• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 406 Views, 0 Comments

Dr. Bobtail - DarkStarWolf53



Bobtail is a terrible psychiatrist, and his patients are even worse. Here's to hoping he has good insurance. He'll need it. And maybe a therapist too... (Tie-in to the AviaVerse stories).

  • ...
 0
 406

Bobtail and Sagebreeze

Bobtail cowers under his bed, trembling. He hears hoofsteps and cowers further, until he notices familiar cream fur with sage-colored vine-like markings.

The second pony lowers his head to the floor, revealing green eyes and two-tone green mane, cream fur, and even more sage-colored vine-like markings.

"Bobtail, my love, what happened?"

"Scary horses! Demons! Office wrecked! Scary scary scary!!!"

"Bobtail, I'm going to need some more words. Come on out from under there!"

"Nuh uh! Too scary!"

The cream earth stallion sighs and pushes the bed back some, making Bobtail visible.

The blue unicorn tries to rush back under, but is grabbed by his tail and dragged out.

"Sagebreeze, noo! I'm scared!"

The earth pony isn't able to answer, as his mouth is full of his husband's tail.

Eventually, he gets Bobtail out from his hiding place, and then puts his forelegs around the unicorn.

"Now Bobtail, please, tell me what happened."

"It was scary!"

"You said that. But what scared you? You know you can talk to your husband."

"A-a crazy horse unicorn. And Discord."

"Discord?! But why would he go after you?"

"He was after the crazy unicorn."

"Ok, I'll need more detail."

"A-a pinto unicorn mare charged into m-my office... Discord was after her..."

"Why would she go into your office if she was being chased by a demon?"

"Sh-she s-said sh-she w-was j-just coming in t-to catch her breath."

"That's not so bad."

"But she broke in my door! And she was taunting Discord! She was trying to lure him inside to fight!"

"Did she succeed?"

"Y-yes- destroyed my office in the fight- Discord tried to hypnotize me to eat me! Oh Sagebreeze, it was horrible!"

"Shh, shh, it's all right, it's ok..." Sagebreeze nuzzles his husband, trying to calm the unicorn down.

"No it's not!" the poor doctor is almost sobbing. "Oh Sagebreeze, can't we move away? To somewhere else? Where it's safer?"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard Zebrica is lovely this time of year... and with your being a herbalist, and the zebra shamans..."

"I don't know about living there, lover. There are large wildcats and wild dogs that might eat us. But maybe a vacation?"

"That sounds nice..."

"Indeed. But you have a patient tonight, don't you? A bat pony?"

"She can wait."

Sagebreeze sighs. "Oh Bobtail, how many times must I tell you? You will get fired if you keep skipping meetings like this!"

"I don't care. I want to get fired! I hate my job! I hate hearing other ponies' problems! I hate others trying to kill me! I hate it all!"

"But why did you take that job?"

"You see the mark on my flank? It's the symbol for psychiatry. What choice do I have?"

"What if it has other meanings?"

"Then I wish someone would tell me what they are!"

"I wish I could help you. But be that as it may, we both know that you and I are only living on your paycheck. Demand for herbalists is at a record low, so I haven't had work in moons..."

"I know," murmurs Bobtail. "I wish there was some way to get us both out of here to a better place. But we can't afford it yet, and if my insurance doesn't cover the damage from the demon and bounty hunter... I'm sorry I snapped at you, Sagebreeze."

"Shh, it's all right. I know you are under a lot of pressure. But soon we'll have enough money to leave this place!"

"You always know what to say..." Bobtail's voice trails off and he kisses his husband on the cheek.

"Of course," says Sagebreeze. "I'm always here for you."

"Thank you..."

"Shh... You better get back to work. That bat pony will be waiting."

"Ok. But once we get enough, we can move away from here?"

"Of course!"

Bobtail leaves, calmed down by this point, and heads back to his office.

Hopefully the damage will be possible to fix...

When he goes inside, his office has been completely fixed! There's a new expensive-looking couch, a new window, and everything's been cleaned up and organized.

"What?! How?!"

Bobtail's eyes are drawn to a folded note in the middle of his desk. When he opens it, the note reads:
We went ahead and fixed up your office- not sure if your insurance would have covered it. Sorry about the damage- G and I honestly didn't realize Discord would have followed me into a building! Good luck, you'll need it! Signed, S+G

The unicorn stares at the note for several minutes, not believing a word of it, then he hears a shy voice from above.

"Dr. Bobtail?"

The doctor looks up to see a pony hanging from the ceiling. He's so startled he moves to bolt again, but then a small bat pony swoops down and grabs him by the leg, making him fall.

"My name is Noctis. I'm here for the 9 PM appointment with Dr. Bobtail, and I'm guessing that's you, since you have a bobbed tail?"

"Oh, ahem, yes, that's me. Sorry for the unprofessional conduct. I didn't expect you to be on the ceiling."

"Hmph." The young mare hops on the couch and lays down, keeping alert, and Bobtail takes his seat across from the couch.

Author's Note:

Bobtail is married to an earth pony stallion named Sagebreeze. The reason Sagebreeze has the vine-like markings he does is he has some deer in him (in the AviaVerse, the deer have different markings to show their status- ex a herbalist would have swirling vines, a warrior would have thorn-covered vines, etc.) and one of Sagebreeze's parents was a deer herbalist, the other was an earth pony.

The card signed "S+G" is from Storm and Goldfeather from "Kingdom of Avia". They fixed up the office for Bobtail since it was kind of Storm's fault it got destroyed.

As you can tell, I am not a romance/drama writer.