• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 961 Views, 1 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Bad Company - Fractured Note



A battle between life and death as our travelers wander the wastes in search for something. What it is they find out in the wastes may surprise them, or kill them, you'll just have to find out.

  • ...
3
 1
 961

Ch.1 Hello Stable Boy

Fallout Equestria: Bad Company
Ch.1 Hello Stable Boy

BOOM!!! Red flashing lights and a loud siren screams through the dull gray hallways. A lone stable pony in Stable 2 engineer clothing is running down the halls. Bombs have put holes through the walls and left a gray fog hovering in the air.

“Mom?! Dad?! Hello?! Please, anypony?...” His voice was drowned out by the siren. He charged into an adjacent room hoping to find somepony. Unfortunately; he does. His father was pinned under a fallen steel door. “Dad! You're alive!” He started trying to lift the door off his father.

“Son, just go! You have no time! This Stable is going to self destruct any minute. You have to save yourself.”

“No, I will not leave you. Where is mom?”

“Your mother is dead, son. A bomb went off while she was running down the hall. She lived through the initial blast, but she died of her wounds. Her last words were to get you the hell out of here.”

Tears started to form in his eyes. “Dad, I can't leave you.”

“Son, get out of here now! Do you want to die? More importantly, do you want to disobey your mother? Even in the grave she'll find a way... And besides, I'm not going to be alive long.” The father pulled out and 9mm pistol from his gun belt. “I'm not going to die slowly or by an explosion. Trust me, I'm going out quick and clean.”

“No dad, you can't do that! I..I can get you out. Let me get help.”

“Son, by the time you get back I'll be dead and you may as well be because it'll be too late. I'm going to do this with you here or with you gone. I'd much rather know you are safe or as safe as outside the Stable is, than being in here where you will die.”

He slowly got up and moves towards the doorway. “Goodbye father” Stifling back a sob he exits the room. He starts to run towards the location of the Stable doors. Off in the distance he could here the faint sound of a gunshot. It sounded like a 9mm he and his dad use to shoot at cans when he was younger.


The Stable boy ran to the main Stable doors. The daunting steel doors were as tall as the room and seem to be sealed shut. It looked like they had recently been opened. He remembered the duo that ended up leaving a few months before. One of his favorite singers left, Velvet Remedy, and some crazed Pipbuck repair pony that chased after her. To the left of what seemed to be the control console were a pair of guards who seem to be in a panic. It looked as though they were trying to type in a code or something. It probably opened the door or at least that's what his expert detective skills dictated. After a few more seconds of arguing, they each pulled a gun out on each other and yelled “traitor!” then shot each other.

“Well, I guess I don't have to deal with them anymore.” He walks over to the console and examines it. The screen says that the door is ready, but it isn't opening.

“I don't have time for this.” He started pushing buttons and pulling levers. After a short period of time, he finally pulled down on a small bar lever and then the machinery started moving. “Finally! Luckily I'm great with machinery.” The door screeched open and he wasted no time going through. Scared as he was and stepping on bones of long forgotten ponies, he charged through and climbed up a set of stairs. He barely took note of his surroundings as he dashed out of what seemed to be a shed and ran away. No sooner did he get a good distance from the shed than an enormous explosion rocked the earth behind him. The ground shook rapidly and knocks him off of his hooves. He bit the dust and got a face full of dirt.

A single voice cut though the sound of crumbling wreckage. “Well, well, well; looks like we have ourselves a Stable boy.” There was a short pause and the sound of somepony landing was heard. “So what's your name son?”

In between coughs, he got to his feet and looked at this Pegasus pony. He had a banana yellow coat with a golden yellow and black mane and matching tail. He wore a smug look on his face. He looked like a douche. Probably because the sun was shining behind him and adding onto his look, he just seemed like a stereotypical ass.

“Name's Manuel Hoofstrong, but you can call me Monkey Wrench.” The Stable boy said, as he winced at the light of the sun, obviously not used to it.

“Yeah, I'll just stick with Manuel.” The smug pony replied.

“Whatever.”

“Well it looks like you aren't going home anytime soon.”

“No shit.” Manuel seemed to be getting irritated quite quickly.

“Whoa there. Aren't you just a bundle of joy.”

“My whole family is dead and my home is destroyed. I'm not in a great mood.”

“Jeez, if you don't get use to loss, then you won't last out here. Now that I think about it, I'll call you monkey. Why? Because you're crazy and flinging shit.”

“What? That’s ridiculous!”

A new voice entered the conversation. Manuel was surprised he didn't notice him walk up. He was a Unicorn pony. He had a white coat with black and blue mane and tail.

“What's with all the ruckus? Is Stable Boy freaking out already? It usually takes them a day before the monumental loss hits them like a train.”

The yellow pony turns to face what seemed to be his friend. “Hey, Fractured Note. You missed out on this amazing explosion. It was freakin' awesome.”

“Hey!” Manuel cut in shouting. “That was my home you're taking about!”

“Yeah, seriously Sentinel, this guy just lost everything. Oh wait; so did we. Sorry Stable Boy, but we has lost a lot out here as well. Pretty much everyone out in the wastes have lost something important to them.” Fractured Note took on a grave tone has he spoke those words.

“Hey Manuel” The yellow pony spoke out. “Don't get too down, we have to stick together to survive. But hey, my name is Thunderbolt sentinel and this here is Fractured Note. We've been traveling the wastes for some time and we are no strangers to loss. Besides you're new to the wastes and I think you need to learn a thing or two. I'd suggest you join us. We could always use an earth pony to help out.”

Manuel thought about it for a moment, but decided quickly it would be advantageous to get some friends to help out. It's not like he had any choice. “All right, I'm in."

“Awesome!” Fractured Note exclaimed.

“Why do I fear I'm going to regret this?” Manuel said under his breath. Loud enough so the others could here he says, “Well guys, what's first?”

The duo turned to him and gave a huge grin. Sentinel broke the silence shortly after. “Time for some fun.”

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment. Give a like if it deserves it! Love you all.

Also, this is based off of our Fallout Equestria game sessions. I have added a few things to change the pace and I doubt I'll be able to catch everything. My friends and I enjoy playing and this story just gives our fun to others.
Aren't we just so generous?

Edited by the wonderful Greycait.

Comments ( 1 )

Hey! I'm really enjoying this so far. Keep up the good work!

Login or register to comment