• ...
 0
 479

Force Duel

The darkness will consume all it touches. Stars will burn black. Everything...ends.


It was the middle of the night, as a mysterious cloaked figure walked along quietly through the streets of Ponyville. It suddenly disappeared into the shadows as a squad of soldiers walked by, their rifles armed and ready. Tensions were still running high after the attempted Clawdite invasion of Canterscant, and the military forces of the Equestrian Alliance were still watching for infiltrators.

After the patrol passed by, the figure stepped out of the shadows, heading towards the shop on the other side of the street. It slipped inside, failing to trigger any alarms. It began to ransack the shelves, looking for... something.

"May I help you?"

The figure tensed, whirling around suddenly. A human wearing a plaid polo and the ancient style of pants known as "jeans" stepped back in surprise.

The shadowy figure seemed to relax, so the proprietor of the shop stepped forward. "I've got rare and unique items. A set of Mandolorian beskar crushgaunts, some cortosis-weave vibroswords, an ancient Jedi holocron..."

The figure gestured towards a display stand. There stood a fiberglass container, which contained an amulet. The amulet consisted of an image of two red lightsabers crossed in combat.

"Ah, yes. The Dark Talisman. A very powerful artifact, made by the infamous Emperor Sombra - or so it is said."

The cloaked figure gestured once more at the artifact. The proprietor suddenly felt a nagging desire to give the Dark Talisman to the figure. He quashed it, wrapping his hands around the container.

"I'm afraid it's too dangerous to be sold."

The figure didn't respond to this; instead, it threw an old-fashioned pouch on the counter. It opened, spilling miniature gold bars.

The gold, coupled with the nagging desire still in his head, made the proprietor give in. "Would you like that gift-wrapped?"

As it left the shop with its newly bought purchase, the figure's cloak shifted, revealing twin lightsabers hanging at its side. It walked onward, turning into a blind alleyway. Then it spoke.

"Alright, Jedi Master Twilight Sparkle, time for some revenge."


Jedi Master Twilight Sparkle awoke to the sound of screaming.

She leapt out of bed, summoning her lightsabers using the Force. She hurried downstairs, her Jedi robe silently billowing around her. She grabbed her assistant Spike, a young dragon, from his bed, practically dragging him along.

"What is it, Twilight? Another Clawdite invasion?" Spike asked, groggily rubbing at his eyes with one hand as the other found itself grasped firmly in Twilight's hand.

"I don't think that the Clawdites are attacking, but beyond that, I don't know."

Twilight arrived at the Ponyville Archive's front door. She opened it, leaping onto her favorite speeder bike, which had an extra seat installed for Spike's convinence. Spike climbed into the backseat, and Twilight gunned the engine, accelerating from 0 to 200 kph in mere seconds.

As they headed downtown, Spike asked her, "Do you have any idea what it is?"

Twilight reached out with the Force. "It's full of hatred and anger...directed at me?"

"That can't be good."

Twilight suddenly opened the throttle to full, catching Spike by surprise. "WHOAAA!!!!! Why are we accelerating so fast now?"

"It's hurting random people!! Currently, it's tormenting Rarity!"

"WHAT??!!!"


Jedi Knight Rarity was not amused. This unknown interloper was currently shredding one of her fashionable vacuum suits to peices.

"You fiend!" she shrieked, as she thumbed the activation switch on her gem-encrusted lightsaber and threw it in one elegant motion at the intruder. The blue blade hummed, as Rarity used the force to guide it to her target.

The stranger gestured, and Rarity felt the blade being ripped out of her telekinetic Force-grip. It reversed course, and she used the force to leap out of the way. It flew past her, scything through the door of the shop that Rarity had been standing in front of.

Rarity gritted her teeth. Using the force to enhance her speed, she ran at the cloaked figure. They'll pay for the destruction they have wreaked on my hometown.

The figure held up a hand, and Rarity flew backwards. She did a backwards somersalt and landed on her feet, skidding several meters before she came to a stop.

Before she could do anything else, a stream of Force lightning came at her. She attempted to resist, but it coursed through her, causing her to scream and arch her back in incredible pain. Then the darkness closed in, and everything went black.

The crowd gasped, and Applejack narrowed her eyes. "You'll pay for that", she stated as she drew her trusty, customized blaster and fired in one rapid, smooth motion.

Five blaster shots moved near the speed of light. The stranger raised its hand, and the blaster bolts harmlessly bounced off of it, deflecting into the surrounding buildings. Before Applejack could react, her blaster wrenched itself out of her hand, flying to the mysterious figure, who pocketed it.

Twilight pulled up on her speeder bike, and leapt into the air. Executing a triple aerial somersalt, her lightsabers flew to her hands, their green blades igniting in a brilliant shade of green. She came down, her blades slashing at the cloaked interloper.

Her slash was blocked by twin blades of orange, but the stranger had forgotten to account for Twilight's momentum. It fell backward, but it used its fall as an opportunity to unleash a powerful kick that used both feet at Twilight, flinging her away. It somersalted, landing on its feet.

Twilight's momentum carried her backwards towards a durasteel wall. She bent her legs, absorbing the impact, then used the force and pushed off, executing a frontal flip that enabled her to land on her feet. She looked at her opponent, who stood quietly. The crowd held its breath.

"Who are you, and why are you terrorizing the inhabitants of this town?" she demanded.

"Ah yes, Twilight Sparkle. Just the person the great and powerful Trixie wanted to see", it said as it threw back its hood.

The crowd gasped, and Twilight said in surprise, "Trixie?"

Trixie's eyes glittered coldly. "Indeed. Let's talk, Twilight Sparkle."

Author's Note:

This is chapter 5, which corresponds to episode 5 of season three. I will finish/update this chapter at some point soon in the future. For now, just read and enjoy.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment