• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 4,056 Views, 91 Comments

Book 1: A Sunlight Story - Universal Timegate



Sunset Shimmer after much thought returns to Equestria to redeem herself from her past. With the help of Twilight, can Sunset be forgiven for what she did?

  • ...
19
 91
 4,056

Chapter 8

Equestria as a whole seemed to stop in a freeze frame. For the reasons behind it was unknown but to the 4 mares who were gathered around a circle table in the Castle in Canterlot. Two of being the most powerful of all, one being the Princess of Friendship and a Unicorn just standing there in surprise.

Celestia and Luna both looked at each other once more and nodded.

“Now Twilight I must ask the reason that you choose Sunset Shimmer to be a Princess.” Celestia asked already knowing the reason.

Twilight got up and stood tall and proud as she spoke every word being truth.

“I choose Sunset Shimmer because I believe we will be an unstoppable team, always getting things done and showing off the best that we can show. She is the one pony I will ever choose by my side to rule over my kingdom. Despite her past I always look to the future and see that we will share a lot of great moments together. That is why I choose you Sunset Shimmer to be a Princess by my side…” Twilight walked in front of her and place a hoof on her cheek. “Because I know all about your past and that wasn’t you. That was nothing but confusion and emptiness. But I helped you find your true path, the path that you were destine to follow. Together we will make this work for us and for all of Equestria.”

Sunset couldn’t help it anymore she kissed her newly found marefriend and hugged her.

“Thank you for believing in me.” Sunset whispered in her ear.

After about a minute of an embrace that the two mares shared in both love and comfort Celestia tapped on Twilight’s back. She parted from Sunset and looked at her former mentor.

“I believe it’s time for a certain somepony to receive a very special gift.”

Celestia once more looked to Princess Luna who was getting into position. Celestia stood behind Sunset Shimmer and ignited her horn and Luna performed the same suit.

Both of them blasted Sunset with a very powerful magic that not even Twilight in her Rainbowfied form can defend against. This magic swirled around her engulfing her within.

While in this state Sunset undergoes a special transformation. This made her body ache in pain and extreme discomfort for about 2 minutes. Later from that Sunset began to sprout wings from her abdomen. This process is what causes the pain. Growing a new set of wings was a very painful experience. Then black…

Darkness. Pitch Black. Nothing to see, nothing to feel or to run to. ‘Am I dead?’ Sunset thought. Then hearing distinctive voices in a distance that seems to never end. Soon she began to stir from her unconscious state. Upon getting up her wings similar to Twilight’s unfolded in all of their glory.

“That was probably the most painful experience of my entire life.” Sunset said. She then realized that everyone was staring at her.

“What?” she asked.

“Why don’t you look to your side?” Twilight said giggling.

Sunset looked and saw indeed that she had wings. She couldn’t believe it. She touched them to make sure that they were feel but when she did she felt the sense from them. She still couldn’t believe it. Sunset tried to fly. She jumped and tried to fly but fell face flat.

“Ow. Well I need to be trained on flying now.” Celestia giggled.

“That will all come in due time daughter of mine. For now it’s getting late.” They all see the sun lower down to show it’s indication that it was nightfall.

Celestia and Luna began to walk to their rooms in the castle. Celestia however looks back.

“Congratulations Sunset Shimmer you are now a Princess of Equestria. Maybe Twilight can help you find your destined role as a Princess.”

The two Princesses left them alone as Twilight sat down and Sunset walked around wondering of what the future may hold for them.

-10 Minutes later-

“Well I guess we should be getting back.” Twilight suggested getting ready to walk back to the train station.

“Let’s not take the train. I want to try out my new alicorn power.” Sunset said charging up her horn.

“Well I suppose we can teleport.” Twilight stood next to Sunset and with a magic pulse from Sunset’s horn they were in the Throne Room of Twilight’s Castle.

“Not bad for a first run with this power.” Sunset said examining herself for any burns, cuts, and/or scratches.

Sunset wasn’t harmed when they teleported however Twilight had scorch marks all over her. They didn’t hurt but the marks effectively made her a different shade of purple. Looking at this Sunset couldn’t help but laugh. This made Twilight very annoyed so she rubbed herself on Sunset covering her left side in soot.

“Hey!” Sunset said now more frustrated trying to get the soot out of her coat.

Twilight stuck her tongue out and ran off into the hallway. Upon realizing what just happened Sunset took off after her. Being taller than her she was able to catch up quickly. However Twilight was one step ahead teleporting behind her and bolting off in the other direction.

This game of chase lasted for about 30 minutes until Sunset got tired and resorted to teleporting. Sunset teleported in front of Twilight who was running straight for her. She put out her hoof to secure the victory of this game but Twilight jumped over her and ran off again.

“Huh. This will be more difficult than I thought.” Sunset said to herself sitting down. Where she stood.

Sunset then thought of an idea. She walked over to Spike’s room. When she arrived and unlocked the door he was at the far left wall where he was decorating the wall with pictures of Rarity and surrounding each picture with candles lit.

“Uhh…” Sunset couldn’t even comprehend words for what she saw.

Spike jumped and dropped whatever materials he had in his hand.

“It’s not what it looks like.” Spike said in defensive reaction.

Sunset looked at the wall. From top to bottom was pictures of either him with Rarity or Rarity solo. Some of those pictures she questioned if they were appropriate. This made Sunset uneasy and want to laugh at the same time.

“So should I ask Twilight about this?” Sunset asked.

This made Spike turn white in horror. He was trying to push her out but had no success.

“No, no, no you didn’t see anything here.” Spike kept repeating while trying to get her out. Then he noticed her wings. “Wait you’re an Alicorn?” He asked now more confused.

“Yes, I’m a Princess I don’t know of what yet but that is for me and Twilight to figure out from what Princess Celestia says but between you and me I think she knows and she just doesn’t want to tell us.” Sunset used one of her wings to put Spike to the side.

“Now I should tell Twilight about this wall here. But I won’t if you help me with something.” She said Spike wasn’t all to keen about all of this but anything to keep Twilight
from finding out about the wall.

“What is it?”

“I need you to pretend to get hurt so I can catch Twilight.” She said with a stern look.

“Why do you need to catch Twilight?” Spike asked.

“We’re playing chase and she’s becoming relentless and efficient with her running to where I see her not stopping. Oh and by the way I and Twilight are now a couple.”

“Well that finally came into full circle and this game of chase… It’s not just some kind of sexual act here that you ponies perform?” This got a slap by Sunset across the head.

“No… No us ponies don’t do that kind of stuff when we’re mating… I think… I’m pretty sure… Anyways you are too young to know that kind of stuff. But again all I need you to do is fake getting hurt.” Sunset said with her face red as Big Mac’s coat.

“Okay I’ll do it.” Spike walked out of the room and looked back to her. “Wait 5 minutes then go to the dining room and wait at one of the celling pillars it’s easy to get up there and you’ll be easily hidden.”

Sunset nodded and he went off to perform his small pan to help her. As for Sunset she found a tarp large enough for the ‘Rarity Wall’ and covered it so Twilight couldn’t see. She then exited the room and closed the door behind her and walked to the dining room.

As for Twilight in this situation she stopped running to catch her breath and hid behind a column in the Throne Room.

‘Sunset is very persistent she’ll catch me eventually.’ Twilight thought out of breath to speak.

Suddenly she heard a loud crash in the dining room and Spike screaming. Twilight with the bit of energy she had has been replaced with an overload of adrenaline that made her sprint to him.

Sunset from this view was standing on the ceiling pillars that circled around the dining room. These pillars had plants on top of them so she moved one to the ground so she could stand. She peered over and look at Spike who just broke a vase and laid down next to it. He then heard Twilight coming and gave a thumbs up to her.

“Damn good acting Spike.” Sunset whispered to herself.

Twilight saw the scene and rushed to his aid. “Spike. Spike! Are you okay?”

She examined him and found no scratch marks or cuts. Spike groaned and got up and looked at Twilight with a dazed expression.

That was Sunset’s time to strike. She jumped off the pillar and glided to Twilight to catch her. In her mind however that’s how she saw it the reality of it all she jumped off
the fell flapping her wings in failure just falling and falling. She then used her magic to teleport herself to the ground and wrapped herself around Twilight not letting her go.

Twilight attempted to shake her off but no avail.

“Sunset get off I need to help Spike…” Before she could finish her sentence Spike got up and walked off like nothing was wrong.

She then realized that she was tricked this was all a plan for Sunset to win. A mental note in her head was made to not mess with Sunset when it came to chase.

Laughing out loud Twilight grabbed Sunset’s hoofs in her own while she was on her clinging.

“Okay, okay you both got me.” Twilight laughed.

Sunset gave her a small peck on the cheek and got off. “Don’t try to escape from me next time.”

“Noted…” Twilight again looked at herself she was still covered in soot but most of it was either dusted off from all the running or began to marinate in her coat.

“Let’s take a bath Sunset I need to get all this soot off of me before it becomes imprinted onto my fur.” Twilight said walking to the bathroom.

Sunset followed behind her. “I’ll make a note to not perform any long distance teleportation unless we're both putting in the magic to do it.”

In the bathroom both Sunset and Twilight removed any dirt and soot from each other’s coats while also having a nice relaxing time with each other’s embrace. Once all is clean they go to the bedroom and sleep off a perfect day.

For this day is not only the start of Sunset’s Alicorn journey but also the start of their new life together as a couple.

Author's Note:

I should've been more detailed with all the "Princess" stuff but Celestia is sometimes very broad for what she explains. Also read everything she says carefully she makes a great foreshadowing effect for the future of this story.

From this chapter and so on is the beginning of their new life together. Many things to come since I got everything as an introduction out of the way. I can now focus on the future aspect of the story.

Anyways Happy Reading and i'll post up the next chapter when I'm done with it.:heart::yay: