• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 4,056 Views, 91 Comments

Book 1: A Sunlight Story - Universal Timegate



Sunset Shimmer after much thought returns to Equestria to redeem herself from her past. With the help of Twilight, can Sunset be forgiven for what she did?

  • ...
19
 91
 4,056

Chapter 6

We now return to the morning light that slowly raises above the eastern sky of Equestria. The day of Ponyville began with a normal routine of shops and cafes opening up for the day’s business. Many ponies that reside in Ponyville sort out their issues but sometimes they need a Princess to sort it out and that’s where they call upon Twilight to help them.

But today is none of those days of courts and other daily royal tasks. Sunset Shimmer was lying in bed with the Princess of Friendship keeping her asleep for as long as she wants to sleep for. Normally Spike will announce that Breakfast is ready but that didn’t come for 2 hours. It was 9:30am and Twilight began to stir, stretch and yawn. However before stretching and such she had to remove herself from Sunset’s grip.

Trying to escape Sunset’s embrace was proven to be more difficult then she thought. Though being a heavy sleeper Sunset does have a strong yet gentle grip when she’s with Twilight. Finally in a final attempt Twilight began to nudge her and wake her verbally.

“Sunset.” Twilight said while tapping her head. Sunset shifted slightly but didn’t wake. Twilight tried speaking her name again but this time more loudly and increased her tapping speed.

“Sunset please wake up.” A few seconds from saying that and Twilight has gotten some results to where Sunset dimly looked at her and began to yawn. She blinked a few times before speaking.

“Morning Twilight what time is it?” Sunset asked releasing Twilight from her embrace. Being freed at last Twilight told her that it was 9:38am. This made Sunset get up from the bed and walk out of Twilight’s Room to the kitchen.

Confused at the sudden pace she began to follow her.

Before Sunset reached the kitchen Twilight teleported in front of her stopping Sunset dead in her tracks. Sunset was about to go around her until she spread out wings to block the path. Of course she can teleport away from her of course but Sunset didn’t feel up to the task at the moment.

“Sunset we need to freshen up before we start the day and I’m sure Spike has been waiting for us to eat breakfast.” Twilight said in a commanding voice that seemed really cute to Sunset, it wasn’t all intimidating.

“I wouldn’t be so sure that Spike is waiting for us I told him that I’ll be preparing breakfast this morning I just lost track of time Twilight. But you’re right hygiene is important at this instance I suppose.” Sunset walked back into the hallway to the bathroom. Twilight followed suit.

The walkway back was in silence until they got to the bathroom. Then it just got awkward. Neither mare knew what to do nor who goes first.

“You go first Sunset… Princess’ Orders” Twilight said nervously. Sunset looked at her proudly and giggled.

“Abusing power eh? Not sure if Princess Celestia would like that.” Sunset retorted back.

This made Twilight shrink a little.

“As a Princess my orders are just as high as hers.” Twilight stated putting her hoof up in significance.

‘Wrong answer Twilight…’ Sunset thought. “Well. You’ve shown your true colors to me now already all that power has gone to your head I’m shocked Twilight Sparkle.” Sunset said faking with over dramatically. Before Sunset could say anything else she was pushed, not levitated, not guided but pushed by Twilight into the tub full of water.

It took time to resurface her own head but when Sunset did she stared blankly at Twilight having a mix of both Impressed and surprised expressions running through her at once. In retaliation she picked up Twilight who tried to resist but couldn’t counter her magic it was as if Celestia’s power was inside of her combined with her own. Once above the tub Sunset released Twilight from the magic aura around her and dropped her into the tub with Sunset leaning back from the splash radius.

When Twilight surfaced she was on the other side of the tub. They both sat in the large tub in silence before Twilight began to speak.

“How did you do what you just did a minute ago?” Twilight asked while slowly moving towards Sunset.

Sunset didn’t notice which gave Twilight the upper hand. “When you’re the daughter of Celestia things happen.”

“Oh I highly doubt that Sunset.”

“It’s true”

Twilight was next to Sunset and began to embrace her in the water. This made Sunset blush a bright red. ‘I didn’t even notice her approach me.’ Sunset thought as she shrugged it off and embraced her back. ‘She’s becoming more and more forward with this. I got to be quicker.’ Sunset then looked into Twilight’s eyes those beautiful lavender eyes. This stare made Sunset lose all remaining train of thought. Without knowledge they both leaned in on each other slowly. Time seem to freeze at this one moment as if the universe was at a standstill. They were just centimeters from each other. Sunset Shimmer was about to seal the deal when Spike came into the bathroom.

“Twilight I just wanted to let-let-let-let holy sweet Celestia!” Both Twilight and Sunset parted from each other and looked away scrambling to find some cover.

“Spike we weren’t...”

“I’m out…” Spike said as he walked out of the bathroom leaving two embarrassed mares alone.

‘Nice going Spike’ they said in unison within thought.

Once Twilight and Sunset were done in the bathroom they stepped out and walked to the kitchen. Spike was preparing a meal for them two. Twilight when to the dining room while Sunset stood back and went to Spike.

“Something happened that you missed your chance to make breakfast for her?” Spike asked flipping some pancakes from the pan.

“Yes actually, sorry for ruining your schedule.” Spike stopped flipping and looked back to her.

“You actually helped me in a way I needed a relaxing time slot to myself for once so I can say that a benefit came from this.” He said happily.

“Well I got the worst end of it when you barged in the bathroom.” Sunset snorted out.

“I noticed you both were about to be a couple. Sorry about that but next time you’ll get your chance I won’t interfere next time.”

“Deal. Now I want you to go to market and pick up some supplies for me I want to try something out.” Sunset levitated an item list that wasn’t as big but Spike knew what each of these ingredients were for.

“I’ll get to it when I’m done with this.” He said.

Sunset walked to the dining room and sat with Twilight who was lost in a book at the other end of the round center table. Sunset just stared at Twilight tracing her hooves on the table wondering about how Twilight tastes. Then she quickly dismissed the thoughts as they were beginning to go into detail that is too rushed and heated to where she began to blush wildly.

Spike came out with large plates of pancakes stacked high with chocolate chips and whipped cream with maple syrup trickling down each side. The pancakes were consumed within minutes.

After eating Twilight went to the Throne Room and sat on her Throne with a bored expression. Sunset caught eye to this and sat next to her and leaned in.

“Something the matter Twilight?” Sunset asked with much concern.

“Nothing Sunset.” Twilight lied.

“No, no, no Twilight don’t give me that crap.” Sunset said pressuring her into giving her the info.

“It’s nothing Sunset.” Twilight lied again.

“Twilight I know and something that is causing you to be like this is not ‘nothing’.” Sunset put her hoof with Twilight’s and let them intertwine while giving her a reassuring smile that read: ‘It’s okay you can tell me anything.’

Twilight gave a big sigh. “Ruling by myself isn’t all that fun. The other Princesses have other people who are at their side. Celestia and Luna, Cadence and Shining Armor. But I’m alone with no one to assist me. Twilight let a small tear fall from her eye.

“But you have Spike.”

“He’s different he can’t help me with all the royal duties I have and plus he’s a baby dragon the stress will be too much on him.

Sunset had to think for a minute. If I’m going to be with Twilight then this is what I’m going to have to do and I’ve seen her royal duties they’re not as bad as she’s making them out to be probably because it’s the same old thing every time.

“What about me Twilight?” Twilight looked at her small tear streaks fell from her eyes. ‘Man it must be that bad.’ Sunset thought.

“You’re only here until the end of the summer.”

“I’ll stay here.” Sunset stated quickly.

“But what about Canterlot High?” Twilight asked.

“That school was becoming deadweight. On me and plus the girls in the Human World can survive on their own without me.” Sunset got in front of Twilight and held both of her hooves in her own. “Now Twilight please allow me to become your Royal Assistant.”

The thought process became long… Very long in Twilight’s mind no words can describe on what happened next as if her body was on its own mind set. Twilight lunged at Sunset in her arms. Frequently sounds of “Yes please help.” Sunset just patted her back to let her off.

“Okay so now I’m your Royal Assistant whatever you need royally is at your command to me.” Sunset bowed to show some seriousness to it.

Twilight played it off perfectly… She has Sunset staying at Equestria now. Her plan is coming together nicely now and she needs to do is play it off until she can find the right moment to win her heart.

Author's Note:

So yeah this had slightly more conversations than initially intended but whatever you all like this story so I don't see any complains as far as I have seen.

So, who's plan do you think is going to succeed first. Leave your answer in the comments if you wish.

Remember if you see any major errors let me know in a PM and i'll fix them. Happy Reading!:yay: