• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 2,707 Views, 19 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: The NightMare's Return - MaggiesHeartLove



Before Korra stopped Kuvira, she had to confront another friend who has turned to the darkness. But will her compassion, for once, be her downfall?

  • ...
8
 19
 2,707

Ignite the Flame that inspired delight

*(~)*

1 Corinthians 13:7~

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

*(~)*

Ignite the Flame that inspired delight

Outside of the library, everyone hoped back onto Goldie and bid their goodbyes to Wan Shi Tong. “Thank you for your help.” Mako said to the owl spirit.

“Thank nothing of it. I hope you save your friends in time.”

Korra smiled in return, “Me too.”

“And thank you for allowing me to keep the books.”

“Next time if you want to add something new to your collection, feel free to ask okay?” Korra winked.

“Of course.”

“Let's go, Goldie!” the dragon bird flew ahead towards NightMara's castle. It was now or never.

(~)

NightMara who smiled wickedly as she watched them through her orb. “That's right, princess. Come to mama.” Twilight sadly observed form her prison. She silently prayed that her friends would be able to save her….her and Asami.

(~)

Meanwhile, in Republic City, people were all in their homes trying to keep themselves warm from the harsh sudden winter. The sky was now completely cold and snow was beginning to fall everywhere. The sun was now a pitch black. President Raiko was in his office, pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back. He had done all he could do, now the rest was up to the Avatar. The doors opened and Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Queen Leilani came in.

“Raiko, we've managed to get everybody in the city warm and safe inside their homes." said Celestia, "I've created fireplaces for each of them.”

“Thank you, your highness. Now all that's left is for the Avatar and the Elements of Harmony to succeed.”

“I am sure they will, sir.” Luna said hopefully.

(~)

“You sure we're not lost?” Bolin asked as they continued their journey.

“Twilight's element is close by.” said Applejack.

“Okay, even if she was how are we suppose to find her and Asami in all of this spirit jungle?” right after he asked, Goldie suddenly stopped in mid air, causing the fiends to jolt forward. Their eyes all widened and Bolin's jaw dropped…there in front of them on the edge of a cliff stood NightMara's sinister dark castle.

The place was as tall as Sato Estate, looking so much like a nightmarish styled mansion, decorated with spikes, black thorns and bat wings decorated the top of the tower, giving it an even more menacing atmosphere.

“Found her.” said Mako, not taking his eyes off of the terrifying building.

Goldie landed near the tall palace and everyone jumped off. Aiwei had never been more terrified in his life. Seeing this, Opal placed a hand on his shoulder in sympathy, "You wait here Aiwei." he nodded his head in response. He wished he could help but without his bending he was powerless.

Korra and Fluttershy petted Goldie's head, “Thank you so much for all of your help, Goldie.” said the yellow pegasus.

“We'll call you when we need you.” Korra instructed. Goldie nodded before flying off. They all looked at the dark castle, it was so creepy Rarity was shaking in fear.

“Nice decor…if you're into evil and creepy!”

“Well, what are we waiting for?”, Flash attempted to fly right into the palace until Korra stopped him.

“Wait! Remember the plan. You guys get Twilight while I deal with NightMara.”

“No way are we leaving you to fight that friend stealer alone!” Rainbow Dash said.

“It's the only way for me to cast the memory spell on her." said Korra, "When I give the signal, you girls get your Elements ready.” They all nodded in agreement and Korra took a deep breath before walking up to the sinister looking doors. She tried to knock but was hesitant. Seeing Asami turn into a monster was scary enough, now she needed to face her again. She prayed that they would be able to save her and Twilight before it was too late.

“Knock…." said Pinkie Pie, "Just knock….why isn't she knocking? You think she remembers how to knock?”

Korra finally placed her knuckles on the door and it creaked open, slowly. “Oh. Okay, that's even creepier.” she said. One by one, they stepped inside, Opal cringed at the sight of the decor while Fluttershy and Rarity held each other close. Spike remained by Flash Sentry while Bolin walked in bravely along with his brother and the Avatar. Aiwei remained outside.

Once inside, they found themselves at what appeared to be the throne room. The decor was wide and grand with dark colored walls and sinister gargoyles, standing on pedestals, were added around the room, each one more terrifying than the last. At the corner stood a pointed black throne with navy blue pillows and thorns sticking out from the sides. Surprisingly, despite its sinister black coloring and sharp edges, the home did look familiar.

“It looks just like Asami's place." Mako said, "Only, you know, more goth and not very welcoming." He walked to a freaky bat-rat gargoyle statue and gave it a weird look before it briefly came to life and snarled at Mako, making him yelp and back away, “I rest my case!”

“Guys!”

Korra looked around to find the source of the voice, “Twilight?”

"Glad you could make it." everyone gasped once the NightMare Queen emerged from behind the throne, with Princess Twilight trapped within the floating spear.

“Twilight!”, Flash quickly flew towards her but was then zapped away by NightMara, causing him to land on the floor.

“Flash!” Twilight cried out. Mako and Pinkie rushed over to help him.

“Took you long enough.” NightMara said smugly, "What do you think of my new pad?" she sat smugly on the throne while crossing her legs, "I'm thinking about making the whole world look like this. Kind of an improvement, don't you think?"

“Cut the garbage NightMara!" Korra said fiercely, "I held up my side of the deal.”

“Yes you have. Of course, what to expect from the noble and honest Avatar?”

“Enough! Let go of my friend and you can have your duel!”

“How will I know you won't just fly away the minute I do?”

Korra placed her hands together and bowed in respect, “You have my word that I won't.”

NightMara arced an eyebrow, “Eh, it won't make much of a difference. You're pretty much dead already.” with a bored expression, NightMara tossed the orb on the floor with the flick of her hand where it broke apart, allowing Twilight to break free and instinctively morph into her anthro form. Once free she quickly ran towards her boyfriend, who held her tight and spun her around.

“I thought I'd never see you again!” Flash said as he held her close.

“I'm glad you're here, Flash!” The rest of the group joined in the hug and Twilight began whispering in Korra's ear, “Korra, NightMara's been watching you. She knows what you're planing.”

Korra looked fiercely at NightMara and whispered back to Twilight, “Stay with the others. Don't worry, everything is going to be all right.” Twilight kissed Korra's cheek before returning towards her opponent.

“Awwww, how touching.” NightMara said sarcastically as she stood from her throne. Korra stood up tall and confident as she glared at NightMara. “Alright, Korra. Come with me.”

She flapped her wings and Korra followed. They headed towards her balcony, overlooking the foggy abyss down bellow. NightMara's eyes started to glow white and she moved her hands swiftly. From down bellow in the misty fog a bunch of fierce and dark colored pointed rocks grew upwards. NightMara lowered her arms and her eyes stopped glowing.

“This will be our battlefield. What? You didn't think I would make this easy, did you?”

“I wouldn't want it any other way.” Korra said confidently.

“AHAHAHA! That's the right attitude!” She quickly flew down to their "battlefield" and hovered on the left side. Korra hovered on the right. All the others ran outside and see the girls ready to start their battle. “Bet this brings back memories, doesn't it? Two powerful beings fighting for the fate of the world. Light vs. Dark!”

“You won't win NightMara! I'll make sure of that!”

“I'm betting Asami has been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. After all the pain and suffering you've caused her, this will be her ultimate triumph. And her triumph shall be my greatest power!”

Korra snarled at the villain, “Don't you dare talk about her that way!”

“You know it's true. Face it, you never were a true friend to her.”

Korra then heard Mako calling her from the cliffside, “Korra! Don't listen to her! She's just trying to psych you out!”

NightMara rolled her eyes and scoffed, “Eh, honestly, I don't know why you put up with him. Or any of them for that matter."

“That's enough!" Korra exclaimed forcefully, "You want to talk trash about my family, or do you want to duel?”

“Fine. Me first.” in a flash, NightMara quickly unleashed a powerful blast at Korra who flew out of the way in the nick of time.

Pinkie Pie was wearing a Korra cap and waving flags and shouted, "Go Korra! Show that wannabe who's boss!”

Bolin looked down sadly at NightMara, “I hope your plan works, Korra”

Korra's hands glowed and unleashed a powerful fire blast erectly at NightMara who flew away in time to avoid it. Korra earthbended the rocks around them, hovering them around her before kicking three at NightMara. She avoided the first two but was then hit by the third. She crashed into one rock, groaned and looked angrily at Korra. The Avatar smiled smugly.

“Give up yet?”

NightMara's eyes glowed white with furry, her hands sparkled and stroked Korra with a powerful blast. The Avatar cried out as she sent flying backwards into a rock, the top half broke apart and fell down to the bottomless fog. Korra hung on to the piece of rock that had its tip cut off and stretched her wings to make them flap.

“Oh, I can't watch!” Fluttershy covered her eyes with her hands but then peaked through them, unable to resists the temptation of watching. Korra grunted as she found the strength on her wings to fly again, but wobbled slightly in mid air.

“The duel's only just started and you're already getting on my nerves!” NightMara mocked before she used her magic to levitate some of the rocks and lunge them towards the princess. Korra, surprisingly, remained still as they came at her. At the right moment she blasted the rocks away with an icy blast. The cold wind from the spell blew against NightMara, causing her to shiver from the cold. Korra smiled cockily at NightMara who growled in anger and annoyance.

The others were waving pompoms while cheering, both the ponies, Spike, Flash even Mako and Bolin. “Rick 'em, rack 'em, rock 'em, rake! Throw some magic at that snake!”

NightMara snarled at them, “STAY OUT OF THIS!!!!!

Pinkie waved a tiny flag with a bored tone, “NightMara, NightMara, she's our girl if she can't do it----GREAT!!!!!

Korra's eyes widened as NightMara lunged at her with glowing hands. Korra shielded herself with two force fields around her wrists. She kept it up as NightMara continued to punch her force fields, trying to break through them. But Korra had not forgotten her plan. She needed NightMara as close as possible to activate the spell.

“Getting tired, NightMara?” she mocked.

“Not--“ She punched Korra's force fields, “--on--“ she punched again, “--your--“ with each punch she grew angrier and stronger, “--life!”

Before she could throw another punch, Korra kicked her in the gut, causing her to fly back. “AH!!!!”

“Sorry, Asami. But it's for your own good.”

Korra unleashed a powerful blast and NightMara screamed while she fell into another rock. She groaned and fell unconscious in mid flight. She then began to fall but Korra quickly levitated her in the nick of time. As she rose the unconscious NightMara, Korra placed her index finger on NightMara's forehead. Her own forehead star began to glow, activating the memory spell. NightMara's eyes snapped open as some of Asami's memories started to flow back in into her mind. She could already feel the young heiress from within fighting to resist her. She couldn't allow that to happen.

“NO!”

“AHHHH!” Korra screamed as NightMara pushed her away from her, breaking the spell's hold. NightMara shook her head to forget those disgusting moments while Korra struggled to maintain her balance in mid air and rubbed the place where NightMara had punched her.

“I knew you would try and pull a fast one with that memory spell. Even if it did work, there is no way I was going to let this one get away like I did Luna! Asami's body is mine!”

“I've never given up on you Asami." Korra stated, "And I'm not giving up on you now. If you won't get out of my friend, NightMara….” Korra's hands burned with fire, “I'll take you out of her myself!”

“Your magic is powerful, I'll give you that. But let's see how you handle yourself without it!”

Korra and NightMara both simultaneously lunged at each other. This time, fighting in hand to hand combat. They kicked and they punched without remorse, NightMara even pulled onto Korra's long hair and she in return punched NightMara once again hard in the gut. NightMara even attempted to claw Korra's eyes out with her sharp nails, ultimately scratching the side of Korra's right cheek, missing the side with her cutie mark.

Pinkie Pie coached her from the sidelines, “Punch on the left Korra! No, the right! Now the left! No, your other left!”

“Pinkie!” Everybody shouted.

“What? Too much?”

The fight continued on while Korra kept on avoiding many of NightMara's attacks while NightMara avoided Korra's. Korra got the chance and punched NightMara hard in the face.

“OH! That's gotta hurt!” said Pinkie Pie as she winced at the sight.

The impact had already left a bruise on NightMara's left cheek. Angry, she used her dark nails to scratch Korra once more, this time scratching her arm and tearing a piece of her shirt and on the side of her ribs.

“That's a fowl!!” Twilight shouted angrily.

“BOOOOOOOO!” shouted Spike.

Korra grabbed hold of NightMara's hand and hurled her down, kicking her in the gut and punching her face once more, sending her flying to land supper hard on the stone that had its tip cut off. She nearly fell but hung on to the edge. Korra prepared to strike her with a large rock she bended over her head…but then stopped…..this was still her friend, she couldn't allow herself to do this. NightMara's wings flapped and she flew after Korra, who flew away from her.

“Oh, running away now are we?” NightMara zapped in Korra's direction as she zigged and zagged all around the rocks, Korra eartbended one rock that shielded NightMara's path. She simply blasted it out of her way and kept zapping at Korra until finally….

“AHHHHHHH!”

Korra felt an incredible pain on her right wing, it was like one of her nightmares….Her wing was injured and she could no longer fly. Fear filled her very soul as she felt her body fall from the sky.

“KORRA!!!!”

Twilight wasted no time as she flew down to Korra, assisting her friend and bringing her back up to where her friends were at. The alicorn helped Korra to the ground, but the impact had taken a lot out of her and she kneeled down while Mako and Twilight remained by her side. The firebender inspected her wing, which was terribly injured. NightMara descended in front of them, laughing in victory. It was all over now.

“Well, well, well. It looks like I won by default. The Era of Harmony is over! From this day forward, the night shall last FOREVER!!!!” NightMara's smokey hair grew as she laughed while flapping her dark blue feathered wings in victory.

Twilight Sparkle stood bravely before her, “It's not over yet!”

“Oh, please." NightMara pointed to Korra who winced in pain from her broken wing, "She can't fly and is too weak to fight. She has nothing left.”

Applejack stood beside Twilight “She has us!” the others rallied beside them. But NightMara simply laughed.

“AHAHAHAHAHA! Awww, this is too rich! You really think you have the power to defeat me? The Queen of all darkness?!”

“Yeah we do!” Rainbow Dash said bravely.

“Your precious Elements couldn't do anything, and your little plan didn't work either. What makes you think anything else will?”

In an act of desperation, Mako turned to his brother with hopeful eyes, “Bolin. Talk to her.”

“What?”

“Tell her what's in your heart. Try to tap into the Asami we all know.”

Bolin looked up at the nightmare queen, but deep down he knew Asami was still in there somewhere. He needed to reach her somehow. He needed to find the Light inside of her. He stood up tall and approached her. NightMara arched an eyebrow.

"You're kidding. You're kidding, right?"

Bolin stood firm, placing his hand over his heart and spoke words of truth while Opal, clapping her hands close to her heart, eagerly awaited what he had to say to the lost heiress.

“Asami, I know you're in there. It's me, Bolin. Your friend."

But NightMara simply chuckled in amusement, "Foolish boy. You think you can bring her back to the light?"

"I know I can!" Bolin said confidently, "Asami, listen to me…I'm sorry for hurting you, I never meant to do that, honest. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you."

Suddenly, NightMara's expression slightly softened, but there was still a wickedness sparkle in her eye. Bolin needed to try harder. "I know you've been hurt by a lot of people on your past and you have every right to be angry, but you also need to know that you're blessed too. You have friends who traveled all the way across the ocean, faced two dangerous spirits and a fog of lost souls just to get to you." the more he spoke the more NightMara's villainous spark faded, but she still had a strong grip on Asami. "I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you…please, give me a chance to make it up to you." this was it, it was time for him to tell her how he truly felt.

"Asami…I love you."

NightMara gasped as if she had just risen from the ocean and needed air. His words were like an arrow that shot her through the heart, and the Asami deep inside heard every word.

"It's true, Asami." Opal spoke up, "If I had truly known how you and Bolin meant to one another I never would have come between you. I'm truly sorry for putting you through that, but it's okay because I see the truth now…you two were meant for one another, and nothing can change that. Please forgive us, and please come back."

“Don't listen to NightMara, she's trying to take away your happiness." Bolin said, "I know you can fight her.” with hope in his heart, extended his hand towards her, "Please come back us…come back to me."

It was working, the darkness holding Asami was weakening. For a moment, NightMara closed her eyes shut and once they reopened, they were no longer blue with cat-like slits, but clear green, bright and beautiful.

"Bolin?"

It was her voice, her real voice. Bolin kept his hand up, reaching for her. Slowly, and with a shaking hand, Asami tried to reach him…but NightMara was not giving up without a fight. Asami closed her eyes shut as the memory of Bolin and Ginger kissing flashed in her mind, reminding her of the heartbreak. Asami quickly clenched her head, crying out in pain, trying to break free of NightMara's hold.

"No! Leave me alone!" she said from within, but NightMara's grip continued to hold on as both her and Asami's voices came out from the same body.

"You will do as I say!" NightMara said demandingly, "Obey me now!"

But Asami was fighting back as well, and fighting hard, "No! Let me go!" it was literally and internal struggle as the one woman body continued to clench her head and yank on her own hair, trying to dominate the other. Finally, NightMara managed to overpower her.

"Fine! If you won't obey then I'll just get rid of the problem once and for all!"

While still in dominance, NightMara zapped at Bolin and Opal simultaneously. In a blinding blast, the others shielded their eyes and once the light dimmed everyone gasped in horror for there stood both Bolin and Opal….

Completely turned to stone!

“Bolin!!” Mako couldn't believe it. His brother, his little brother…was gone. This could not be happening.

Aiwei himself felt like he would collapse at the sight of Su's daughter now a cold statue. “No…”

Rarity's eyes became teary as she approached the earthbender, “Boly?”

Korra's eyes teared up as Mako walked over to his brother and touched his stone cold face. Tears rolled down his eyes and anger took shape. Seeing the sadness in her friends' eyes caused Asami to briefly lower her defenses, reluctantly allowing NightMara to take control once more. Asami's heart was broken again she was weak to fight.

“Did you really think some pretty words would be enough to save Asami?" NightMara said cockily, "Like I said; She's mine! Ahahaha, AH, HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Mako's face became tense as he looked angrily at NightMara. His hands burning two shimmering flames. “You...YOU MONSTER!!!!” he charged at NightMara with flaming hands, ready to attack her for harming his family. Just as he was about to strike, NightMara unleashed another magic blast at Mako. In a blinding light the firebender fell back onto the ground, his body now petrified. His body now cold stone just like Opal and Bolin.

Korra's heart broke in two, “MAKO! NO!”

Flash flapped his wings and angrily speeded to NightMara, “THAT WAS MY PARTNER!!!” NightMara slapped Flash down and on the ground and he quickly turned into a cold statue too!

Twilight's heart broke as well, “NO!”

“Give it up! Nothing can stop the darkness now. NOTHING!!! AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!” as she laughed, NightMara's powers grew and her laugh shifted from evil to pure insanity.

Spike stood by the ponies, shaking in fear, “She's going crazy!”

“NightMara stop this!” Korra begged.

“The Elements!” said Twilight in a moment of desperation. But NightMara simply smiled her signature wicked smile, which was now a smile of pure insanity.

“HAHAHAAH! What good would that do?! My powers are now stronger than ever before!” Korra and Twilight both shoot magical blasts at NightMara but she easily distinguished them, “See what I mean?”

She unleashed more blasts aimed directly at them. The others tried to defend themselves, but NightMara's attacks were far too powerful for them to keep up. In a short amount of time, Spike was turned into a statue. The Mane Six looked at her fiercely and charged. One by one they were all petrified: first Fluttershy, then Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and then Rarity. She was going too fast for Korra to stop her. She tried to use her magic but NightMara's last hit took a lot out of her. The queen of darkness turned to the weak Avatar and her fellow alicorn. Aiwei took a stick from behind the tree and charged at the creature, but just like the others, he too shared their fate of becoming stone. NightMara's eyes shifted to the remaining princesses.

“And now for you two!”

Korra tried to stand up but Twilight stood before her, creating a force field around them to shield them from the impact. However, even that wasn't enough. Once Korra opened her eyes she gasped in shock at the sight of the Twilight statue. The forcefield wasn't strong enough to protect them anymore.

“Twilight! Oh, no, no. Please no.” Korra began to cry at the loss of her friend and NightMara kept on laughing as she insanely unleashed her powers everywhere. She was so distracted by her fun that she didn't realize she had accidentally hit one of the towers of her palace.

“It's over, Princess Avatar!!”

As Korra prepared for the worse she witnessed the tower about to collapse…right on top of NightMara. The villain was far too occupied in her insanity to even acknowledge it but Korra refused to lose anyone else today. With the amount of strength she had left she got up on her feet.

“Why bother getting up? You really are pathetic! AHAHAHAHAHA!”

Korra wobbly stood up, her left wing broken badly, as the tower was coming down without NightMara taking notice, until the air of something heavy was felt around her and she looked up. Her eyes widened in fear as the large building came in closer and closer.

“Look out!!!”

With the amount of strength she had left, Korra bravely lunged herself at NightMara, pushing her out of the way before the tower landed and crumbled before them. The dust cleared up and Korra coughed as she struggled to stand, her ribs hurting while dragging her heavy injured wing. She leaned against a tree trunk as she sadly looked upon her stoned friends. She had failed them. She had failed Asami. She had failed everyone. She slowly got down on her knees, to tried to do anything else before collapsing.

NightMara roughly stood up as well, groaning from the impact and saw the exhausted Korra before her. The Avatar opened her eyes, her vision blurry as she saw NightMara approach her with a wicked smirk. The last thing she saw was darkness and all NightMara saw last was the statue of the fallen Princess Avatar.

It was over. She had won. The Elements of Harmony were gone and snow started to fall all around the spirit world. Her wintery curse had finally arrived here, and not a moment too soon. She had won. Looking upon her fallen pray she laughed.

“Ahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA--AHHAHA--AH, ah,---“ but, suddenly, her laughs slowly shifted from maniacal laughter to…loud hysterical crying.

Asami from within finally allowed her grief to come up to the surface and kneeled to the ground, sobbing and crying so loudly nearly the entire spirit world could hear her. Her eyes reverted back to green and tears fell from her eyes. She sobbed before the Korra statue laying on the ground. The one who had saved her despite everything she had done while under NightMara's hold. She still saved her. Her heart broke once more when she saw Bolin's statue. She got up and walked towards him, caressing his face.

“Bolin. I'm so sorry." she sobbed onto his chest, "I'm sorry for everything. Please, please come back to me, all of you…." more tears fell from her eyes as she said the words she had wanted to say to him for so long. "I love you."

Just as the words left her mouth, the snow around her stopped falling, remaining frozen in place before changing from black to pure white. Asami looked around in confusion, still crying over her loss, when suddenly the snow began to swirl around her body and she felt a great pain in her chest. It was NightMara, becoming consumed with the love Asami had for the ones she had lost and the love from both Bolin's heartfelt words and Korra's sacrifice. Those symbols of love began to overpower the dark queen, causing her to scream in agony as the white snow swirled rapidly around her. The snow glowed as it swarmed her and Asami released one final cry.

"GET OUT!"

NightMara's eyes turned pitch black as the dark mist emerged from her eyes and mouth, exiting Asami's body. As it did, Asami's body began to change; her skin lost its black tone, her boots, wings and armor disappeared and her dark dress turned green and her misty hair returned to normal. The mist rose upwards, vaporizing into thin air like smoke. Asami got down on her knees and breathed heavily. She was free.

The snow around her fell upon the statues of her fallen friends, making contact with their skin, and each snowflake that landed caused a piece of the stone to disappear. One by one, the snow purified their bodies, bringing them all back to their original forms. Even when the snow fell to the ground, it completely disappeared.

Korra's eyes fluttered open and she suddenly felt her power returning. She didn't feel pain anymore, she felt…peace. She was relieved and her wing no longer hurt. Her scars and wounds were gone and her wing was completely healed. She slowly stood up and Asami saw her struggle to stand.

"Korra!"

The heiress approached her and assisted her friend, who was no longer stone. Korra couldn't believe her eyes, her friend was back to her normal self again.

"Asami!" without wasting a second, Korra embraced the heiress in a sisterly hug and Asami returned the embrace. "You're back!"

The Mane Six and Spike examined their bodies and smiled with glee before hugging one another and welcoming Twilight back. Flash shook his head, rubbed his eyes and saw his beautiful girlfriend standing before him. The two embraced in a loving hug. Aiwei was back to normal as well and Opal was amazed to see him back as well, and even Mako. The two noticed that Bolin was rubbing his head and Mako quickly hugged his brother.

“Bolin! You're all right!”

Bolin returned the embraced and his eyes shifted to Asami, who had ended her hug with Korra. She could still hear his voice speaking those beautiful words, so filled with truth and love. Mako allowed his brother to approach the heiress but instead of walking, they ran towards each other. Their faces beaming with happiness and Asami wrapped her arms around Bolin's neck, resting her head on his shoulder and his arms wrapped protectively around her waist, swirling her around. At long last, they could hold each other without having to hide how they felt. The two looked into each others eyes, Asami placed her hands on both sides of Bolin's face and collided her lips with kiss. Bolin kissed her back with the same amount of passion. As they did, Korra spotted Mako, free from the stone spell and also ran up to him. The two held each other the same way Bolin and Asami did before sharing a passionate and loving kiss.

Once both couples ended their respected kiss, Asami couldn't help but cry, "Bolin, I'm so sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to--" she was suddenly, but happily, interrupted when Bolin kissed her once more.

"You don't have to apologize. I'm the one who should have told you the truth in the first place. Can you ever forgive me?" Instead of answering with words, Asami responded with yet another kiss, which was only one of the first of many in the future.

“ASAMI!”, Asami was suddenly tackled by Pinkie Pie, in pony form, who hugged her tightly, “I missed you soooooooooooooo much!”

“I missed you too, Pinkie Pie. Can't breathe.” Korra helped her up and the two friends held hand and they gripped each other's hands, “Korra, I can't believe you risked your life for me like that."

Korra smiled in return, “Of course I did…that's what friends do.”

Asami felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful friend. No, to have such wonderful friends. Even Mako embraced her in a hug. "It's so great to have you back, Asami. We really missed you."

"Good to be back, Mako. I missed you, too."

"NOOO!!" They all turned around and saw a black mist shaped in the form of a woman with glowing white eyes. “This isn't over.

Korra stood in front of her while crossing her arms, she wasn't scared at all. “Actually, it pretty much is. In case you haven't noticed...you don't have a body anymore.”

NightMara looked at them in fear as Korra's eyes, star and wings began to glow as did the ponies' eyes and Elements of Harmony. The dark queen scrammed in fear as the rainbow emitted from their bodies and started to surround her, her body turning gold as the Light consumed her.

"NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!………….” In a flash of light, NightMara was gone. This time for good.

NightMara's evil castle disappeared into thin air and the the physical world, people in Republic City started to feel warm again. They looked outside and witnessed the sun shine bright again and the snow stop falling. President Raiko and the alicorns hugged as they watched the sight. In the Southern Water Tribe, people cheered as the sky cleared up and sunlight returned. Tonraq smiled proudly. Even in the spirit world the snow stopped as the skies cleared up as well.

“Happy ending!!” Pinkie Pie said happily as she floated with balloons tied around her waist.

“Actually, there's still some unfinished business.” Korra said as the balloons all simultaneously popped on their own. They all looked at her surprised. "The Crystal Heart is still cursed."

"But, we defeated NightMara." said Rainbow Dash, "Shouldn't the curse be broken by now?"

"I thought so too. But after the spell broke on us I felt that there was still a piece of NightMara's dark magic at the Crystal Empire. We have to stop this winter."

Spike jumped up, "Well then what are we waiting for?"

Korra placed her two fingers into her mouth and whistled, calling for Goldie who came almost in a flash. Everyone began mounting him, in a hurry to return to the empire. But one person remained.

"Aiwei, aren't you coming?" Opal asked. The man shook his head.

"Witnessing everything you all did for your friend made me realize how foolish I was in the past. I thought I could return to the physical world and redeem myself, but I think my time there is over."

"What do you mean?" the young airbender asked.

"I finally found my own calling. I shall remain here, in the Spirit World, helping to share the message you all taught me today. Perhaps that is what why I was allowed to leave the fog of lost souls. Besides, I've already began to feel at home here. Thanks to you all and your kindness, I feel liberated."

Korra jumped off of Goldie and bowed in respect to Aiwei, who returned the gesture. "You have my blessing, Aiwei. Oh, but before you go, there's something you'll be needing." with a wave of her hand, Aiwei's body began to glow brightly. Once the brightness diminished, he noticed his body felt somewhat heavier than before.

"If you're going to be staying here, might as well be whole." Korra said with a smile.

Aiwei felt the skin of his body and sniffed his cloths a bit. "Still smells like the Misty Palms Inn."

"You know, there is an old friend of mine who lives around here." Korra said with a smile, "I'm sure he'd be more than happy to meet you, and teach you about friendship. Plus, he makes the best tea."

"Thank you, Princess…for everything."

(~)