• Published 15th May 2012
  • 26,708 Views, 1,613 Comments

How Every Shipfic Would Actually Happen - TheOnly



A realistic view on shipping fanfics

  • ...
140
 1,613
 26,708

FlutterDash

"What's going on?" asked Twilight, trotting up next to Fluttershy who gazed off into the sky.

"I'm just watching Rainbow Dash fly," said Fluttershy, keeping her gaze towards the sky. Twilight looked, too, and saw Rainbow Dash doing flips and tricks, flying as fast as she could through the clouds. Fluttershy's pupils danced around her eyes, following the pegasus as she tore through the sky.

Without warning, Rainbow Dash went into a nose dive, her eyes being filled with tears as a small cone formed around her.

"She's going for the sonic rainboom!" commented Fluttershy, bringing her hooves to her mouth. It wasn't everyday that Rainbow Dash attempted a sonic rainboom while free-flying.

As she ripped through the air, Rainbow realized she did not have enough space between her and the ground to perform the sonic rainboom, so she pulled out of it as quick as possible. However, as she pulled out she flew straight into a tree, flying straight into the mess of branches and leaves. After a short bit of rustling, she fell out of the tree, a few twigs falling with her.

Unluckily, Rainbow Dash landed on her side and her left wing was crushed beneath her weight. Fluttershy gasped and both her and Twilight galloped over to check on Rainbow Dash.

"Are you hurt? Is anything broken?" asked Twilight, lifting Rainbow Dash off of the ground and back onto all fours.

"I'm fine," croaked Rainbow Dash, spitting a leaf out of her mouth,"My wing is just a little hurt."

She looked behind herself and saw her wing, it was crooked. She stopped moving in horror, looking at her broken wing.

"Oh feathers! I broke my wing!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash, stomping a hoof on the ground. "There's no way I'm going back to the hospital," she said.

"But Rainbow Dash," started Fluttershy,"You have to get your wing fixed."

Rainbow Dash looked at her wing, and then back at Fluttershy. "You take care of injured birds, right?"

"Yes," said Fluttershy.

"Then you can fix my wing."

"Oh... Well, I mean, I could, but-"

"Great! Let's go back to your place and get this wrapped up. I want to be back in the air as soon as possible."

Fluttershy watched as Rainbow Dash trotted toward her house. There was no use in arguing, so she reluctantly followed, unsure if she could actually help Rainbow Dash with her broken wing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two ponies arrived at Fluttershy's cottage, Rainbow Dash complaining about how she had to trot the entire way. Fluttershy quietly listened like she always did.

They entered through the door, trotting into the quiet room that housed multiple animals and their families. As Rainbow Dash trotted in, the mice scurried back into their holes, scared by Rainbow Dash's loud voice.

Within a few minutes, Fluttershy had Rainbow Dash's wing wrapped. It took every last spool of it that she had, since it was only meant to cover the area of a bird wing and not a pegasus wing, but it worked.

Afterwards, Rainbow Dash laid down in Fluttershy's bed, resting her broken wing.

"I'll be back in a minute with some food," said Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash simply nodded and allowed Fluttershy to leave the bedroom. Bored out of her mind, Rainbow Dash looked around Fluttershy's bedroom, observing all the pictures and objects that sat on shelves.

After waiting for about five minutes, Rainbow Dash finally heard Fluttershy's quiet steps come close to the bedroom door. She entered carrying a bowl of hot soup. She sat beside Rainbow Dash on the bed and blew on the soup, the steam moving away for a short second.

Rainbow Dash looked up at Fluttershy as she blew on the soup, and she felt a sudden impulse run through her mind. It was time.

"Fluttershy," said Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy looked at her friend, placing the soup down on the bed. "Yes?"

"I... I want to tell you something." Rainbow Dash paused, taking in a deep breath. "I love you."

At first Fluttershy's eyes grew wide and she jumped off of the bed, staring with bewilderment at Rainbow Dash. The abruptness of the declaration had startled her to the point where she had forgotten that the soup was still on the bed, and as she jumped off of the bed it fell to the ground, the bowl breaking and soup going everywhere.

The crack of glass souprised Fluttershy for a moment, but she got her peas of mind back. Fluttershy's beautiful rug was covered by it, but it was souperseded anyway.

"Is it... is it because I'm helping you with your wing?" said Fluttershy, hoping that Rainbow Dash meant "love" as in "like a friend".

"Yes," said Rainbow Dash,"The sole reason I love you is because you are mending my wing." Her voice did not waver, she was being sincere.

"Do you mean like a friend?"

"No Fluttershy," said Rainbow Dash. She pulled close to Fluttershy's ear, and in a low, raspy whisper, she said,"I want to do dirty things to you."

Fluttershy gave a long blink, trying to process what exactly was going on.

"Well, don't you think that we're a little... too different?"

"What do you mean?" said Rainbow Dash, sitting up in the bed and throwing the blanket off of herself.

"Well, I mean... Well, you like to fly fast, and I don't, you like to do tricks, and I don't, you like to play pranks, and I don't, and you like to race, and I don't. And you also are really loud, and-"

"Fluttershy, what are you talking about? Just because we're different doesn't mean we can't love each other." Rainbow Dash smiled, and Fluttershy smiled back. They embraced, Fluttershy avoiding Rainbow Dash's broken wing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days had passed, and Rainbow Dash's wing had healed right up. During that time, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash grew in their relationship. Ever since it had started, it had consisted of Fluttershy coming to the bed and talking with Rainbow Dash as she healed.

Now that the wing was all better, Rainbow Dash could get up and move around again. Both of the ponies were overjoyed that they could finally move forward with their relationship.

They sat in Fluttershy's cottage, Rainbow Dash's bandages lying on the floor a few feet away.

"So... " started Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy kicked a hoof at some invisible sand on the floor, unsure of what to say or do.

"What should we do?" said Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy remained silent for a moment, her head drooped towards the floor. After a moment of silence, she lifted her head and looked at Rainbow Dash.

"What do you want to do?"

"Well, the Wonderbolts are having a race in Canterlot. We could go to that."

"That sounds noisy, and fast."

"We could go to a restaurant."

"Sure, which one."

"Any restaurant in Cloudsdale is good for me."

"But I hate going to Cloudsdale. I like it here on the ground."

"We could go eat at Sugar Cube Corner."

"Pinkie works there, didn't you want this to be private."

"You're right, Pinkie Pie and privacy don't mix. We could always tell her to leave."

"I couldn't do that to Pinkie Pie."

Rainbow Dash sighed. "We could just start making out, right here, right now."

"Rainbow Dash!" exclaimed Fluttershy. "There are baby animals here."

"Well then we'll wait until they're all asleep."

"Some of them are nocturnal."

Rainbow Dash groaned. "Well then we'll go to my house instead!"

"But you live in Cloudsdale, and that brings back bad memories for me."

"We can make out on the streets of Ponyville for all I care!"

"But... But people may be watching us," said Fluttershy, shivering at the thought.

"Then what do you want to do, Fluttershy?"

"There's a butterfly migration today, we could watch that. The extra slow ones are flying through this time, so we'll get an extra long look at them."

"No."

Fluttershy frowned.

"Fluttershy," said Rainbow Dash.

"Yes, Rainbow Dash?"

"I'm leaving now."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

And nothing sexual happened.















Isn't that souper.