• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 779 Views, 12 Comments

Maud and Pinkie double date - Beware The Carpenter



It's high school. Maud and Pinkie Pie will double date Soarin and Prince Sombra. This will be fun.

  • ...
5
 12
 779

1 - I believe in love

Too frilly.

Change.

Not frilly enough.

Change.

Did this dress make her butt look big?

Undress.

Wait! Some guys liked girls with big butts.

Re-dress.

Was Soarin one of those guys?

The doorknob turned, causing Pinkie to flip vertically as her heart beat the top twenty love songs ever written, then collapsed and breathed into a paper bag to calm herself down as she catapulted down the steps before Maud had finished opening the door. “Did-you-see-him-what-did-he-say-was-he-excited-did-he-smile-did-he-smell-nice?”

Maud blinked, “Yes.”

Pinkie swooned, collapsing onto the couch in a fit of giggles. Soarin was the cutest, warmest, nicest, fastest, cutest, strongest, sweetest, cutest, funniest, cutest, cutest, cutest colt Pinkie had ever seen, and ever since she had seen him walk into their classroom for the first time she just knew she had to be his marefriend.

But she was shy!

Too shy to talk to him directly because whenever she just got close to him she froze on the outside, while on the inside she just curled up giggling to herself like a little filly. That’s why she’d asked her sister to help her.

Maud knew so much about dating; she’d been out with almost half of the boys in their class, and the other half were all lining up to be next. She was a real colt-killer; and all it had taken was Pinkie promising to do all of Maud’s chores for the next month, for her to agree to teach Pinkie everything she knew about getting a guy to like you.

“Calm down Pinkie” instructed Maud evenly, “Are you going to listen to what happened or not?” Pinkie sat bolt upright, her large watery eyes fixed unblinkingly on Maud, as her bottom lip trembling in anticipation. “I asked Soarin if he was doing anything today; he said no. I asked him if he would like to go out with you; he said yes.”

Pinkie panicked! She was actually going on a date with Soarin? What was she going to do? What if he didn’t like her? What if she did something silly that made him never want to talk to him again; or didn’t do anything silly and didn’t make him laugh? No, that wouldn’t happen; it couldn’t because, “We’re going to go and have the most romantic date ever and then we’re going to have another, and another, and fall in love and get married and have babies and-“

“No.” corrected Maud, “You’re not.”

Pinkie’s mane deflated into straight long locks, suddenly concealing razor blades underneath; “You mean?”

“There’s no way you’re ready to go out on a date by yourself.” Explained Maud, “That’s why I’m coming with you.”

“But…” stammered Pinkie, “Soarin is my date, we can’t both go out with him!”

“I’m bringing my own date. His name’s Sombra."

"You mean that weird unicorn who's always talking about that time travel spell he's working on?"

"Yes." Smiled Maud, "He’s nice. He’s into crystals, which are like rocks. I've been wanting to get to know him better since we've been paired as lab partners. It's nothing serious, but I asked him to come with us so you won't be going alone. They'll be here to pick us up at noon."

“Noon!?” shrieked Pinkie, her mane resuming its usual poofiness; “But it’s almost ten! That means I only have two hours to pick out the perfect dress!”

Maud grabbed the dress draped over the chair which she’d picked out for Pinkie last night, passed it to her and gave her a reassuring hug; “Relax Pinkie. You’ll do fine. He’ll love you.”

“Really!?”

“Sure,” Maud shrugged, “Why not?”

Pinkie broke into ecstatic giggles, “This is going to be the best date ever and with you there it will be even doubly amazing and I just know that nothing could ever possibly go wrong!”

“Yes.” Agreed Maud, “This will be fun.”