• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 1,109 Views, 25 Comments

The Princess and the Sentry - Neroson40



Basically a prequel that tells how Flash lost his memories.

  • ...
8
 25
 1,109

And I Thought He Was Smart

Flash and I were playing a game of chess and, I’ll admit, he was giving me a hard time. He was a genius with this! Then again he was a soldier, so maybe this was standard. But eventually I did get checkmate. We read a few books, but then there was one that talked about an item called the Alicorn King’s Rock.

“Put that away,” He said. Then he picked up a book on chemistry. He focused so hard that I couldn’t even pester him about the Fountain.

“You’re not even reading it!” I said. Then he quoted the chemical makeup of a pony. “Okay, you did, but what’s so wrong with the Alicorn King’s Rock that you don’t want to talk about it?”

“My parents died because I tried to make one!” I shut up and didn’t talk about it ever again. He went back to the Crystal Empire a week later, when he said he felt good enough to go back. I was so worried that the very next day I went to check on him. When Shining greeted me first I was curious, frightened even, about the state of Flash’s health.

“If you’re worried about Flash, he’s fine,” Shining explained. “Right now he’s sparring with Dragon Scales in for his final test in Nagado.” We passed by the two subjects of our discussion, and I decided to cheer him on… right as he was knocked into a wall.

“Flash!” I ran to him checked him up and down as he slipped into unconsciousness. “Somepony help him!” medics came and took him to the infirmary. I waited for what felt like days. He still lay unconscious after a week. On the eight day, I left for Shining and Cadence’s room to cry on cadence’s shoulder.

“He’ll be fine Twilight,” she assured. “He just needs to rest.”

“But how long do I have to wait to say I’m sorry!?” I told Cadence what happened at the Library with the talk of the Alicorn King’s Rock.

“You shouldn’t have opened that book Twilight,” She said. “Creation of the Rock is forbidden.”

“I know that now!” I yelled. “But I wasn’t going to create it! I burned the book after I finished it, and tried to have a conversation with Flash about it, he said it brought back memories of his family! I at least owe him an apology for that!”

I’m sure Cadence would’ve said something to comfort me in that regard. But then Shining came into the room. “He’s awake.” He said flatly. “Twilight I want you to stay away from him for now.”

“What! Why!?”

“He’s only gonna hurt you.”

I should’ve listened. I should’ve went back to my room and stayed there, listened to my brother, stayed away… the biggest hint to this was his first words to me were “Who are you?”

Author's Note:

okay the prequel's done, rushed but done, now look forward to Final Flashlight.

Comments ( 1 )

Ummmm... I think rushed would be an under statement! Could of had more detail on the Kings rock thing. I still see potential in this story so keep trying.

Login or register to comment