• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 1,437 Views, 37 Comments

The Father. - Fapman



This story is about love and friendship between a little filly, Twilight Sparkle and her, as it turned out, biological father.

  • ...
4
 37
 1,437

Before the meeting.

An orange light filled the room, thanks to the sun which had touched the horizon already. It was visible beyond the big windows the room had. It was a simple cabinet, but simple in a royal way and that changed everything. The furniture was wooden and sculpted, made in a manner which harkens back to the ancient masters of crafting. A red and patterned carpet on the ground helped provide some warmth to the room. And a ton of silk pillows of different sizes and shapes finished the view of true sumptuousness.

There were three pairs of doors that led to the room. The biggest one was a portal. They had gotten inside through it. And two smaller, but more beautiful pairs of doors flanked the opposing sides of the room.

A quiet sigh came out of Twilight Sparkle’s mouth as she changed her position in her deep sleep. She rolled over so she was lying on her stomach, babbling incoherent words on a comfy sofa but, thanks to the Stars, she didn’t drool like she sometimes did.

Golden Bullet looked over her and unknowingly smiled. She was too adorable in her father’s eyes. His hoof gently touched her head as he sat on the same sofa, avoiding the pillows. In his other hoof was the newest issue of “Equestria Daily,” which he had found on a table.
He sighed. A guard had said him that he can’t leave the palace because... Reasons. He hadn’t said why exactly, but it had to be something very important for the crown and state. That’s why it didn’t bother him at all. He could wait for quite a while as long as he and his daugher were hosted in a king’s standard room.

Next to the sofa was a table with fresh newspapers. He had taken his issue right from here. On this table were also three plates full of cakes, fruits and cups with different colours, which probably represented different juices.

But he was more than full. Back at the party Twilight had involved him in a simple game: the degustation. This idea had been born in her purple head when her stomach had been fully filled in consequence of sampling almost half of the cakes. She had made him continue her crusade-like mission of ‘trying all the cakes’ only by using one, simple, but always effective puppy face. Even if he hadn’t want to be the degustator, he had no heart to object to his little princess. So to the entertainment of idle spectators and his old mates he had obeyed and ate, a lot.

It hadn’t been embarrassing, even the part with describing the variety of tastes, because both of you were laughing aloud with every sample. Now he knew that he would be very a bad degustator. Every cake was like heaven in his mouth and after three or four little pieces he had to stop to feel taste. Nevertheless the cakes were truly the best he had ever eaten.

In the end, the veterans and even a couple of other ponies had showed some mercy upon him by joining the game and helping him out. Even some noble white pony with a blue mane and his pink mane marefriend participated in Twilight’s game. It took the rest of the ball, and before anyone involved in the game had realized it, the party had ended.

In those circumstances they hadn’t been able to achieve their first daughter-father dance, but it didn’t bother him. Her birthday was not far off. The dance could wait, unlike her gluttony. Especially when Golden Bullet knew after whom she had inherited that.

After the palace party had ended, ponies rushed like a wild element filling the already full streets, causing a second, bigger and unofficial party. But the two of them hadn’t. Two guards accompanied Golden Bullet and the absolutely tuckered out Twilight Sparkle, to the room. One of them, an older one with silver eyes, had said, “Be prepared for a visitor in no time. Meanwhile, make yourselves at home.” Both of them had saluted, and Golden Bullet had responded in kind. Since the guards had departed, they had occupied the room for about two hours.

The little filly sighed again, pushing her body up and down with a deep breath, then rolled around on her back with all hooves directed to the ceiling. Her sleep was deep, and her dress was, much to his surprise, still cakeless. Pristine. The corners of his mouth slightly rose up as he eyed the newspaper again.

No one came in. The sun was getting even lower than before. He read the “Equestria Daily”. Unfortunately, there were no small ads, but some bad political jokes* and a half-way filled crossword let him to kill some time, passing his focus to Twilight every time she moved falling deeper into the pillow.

*“What do you call a uni-corn who is against the pony union? A rebel-corn! Ha, ha, ha!”. It’s not the publisher’s fault that the most talented wit had died in the war by being cut into steaks. As the publisher said, a stupid joke about blunt griffon talons that he had said too loud in a trench, had nothing in common with his sudden and painful death in griffon talons. It was a mere coincidence.


Celestia marched through her private chamber. Recollecting her day while a magically floating brush combed her mane, which was perfect already. But she didn’t notice.

She had tried to run away and prepare herself for the meeting just after her speech, but it had turned out to be impossible. In spite of her intentions she had to meet three rich noble ponies. They were truly wealthy ones, and since the post-war society counted influence by owned bits, they were also politically powerful. They had insisted on private auditions, what was a pain in flank, but she had endured it.
Every one of them donated a decent amount of money on a different social program. Celestia knew that they hadn’t been entirely sincere when they had explained their personal reasons, but the money didn’t stink, and they were good and caring citizens of Equestria, even if they didn’t take more active roles in the war.

She had showed them her gratitude, smiled to them, laughed with them, and finally spent a fast dinner with all of them. Thank the Stars that they didn’t bitch about it.

But it had finished an hour ago. Since then she hid in her private chamber, trying to lie to herself with inventing new problems with her appearance. After the third round of making her mane, the brush was about to land on a shelf, but she started another round.

What are you afraid of?’ her own voice rang in her ears, rousing the selfsame tension she had to barely managed to forget.

Her gaze focused at the locked door. Her internal voice which was usually happy working as her conscience woke up accompanying the feeling of air bubbles in her stomach.

Celestia hesitated. The question still echoed in her mind. “I’m not afraid.”

Yes, you are and don’t even try to lie to yourself. We are the same. I’m a part of you. I know you better than you and you know that I’m right,’ the voice said.

The brush enveloped in a magical aura flew through the room like a spear, but it was an act of hopelessness. Celestia knew that the voice was serious. This voice showed up in less than a century after Luna…

“I…” she stopped. Took a breath and continued, “I’m maybe a bit afraid of them.”

You’re the princess. They should be afraid of you,' the voice persisted.

“But I don’t want them to be scared of me!” Celestia yelled, cutting the tension like with a knife. Her eyes opened wide as she felt freedom from the balloon inside of her. And then she realized that.

I can tell a lot about them, but to say that they were scared of their ruler would be a lie. So trust me, I’m you. They don’t think you are a monster. Your sister on the otherhoof…'

“Enough!” it was her order. The conscience listened to her. Celestia closed her eyes trying to think.

It was true. She knew that, deep inside. She was scared of the possibility that they wouldn’t like to meet her. To talk with her. And she needed that, without knowing why exactly. And she was even more afraid because of some unknown reason that she didn’t know. Shame hit her once the realization set in. It was impossible for the princess to be so internally unstable. She was the stone, she was the pillar, she was the wall. Then why did her legs tremble?

Maybe Golden Bullet was a bit ashamed of his daughter’s behaviour but those two made her feel… something. Even though she was an observant mare, she didn’t know why exactly. Everyone knows that feeling but she was the princess, it didn’t behoove her.

Don’t worry, it will all be fine. Before you know it, them and the tension they cause will be gone-

“But I don’t want them to be gone,” had ejaculated out of her mouth before she stemmed that. It was her voice, and not only her. It was a mixture of her own one and inner one.

A solemn hush fell along the room. Her ears burned. Her rump met a pillow. Why she had said that? What exactly did she meant by that?

Her eyes met a mirror. Her reflection was as beautiful as always, her multi colored mane was floating by itself as if the room was caught in a slight breeze. But of course there was no wind, it was magically moved.

She touched her snout and smiled a smile she had learned a long time ago as she had made eye-contact with her reflection. It was a gentle smile. A warm one, but trained. That made her feel sick. Her own face was untrustworthy to her.

Her stomach was heavy. She wanted to ask ‘what now?’ but the only one who was in the room was her. As always. No one had came to her chamber for a long, long time. Even the guards were afraid of her. Avoiding her. She was losing it and the voice affirmed her of that. Yes, after the voice accomplished its mission it fell into the void, like the conscience does after making its bearer feel terrible.

Celestia finally knew what to do, but she wasn’t very happy with taking risks. It was a riddle for her for now, but with every second that passed, she was more ready to solve this.

As she moved to the door a burden made of concerns and fear became lighter with every step taken. Her conscience was right, they hadn’t been afraid. They were too pure to be afraid. Not like Celestia. She could talk with them normally, she hoped as she almost hit the guard behind the door.

The faces of the guards were stoic as always. They both bowed as Celestia stopped.

“Orders, princess?” one of them, a green one said.

“No, but thank you. I’m going to meet my guests, you can stay here or even go on a break.”

“Thank you, princess, but it’s our duty to make sure you are safe.”

That implied someone would like to attack her in her own castle in the middle of her own country. That was ridiculous and almost impossible. Almost.

She smiled slightly, “Thank you. Let’s go then.” After that they departed to a meeting.

Comments ( 15 )

And, um. What do you think?

can't wait to see where this goes

Cant wait for more love this story :heart::twilightsmile:

6036007
6032961
You eager me to write... Thank you.

I enjoy this story hope to read more soon

Give me momlestia plz:pinkiehappy: like right now:flutterrage:

i know i commented on this chapter before and i am sorry to bug you i was just wondering if by any chance you know when you might post next chapter :fluttershysad: i understand that life can get in the way and i don't want to rash you or anything i just asking if you don't know that is okay and take your time on making a grate chapter:twilightsmile:

6499139
O-Ok. I'm gonna sit down at this and just do it. I didn't know that someone really want this to be continued. : 3

Good night! <3

6499396 good to know thank you for letting me know and also sorry if I made you feel like you need to rush you don't need to rush I just really like this story and I really like to know what happens next I'm sorry if I sounded mean or anything like that

Sorry for bugging you but I was woundering why you put this story on hiatus it wasn't on hiatus the last time I looked on this story so I'm just woundering?

6703557
I will to continue this when my grip on the language will be better. I don't want to bug my previous editor as much as I used to because he is kinda busy with life right now. I have some other stories to write, too, (in plans) but I focus at learning english. As probably you know, it isn't my native tongue and, to be honest, I am pretty dense when it comes to english.

However, knowing that someone actually likes my story makes me feel better, and I used to feel like shit recently, so I will... reconsider continuing it, if that is what you really want from me, friend.

6704041 I really like the story and would love to read more and keep asking at times. But at the same time I don't want ro force people to keep going just because I'm focring them. Shier I'll ask if and when they will update and give them some idles on how to gwt out of a wrighters block. But that is as far as I go if you don't want to work on it it is fine.I might be upset about it. But I'll be even more upset if you foces your sel to wright something you don't even want to do. So it is up to you.

Ps. Sorry for any bad spelling I have a reading and wrighting disabilty got better on my reading but spelling no so much.

hey how have you been?

Hey how has it been?

Really sweet and adorable story

Login or register to comment