• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 3,982 Views, 172 Comments

A Forsaken Transhuman - Brony Parasite



Sometimes, the people we think we lost a long time ago, are not as lost as we think. Buttercup seeks to find her brother no matter what, even if its been a thousand years since she last saw him.

  • ...
31
 172
 3,982

Blossoming Shadow's

---Shadow Bonnie POV---

I smiled slightly as I looked down on my work, after finally completing my task after Shade had left. The product of my labor was a sword, made in the design of a katana and almost as long as I was tall. I had crafted it of the same alloy made into each of our own exoskeletons. It was near unbreakable, and was now sharpened to a wicked edge. I experimentally swung it, cleaving through the block of orichalcum I had collected to melt down later with ease. I smiled and took the blade and slide it down the top of my ribacge, and into the space pocket within my own chest. I felt a strange pull, as if someone was calling one of the few of my own token I had sent out after meeting Lance. I shrugged and allowed myself to fade away…

---Third POV---

Buttercup grumbled. The only book that told where the other girls were, and she blew it up…

“Everything I look at turns to ash… Funny…” All she did was throw it and glare, and it was no more.

She tried looking for another, but it seemed Celestia didn’t put more than one copy of a book in her library. How it even survived in mid condition was beyond her.

The raven haired girl was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard a boom. ‘Those Timber Wolves must be doing something weird...’

Buttercup was interrupted by three growls, she turned to find the Wolves all in crouched positions. She sighed, and stepped forward, “Bring it fido!” She tried firing a laser at them, but it didn’t work, “Crap!”

She ran as fast as she could and reached the throne room where she found a silver coin just sitting on the old throne. She picked it up as fast as she could and kept running, Timber Wolves still on her tail. She examined it. It was almost an inch thick and took up most of her palm. Emblazoned on it was a silhouette of a rabbit-like figure, and on the other side it simply had the letters ‘SB’.

Buttercup had no idea what it was, but that wasn’t her priority. The wolves had cornered her, and her powers weren’t working. She wished for help, anything at all. The coin seemed to let out a faint glow and vibrate, and suddenly it let out a massive flash, stunning both her and the wolves. When her sight returned a figure she recognized from a game her brother used to play stood there. It took her a moment to recall the name ‘Shadow Bonnie’. The figure was facing away from her, but it gave her a glance before turning back to the wolves. He seemed to reach into his own ribcage and withdraw a long katana from it. He lunged forward and diced all of the wolves to pieces in an instant, before gathering their remains in a bubble of nearly-black purple magic. Flames seemed to erupt inside the bubble, burning the wolves away. He turned back to her after placing the katana back into his chest. He knelt down to be closer to eye level with her.

“Hello little one.”

Buttercup was wide eyed, “U-uh… y-you’re Sh-Shadow Bonnie…” She mentally facepalmed.

He seemed to chuckle. “Yes, I am. And you are Buttercup the Powerpuff. I take it that you are the Displaced that summoned me?”

Buttercup was confused, she nodded, “I-I guess… But what’s a Displaced?” She tilted her head.





Buttercup seemed to brighten up, “Me and my brother were tricked! I haven’t seen him in forever though! But he was dressed as Venom, so he’ll be alive!” Her eyes seemed to sparkle like stars.



Buttercup nodded, “Lee. Lee Connors. I was Amber Connors.”

He nodded. “Well it is nice to make your acquaintance Amber Connors. I am Shadow Bonnie as you noticed but most simply call me SB to save time. So, what are you doing out here alone? Or are you here training with your abilities as a Powerpuff?”

Buttercup blushed, “My powers are kind of fizzling, but I will train. As for why I’m here, I’m trying to get some leads on where my friends are. They dressed up as Blossom and Bubbles. I know what happened to them, but I… I kind of destroyed the only book that had the location.” Her blush deepened. SB chuckled.

“Well alright. Hmm. It would be unfitting for me to simply leave you to go on your way with your powers in such a state. How about I do my best to escort you to one of them? ”

“Would I!?” Buttercup beamed. “I hate being weak, but having someone to talk to would be awesome. Haven’t talked to anyone but Tirek in forever!”

“Alright then. Hmm... So, did you have any leads from the book before it was ‘lost’?”

Buttercup nodded, “It said that Blossom was turned into a book. I guess Celestia has her or something. And Bubbles is supposed to be encased in crystal. I have no idea other than that…”

“Well for Bubbles it could be that she was placed by the Tree of Harmony here in the forest or at the Crystal Empire. For Blossom…”

SB seemed to hold out a paw towards her. She noticed that she seemed to flicker green for a moment.

“With luck her magic will be similar to your own in its properties.”

He stood up with a small blob of magic with the same color she had flickered with.

“I should be able to determine her location with the small dab of magic I borrowed from you, hope you don’t mind.”

He gained a look of concentration.

“Aha!”



“It seems that the book has been bound in chains tied to the Element of Harmony. I can break them, but it may gain Celestia’s attentions to something happening here.”

Buttercup shivered, “Darn it! I’m not at full strength yet.” She looked at the book closely, “Hey Blossom! I always knew you were thick!”

A female voice echoed, ‘Buttercup!? Oh, thank god!’

SB spoke up. “I have an idea for how to avoid Celestia’s eye. Ms. Blossom this may look somewhat weird, depending on if you can see.”

He reached out and picked up the book. He looked at Buttercup.

“This may also look weird to you as well.”

With his empty hand he ran his pointed finger along the side of his chest and drew it down his abdomen, and then ripped the front of his costuming off. Buttercup could see his full skeleton as well as a black void within his ribcage. He slid the book into the bottom of his ribcage and after a second a wave of golden light shone out. He pulled his arm out and revealed that the book as now covered in chains the same color as his magic. He set the book down and watched the chains snap and the book burst into Blossom’s form with a flash of light.

“I broke your chains within my storage dimensional pocket, that way the signal cannot be sent to Celestia as it would only bounce around. The chains of my magic were there to prevent you restoring your form and subsequently getting stuck in there.”

He reached down for the torn off piece of his chest and put it back in place.

Buttercup hugged Blossom, and vice versa. After a moment they broke apart, “How can we ever repay you?” Blossom asked.

He held up a paw. “No payment needed. Though it is customary to exchange tokens in case help is needed. You already have my own, and I can teach you how to create one. Though it can call a group it would require all of you there. In the mean time you can just as well produce your own individual tokens.” They both nodded, and Blossom gestured for SB to continue.

“For a token, usually a Displaced would choose an item, one that is relatively durable, that can represent them personally. Mine is a coin as my own choice, as it can remain obscure as I tend to. You can turn this chosen item into a token by focusing a bit of yourself into it, and then casting it out into the void. And if need be I can explain the void somewhat as well.”

Blossom and Buttercup smiled(Blossom’s being much bigger). Buttercup was first, she pulled off her backpack and pulled out a necklace with a Hammer at the end.

Blossom pulled a small notebook out of her skirt pocket. “Are these good?”

“Yes they will do. Now, pour a bit of your essence into them, and give them a message to bear. Something that others will hear when they find your tokens, that will give your intents whether for good or bad. And something to remember later, not all Displaced are good nor on your side. Some are villains of the worst sort, but others are heroes of the scale to oppose them. Simply be cautious.”

Buttercup spoke, “To all those who wish to fight injustice, and villainy. I shall aid your call! I am Buttercup, Spirit of Anger and Strength. And if you know a Symbiote by the name Lee, please summon me.”

Blossom took her turn, “To all those who wish to fight injustice, and villainy. I will hear your call. I am Blossom, Spirit of Knowledge and Wisdom. If you want to talk, or learn something, I’ll share what I know.”

The two smiled in triumph. SB nodded and then ran them through the steps of releasing them into the void, and the three watched them drift away. A copy of each landed in front of them, and SB took them and placed the necklace around his neck and the notebook inside his chest. He ruffled each of their hair.

“I suppose it is my time to be on my way. If either of you girls are in need then don’t hesitate to call on me.”

“We won't!” They said in unison.

“Thanks for freeing me.”

“And for saving me! I’ll be more careful.”

“Alright. And remember, there are Displaced that are not on your side. Many of them will be stronger than you, others weaker. Tread with care, but do not be afraid to make friends of those who are on your side. Farewell girls. And I’ll make sure to let you know anything I hear of your brother.”

With a final wave he disappeared in a pulse of darkness.

Buttercup looked at Blossom, “I think my brothers alive!”

Blossom hugged her, and said, “If he is, we’ll find him!”

---Shadow Bonnie POV---

I smiled as I reappeared home. They were nice girls. I wished them well and sighed in content, looking at the necklace. My first time off on my own, and I had done fairly well in my own opinion. I looked back up, now standing on the edge of town. I saw all of my siblings standing over the form of a fallen elder dragon, looking at me with manners expected of a dog which had shat on a rug and tried to hide it.

“...Why is there a dead dragon?”

Shade stepped forward.

“Heheh… Remember when I said I was bored earlier?”

Author's Note:

Crossover story: Sir Freddy the Golden. And special thanks to Archon the Manic for teaching another Displaced.