara was imprisoned.”

“Oh~ I think she’ll want to have a word about that.” Sylar clicked his fingers again, and the sister’s seemed to see me. “Two way mirror anyone?” Seeing that Celestia could see me and probably hear me, I let out all the anger, and letting my third personality take over.

“YOU SELF CENTERED LITTLE BITCH!!! NOT EVEN TARTARUS WILL BE WORSE THAN WHAT I WILL DO!!! FOR I WILL SEE TO IT THAT MY CHILDREN ARE AVENGED!!!” My vision went red again and the other Zerg went even more crazy than before. “ALL THREE MILLION OF MY CHILDREN KILLED BECAUSE YOU WERE ANGRY ABOUT LULU’S BANISHMENT!!! I WAS STARTING TO THINK I SHOULD SHOW MERCY!!! BUT WITH THIS TRUTH I WILL SEE THAT YOU’RE KINGDOM LIES IN SHAMBLES!!!”

“You are so screwed…” Sylar sighed, shaking his head. “Even animals deserve a chance… All my respect for royalty is gone…”

“WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FILLIES WHO CAME TO SEE ME JUST BECAUSE I WAS DIFFERENT, BECAUSE I SHOWED THEM COMPASSION, BECAUSE I TOOK CARE OF THEM WHEN THEIR PARENTS DIED?!?!?! GONE!!! I WAS GOING TO SPARE INNOCENTS BUT NOW?! NOW ALL OF EQUESTRIA SHALL KNOW WHAT TRUE FEAR IS!!!”

“KARSHRA! GET HERE IMMEDIATELY AND SHOW ME THE INFESTOR STRAIN!”

“As you wish Marsara.”

“Marsara.” Celestia began. “I am so, so sorry about what I did. I know now that it was the selfish and cruel route. I beg for forgiveness.”

“Forgiveness??? FORGIVENESS?!?!?! THE ONLY FORGIVENESS I WILL GIVE WILL BE TO DISCORD!!! HE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD BE THE ZERG’S DEMISE!!! I WILL FREE HIM!!! AND WHEN I KILL YOU HE WILL BE THE RULER FOR ANY PONIES LEFT ALIVE!!!”

“Marsara, I can hear you from the castle, what’s going on?” I heard Paranoid ask.

‘It seems my anger sped up the Hivemind’s range.’ “We are going to war!!! Complete extermination of Equestria!!! Do you remember the Omegalisks?”

“O-of course, Marsara… As you command. The Castle of the Two Sisters base is near complete. Will be awaiting further orders!”

“Hate to break up this… interesting, reunion, but I must finish here and take my leave. Any last words to each other?” Sylar said from the other side of the mirror.

“I have no more words for this tyrant…”

“Please Marsara.” Celestia began again. “It isn’t too late to stop and turn back from this path.” I wasn’t having any of it.

“I WILL STOP WHEN YOU ARE DEAD!!!” And the two way mirror ended.

On the other side, Sylar was chuckling. “Wow… Just… Wow… I actually expected a lie to cover it up… you don’t have to worry about me anymore Tia… I’ll be out of this war, but I do have one thing to say… This isn’t the first world I’ve seen Celly mess up someone's life. In Folteren’s, you did pretty much the same way… Killed a friend, and he went mad with revenge… The scary thing for you, is that he was the one who won. You will regret this… the ‘good’ side doesn't always win… Light falls, and darkness takes over…” Sylar turned to the mirror, “See you at the War, Marsara! I can’t wait to work with you.” He glowed white, and the mirror disappeared. Instead, a photo of an eclipse. I heard Sylar’s echoed voice.

“If you need a psychopathic murderer who steals powers by examining the brains of my victims, then, sure, summon me… But… I wouldn’t trust me…”

I internally smirked. ‘I will avenge my children if it’s the last thing I do.’ Out of the corner of my eye I see a black shadowy ball floating near the Hive. But when I turned to look at it, it was gone. ‘Must have just been my imagination.’

{??? POV}

I watched from the roof of the cave as Marsara looked to where I was a second ago and thought 'I need to be more careful or she will see me before its time.' Thinking about what happened when Marsara crushed that orb made me decide that I need to meet with Time Spinner to make sure Marsara would be safe since it seems she hasn't put much thought into this besides that she needs to protect someones family. And this new development in her war with Celestia has made me see that I didn't save her from the fate that the Merchant planed for her. But it seems you were meant to go down this path. We will meet in the future… I just hope I can still detour you from this route...

Author's Note:

This was intense to write! But sadly I will not be working on this until September. I might write a chapter or two for a different story but this is on Hiatus until I get back from vacation. And Marsara is now up for crossovers! Until then I have a question for you all. What is this ' black shadowy ball' Marsara keeps seeing? What role will it play? Why is it concerned that Marsara might get hurt? Until next time everyone!

Also Marsara is now in the War of Shadows made by Bronyparasite.

"Geez Tia is screwed."

Discord... Why are you here?

"Well there's been no me in this story besides mentioning me imprisoned in stone and being reformed!"

*Sigh* You'll come later.

In that case *Snap* *Wherein a scarf, 3-D glasses, a fez, and a big blue box behind him* ALLONS-Y!!!

You've been watching my Doctor Who DVDs again haven't you?

No... *Tosses DW DVD case*

*Sigh* See everyone in September.