• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 8,008 Views, 113 Comments

Rising Sun - New Dawn



Naomi and Landon are major fans of the Okami games. Upon finding two halves of Divine Retribution, they get sent to Equestria. Finding themselves as the sun god and goddess, they decide to have a little fun.

  • ...
19
 113
 8,008

Eight: Call the gardener!

“You mean we’re THAT early in the season?!” I shouted, tearing the vine around my waist with my mouth.

“A little help?” Landon deadpanned.

With a solid Power Slash, I managed to cut him down. Jumping down from my place in the vines, I picked him up by the skin of his neck and started to run out.

“Ok. Soooo…. What’s going on?” Landon muttered, breaking free from my hold and running alongside.

“Short or long?”

“Short.”

“Evil vines take over Equestria and now we have to find the elements.” I quickly drew a circle with a line and watched as a group of venus flytrap vines blow up.

“Oh…. Well, SHIT!” Landon exclaimed from behind me.

The rest of the run to ponyville was filled with giant killer vines and fly traps.


“HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEE?!~” Landon sang as we burst into the edge of ponyville. With shocked faces, the mane six look up at us, Minus one white-eyed Twi-Twi.

“Ok, Who invited the plants from PVZ and gave them steroids?” I deadpanned.

“Huh?” All the ponies muttered.

“Nothing…” I moaned.

“Er… Right.. So y’all know how to beat these here weeds back?” Applejack suddenly asked.

“No clue!” I shouted.

The ponies groaned as I used Power Slash to cut down a pair of unlucky ponies.

“Ahhhh! It’s my good friends Ammy and Chibi~!” A voice yelled from… somewhere.

“Yeah Yeah, Fuck you too Dissy.” Landon deadpanned.

In a burst of smoke, Discord popped into existence.

“Oh Don’t be like that!” He suddenly leaned in to my ear. “You’ve been meddling with the multiverse again haven’t you?” He chuckled.

“Just a few visitors, Didn’t Celly tell you about the anthro Luna that visited?” I whispered back.

He chuckled again and teleported away. I rolled my eyes and looked to where Twilight was staring at me.

“What?”

“You’re here… Because of HIM?!” She shouted, pointing a hoof at me then discord.

“... Can we discuss this later?” I nervously giggled.

She glared at me then turned to the rest of the six.

“Welp, I’m sure you all know what to do so… Bye~!” Landon shouted, running.

“LANDON! Wait….” I moaned, running after him.

“Hey! Amaterasu!”

I looked at Landon and sighed. “I’m going to have to deal with her… aren’t I?”


With about half the journey to the Tree Of Harmony, I looked up at the sky for the first time. Half day and half night.

“I… Probably should fix this.” I deadpanned.

“Let me try.” Landon insisted.

He closed his eyes and within a few minute I saw a shaky circle be drawn in the sky. After he opened his eyes, it crumbled to dust.



Landon sighed. “Welp, Lets go and wait for the elements.”

I nod and we continue our journey to the tree.

Which turns out to be just around the corner.

“Well. That was quick.” Landon commented.

“.... So, now what?” I muttered.

Landon shrugged as I beat off a vine with Tsukuyomi.

“Remind me why we did this?” I asked him.

“To avoid questions?” He nervously answered.

Power Slashing another group of vines away, I sighed.

“At a time like this, I’d expect you mutter something in Japanese.” Landon replied, jumping away from a venus flytrap vine… thing.

“The habit wore away eventually.” I simply answered.

“Still say something for old time's sake.” He begged.

I sighed and muttered “Kono yō na no baka…*”

“Wait… Baka means… HEY!” He shouted in anger.

I giggled and quickly beat off another vine.


By the time the Mane 6 got there, We were knocked down and out of breath.

“HALP!” Landon screeched.

“Shut. The. Hell. UP!” I roared, stomping a vine into the ground.

“Uhhh…” The familiar voice of Rainbow Dash uttered

“Are y’all ok?” Applejack drawled.


“... No.” We both groaned.

With a few more quick and well placed attacks, we managed to clear the area for now. It doesn’t stop the ones on the tree however.

“So where’s Twi?” I asked, calming down.

The ponies remained silent until Fluttershy spoke up.

“We.. uh… Sent her home…” She squeaked.

“...”

“Is there-”

“YOU DID WHAT?!” Landon shouted.

“We all thought it was for the best Darling…” Rarity argued.

“You sent the ONLY pony who could help at this moment… back to ponyville… which is HOW FAR AWAY?!” I shouted.

“Well DUH silly!” Pinkie shouted in return.

Slapping a paw on my face, I sighed.

“Baka…” I muttered before my eyes widened.

“DAMN YOU LANDON! IT’S RETURNED!”

With that response, Landon fell down coughing.

“A-anyways, Shouldn’t you go apologize to Twi-Twi?” I suggested.

The group responded with various “Yeah”s and “I guess…”s.

“And I’ll stay here and sleep.” Landon yawned.

“I guess we’ll stay here and watch the… tree.” I muttered in annoyance.

The mane… 5 looked at us and shrugged before walking off.

“Looks like we’re waiting for them to-... Why weren’t we killing vines this whole time?” I pointed out.

“... Well. Shit.” Landon stated as he looked at the vines around him.


A few minutes later…


I sighed as I struggled against my leafy and… planty prison.

“This is your fault!” I yelled as I tried to power slash out.

“Me? What’d I do?” Landon shouted from a few feet away.

“You- Never mind…”

“You want to do what?!” The voice of the ponies sounded.

The rest was blocked out but it continued for a few minutes until a bright light emitted from the direction the Tree Of Harmony was. Within a second the vines surrounding us disappeared back into the ground.

“About time!” Landon shouted, Stretching out.

“You- Er… What are they doing here?” Celestia’s voice came from behind me.

“We’ll… go now.” I stated, nudging Landon.

“Fine.” He muttered, walking out.

“Amaterasu?” I turned to see an ethereal pink pegasus staring at me… or Konohana.

“Konohana?” I spoke, turning around.

The pegasus blinked before giggling. “I’ve got to go… But I’ll see you sometime.” She looked at me sadly before vanishing.

“Who was that?” Landon asked.

“A friend.” I simply muttered, exiting the cave.


“We still have some daylight to burn.” Landon spoke up once we got back to our cave.

“I kinda just want to sleep…” I yawned.

“Oh yeah, What about that order we put for Rarity?”

I stopped in my tracks as I remember that order. The one I put in the day before Nicko and his niece visited. The one for sleeping mats.

“... SHIT!”

“I guess we’ll get it tomorrow?” Landon nervously muttered.

“You know what? I’ll do that.” I said before sitting down.

“So what now? We… helped save equestria, we… did nothing but fight really…” Landon trailed off.

“Jump through the mermaid springs?” I suggested.

“Ok.”

Author's Note:

This chapter used to be longer but most of it was unnecessary. I'll probably update this if I want to with more content.

Translations (I used google translate since I'm not very educated in Japanese so forgive any mistranslations):

Kono yō na no baka…: You are such a Idiot... (Or something like that. I'll edit it with a more accurate spelling if I get it.)

Baka: Idiot, Fool, moron, etc.

Sorry this took so long to write, so many things got in the- OH LOOK 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

*Shoots party cannon and runs*

Comments ( 10 )

Welp...season 4 starts now....and I'm still waiting for Orochi to show up.

6238280 I... Don't know if I will put Orochi in or not, but it's certainly an idea for me to think about.

Actually, if you do put Orochi in, have him just be this weirdly chill and calm serpent who spends his time traveling the world. He just happens to come across Ammy and co. one day, and just kind of says hey before going back to whatever. Completely throw Ammy for a loop while letting him show up whenever you feel like it.

6238360 Nah...this is a displaced fic...there has to be at least one threat that is related to the displaced...look if Orochi needs some reason to be chill just make it like Celly and Luna got a hold of him while they had a beef with Ammy...That will work...generally you should have Yami or what ever that orb thingy was at the end of the original okami as a threat then this should have a much better feel as it gives the displaced nature of adding additional problems for their equestria depending on the character thing going...it kinda why people do displaced fics, you can make the character more interesting by adding a few twists.

6238495 I like the idea of Yami being the local big bad. Now just need him to be altered to deal with Ammy and Chibi at the same time, plus the whole "never lost powers" thing. Like make it stupid strong or more manipulative, or make Yami the exact opposite of Ammy in powers and abilities.

i wonder if this one gonna stall like all the other fics i was looking up to...

Before I begin to read this I feel I must say, "You have my attention, as this is like only the SECOND Okami mlp fic I have seen. as such, and because I am such a huge fan of the games, I have high expectations for this story. But hey no Pressure!" :twilightsmile:

Its been a while since I've seen this. Has it been updated?

What a shame that this story is dead, it would of been nice for my Displaced in wolf form to visit your Displaced.

9007728
it's not been updated in awhile, but it's called by the light of the sun. I will pm you a link

Login or register to comment