• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 4,056 Views, 91 Comments

Book 1: A Sunlight Story - Universal Timegate



Sunset Shimmer after much thought returns to Equestria to redeem herself from her past. With the help of Twilight, can Sunset be forgiven for what she did?

  • ...
19
 91
 4,056

Chapter 16

11am… Court time with the Cutie Mark Crusaders or what Sunset refers them to being Demonic hell-spawns. Twilight was sitting on her throne while Sunset was curled up in a fetal position on her own throne taking a nap. The three small fillies made their way inside the castle throne room surrounded by guards that Sunset had requested. Twilight rolled her eyes and released the guards. However she saw one guard on one of the celling columns then disappear when she face the guard directly. She didn’t pay mind to it as the fillies did a small bow out of respect.

“Good morning Twilight!” The CMC said in unison.

“Good morning girls, how are you today?” Twilight asked.

“We’re doing just fine but we wanted to get your permission to do something in Ponyville.” Applebloom said pulling out a schematic. Twilight levitated the item to her and examined it.

“I’m surprised that you girls have a blueprint of what you want to be done.” Twilight said. She looked to Sunset who was at peace in her dream-state but all good things have to come to an end sometime. Twilight nudged her but she only squinted but didn’t open her eyes.

Annoyed by the gesture she leaned in closer to Sunset’s ear and screamed at the top of her lungs. “SUNSET SHIMMER!!!”

The now startled mare jumped up then vanished teleporting away out of fright.

Twilight looked at the three fillies now after Sunset disappeared. “So where were we? Ah yes your plans.” The fillies nodded.

“You see we wanted to add additions to the club house we have so in case we find more crusaders we have the space. We just need your permission because the addition touches Ponyville’s border from Sweet Apple Acres.” Sweetie Belle states pointing to a map that showed the border of Ponyville currently to Sweet Apple Acres.

Twilight didn’t see anything that could be destroyed or broken while they build so she came to a conclusion. “Okay I allow this girls enjoy your expansion.”

The CMC all rushed Twilight into a hug which Twilight returned. They ran off to do their building.

-In Sweet Apple Acres-

Applejack was bucking nearby trees and collecting the apples that dropped in a basket. Everything was peaceful until Sunset teleported screaming in front of her which caused the apples she was holding to drop to the ground and Applejack to fall over on her back scared out of her mind.

“What, what, what happened Sunset?” Applejack said still in a startled trance.

Sunset stopped screaming then unfolded her wings in both embarrassment and anger. “TWILIGHT!” She screamed once more then teleported away leaving a now confused Applejack lying on the ground.

-In Twilight’s Castle-

Twilight was sitting on her throne still now bored out of her mind. The stillness was queued to never end but that was short lived when Sunset teleported in front of Twilight with nothing but anger written on her face. Twilight didn’t look in least bit of surprised. She simply gave Sunset a small kiss on the cheek then Sunset was less angry; mad but not furious.

“You need to control your anger Sunset.” Twilight simply said in a calm tone that soothed Sunset to at least sit down and listen.

Sunset huffed. “I don’t have an anger issue Twilight I’m just mad at the fact that you scared me all the way to Sweet Apple Acres, I think I gave Applejack a heart attack when I teleported in front of her.”

“Fair enough.” Twilight said walking to her room.

Sunset followed her. “What about your royal duties?”

“That was all of them just meeting the CMC for some building construction.” Twilight shrugged.

Sunset grabbed her face and applied pressure to her cheeks forcing them to pucker. “You let those creatures of Tartarus build in Ponyville?” With a neutral grin Twilight grabbed Sunset’s hooves in her own.

“They will be fine Sunset.” Twilight said, then leaving the worried mare to her own thoughts.

Twilight entered her room and laid down on her bed with Sunset standing over her. Sunset looked to corner of her eye and saw a guard in armor that didn’t match any type of guard she has seen. ‘He right there.’ She thought not wanting to alert him.

‘Yes I’m here.’ He telepathically said to sunset causing her to stay frozen while Twilight didn’t pay no mind.

Sunset looked in the direction of the guard but then he was no longer there. Twilight then placed a hoof on Sunset’s. “Sunset what’s wrong you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Twilight asked worried.

“Nothing. Nothing at all. I just need to lay down for a bit.” Sunset laid on the bed and got comfortable. Twilight laid next to her and began to stroke her mane.

“You can tell me what’s bothering you Sunset maybe I can help.” Twilight continued to stroke Sunset’s mane. It didn’t ease the tension as much as Twilight expected
but it was a start.

Sunset shifted slightly away from Twilight not looking in her direction. She wanted to sleep so she will get some sleep.

Twilight sighed in defeat, she was eager to help out Sunset with her problem but Sunset was being a closed casket about it. Twilight laid next to Sunset she wasn’t tired but was trying to be more comforting to Sunset.

To Sunset however she tried to telepathically communicate with the guard that Luna has sent.

‘Who are you? Did Luna send you? Why don’t you reveal yourself?’ Sunset asked telepathically.

‘So many questions with so many answers awaiting’ said the voice.

‘So you can talk.’ Sunset said back.

‘Yes, I can but I will answer some of your questions as it is my purpose to protect you.’ The voice said emphasizing more on “Protect”.

‘So you are the guard that was sent by Luna. At least tell me who you are.’ Sunset asked wanting to know more and more as the conversation continued.

‘I will tell you in due time, however I will say that I am a guard who protects without being scene, I’m part of a task force that uses the environment to my advantage. I kill when necessary, but for most situations I stun my enemies to ensure control.’ Sunset grew more suspicious hearing this.

‘So what you’re a Wonderbolt or something?’ Sunset asked the voice.

The voice began to chuckle. ‘Funny, I’m not a Wonderbolt at all. Look just don’t worry about me all you need to worry about is your marefriend lying beside you moping about your issues.’

‘But I don’t have any major issues, it’s just you that’s becoming the issue.’ Sunset argued.

‘Then talk to her about it maybe she can help you try to discover my identity.’ The voice made a good point.

‘Oh and don’t worry about Flash Sentry I’ll solve that issue for you when it’s needed.’ The voice never was heard from after that.

Sunset turned over and saw Twilight moping like the voice said. She looked down as if she was depressed. Sunset planted a soft kiss on her lips to indicate that she was alright.

“So I’m guessing you’re alright?” Twilight asked putting on a cheeky smile.

“Yes I am, now if you will excuse me I need to go to the kitchen.” Sunset left the room leaving Twilight to do whatever she was going to do.

In the hallway Flash Sentry was following her. Sunset looked behind her to see him with his sword drawn ready to attack any pony.

The voice came back again but this time it was quicker with its words. ‘You want me to take care of him?’

Sunset smiled and simply said telepathically. ‘Yes please.’

Flash Sentry didn’t see it coming from the shadows of the celling columns came three darts. Flash didn’t notice so he didn’t react at all to them. One hit his neck, next one to the base of the spine, then finally to the flank where his cutie mark was. Flash stumbled a bit then fell to his side completely knocked out.

Sunset was very surprised of the efficiency of this special guard. Normally Flash is very resistant to damage inflicted onto him but he was out like a light with just three darts.

“Good job…” Sunset said to herself. She left the scene to the kitchen.

Author's Note:

I'm trying to end this story and start on the second one which will have a correct storyline. This one is more based off of how Twilight and Sunset's daily life goes. So it's like an Introduction but more broad with it all.

Thanks to a previous comment I read on this story which said that

This really isn't worth reading anymore.

I might just quit this entirely because something like that hurts.:fluttercry: