• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 4,046 Views, 91 Comments

Book 1: A Sunlight Story - Universal Timegate



Sunset Shimmer after much thought returns to Equestria to redeem herself from her past. With the help of Twilight, can Sunset be forgiven for what she did?

  • ...
19
 91
 4,046

Chapter 14

The beautiful city of Canterlot home to some of the most richest and most noble of all ponies in Equestria. Within this city is a variety of shops, sights, and luxurious homes to the eye can see. All is happy within this city with no issues. This city is also home to Equestria two rulers Princess Celestia and Princess Luna the goddesses of the Sun and Moon. Controlling the both Celestial Bodies they rule with absolute power.

Celestia was sitting on her throne per usual when a guard rushed in with a scroll, this scroll was thicker than most scrolls. However this particular scroll wasn’t a written one but more of a projection. Within the confides of the scroll contained some very personal information of both Twilight and Sunset. The clock ticks and ticks to the pace of the time, for every tick it inches closer to its goal.

“Your highness!” The guard yells rushing in to her then bowing respectfully.

“Yes, what is it?” Celestia got up and spread out her wings from the surprise entrance.

“I have a projection-like scroll here from Discord. No guard has read it as it won’t reveal itself to us.” He passed the scroll to her which she then levitated the object to her and opened it.

Using a special spell she revealed the contents of the projection. Watching it aimlessly until it brought life on the mini screen of the scroll. Celestia watched it careful as she saw Twilight’s room in the images. She then went from suspicious to complete shock. She is watching both Sunset and Twilight in a position that is both private and confidential. She disabled the spell and the screen disappeared. Her only question that came to mind is that how did Discord get all that footage and where was he at the time.

“Guard I want a lockdown of the castle no one enters or leaves I’ll be back.” Celestia commanded, the guard salutes and rushes off to warn the rest of the guards surrounding the castle.

With a large golden aura surrounding her she teleported to Twilight’s castle.

-In Twilight’s Castle-

Sunset was panicking and Twilight was trying to stay cool and calm. The situation right now was unknown but from how Sunset was reacting there will some kind of punishment for this. They don’t know the punishment but they didn’t want to find out either. Twilight performed the cooling off technique that Cadence has taught her.

She got up and grabbed Sunset from her frantic pacing.

“You have got to snap out of it Sunset Princess Celestia will not punish us. I don’t even see a reason for her to. Ponies perform acts like that all the time.” Twilight released Sunset after she took in some breath.

“Twilight you don’t know my mom.” Sunset said laying on the bed.

“I know her more than you Sunset.” Twilight pointed out. Sunset spread out her wings and legs on the bed trying to get comfortable. Twilight id have a point though.

“You’re right, but still you don’t know what she’ll do I mean Discord sent her a projection scroll of us in a sex act.” Sunset beckoned from the bed sheets that covered her.

“I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even know…”

“Yes I do…” Celestia said behind her in her ear.

Twilight screamed in fright and jumped onto the bed next to Sunset in surprise.

Celestia was not mad but had a neutral emotion that both Sunset and Twilight couldn’t decipher. She looked like she wouldn’t punish them but yet with the neutral expression they again couldn’t tell.

Sunset sat up from the bed while Twilight laid down still. “Mom what a pleasant surprise what brings you here?” Sunset asked giving an obvious nervous laugh.

Celestia didn’t speak she just scanned the room for her target. She looked to the left, nothing. She looked to the right, nothing. Then she looked in front where Sunset and Twilight were analyzing not them but what surrounds them. She then noticed a figure, a small figure that was the size of a spider. It tried to escape but Celestia was much faster than the small creature. She then shot out a beam of magic at the creature which revealed itself to be Discord himself spying on them.

He jumped once he was discovered and looked at Celestia with delight.

“Celestia my good friend what brings you into Twilight’s Magical Castle?” Discord asks trying to play it off.

“I could ask you the same thing Discord. I can’t speak for these two but I will say that spying on an alicorn is a crime in Equestria especially two alicorns.” Celestia said stomping her hoof on the crystalized floor causing a small crack to form.

“Oh boo hoo Celestia you’re no fun anymore.” Discord transformed himself in Celestia and mimicked her actions.

“Oh look at me I’m Princess Celestia I wear a crown and rule Equestria and sometimes don’t let anypony have any type of fun. Oh I’m so perfect that I don’t care about any other being but my own not even my own sister.” This flared up Celestia.

“Discord stop this, this instance!” Celestia stomped both of her front hooves on the ground making the small crack turn into a large fracture on the floor. She charged up her horn in defense increasing the threat.

“Now I’m not doing anything at all Celestia why you just cool off.” Discord snapped his fingers and snow fell on top of Celestia.

Discord was laughing hard. Both Sunset and Twilight looked in horror at Celestia who was now buried in snow. Twilight went to dig her out, however she stepped back as the snow melted slowly. Revealing Celestia in a golden aura that was melting the snow with fire. Discord stopped his laughing and was shocked at the sight of this.

Celestia raised her head back and charged her horn fully powered and launched a beam of magic at him about the size of her own body. This blast Discord tried to shield himself from but was hit and consumed within the beam.

Screaming in pain Discord was sent out of the castle to wherever the beam ended. His scream faded and from the distance all you hear and see is an explosion about the size of Rainbow’s Sonic Rainboom.

Wide-eyed to the sight of the explosion both Sunset and Twilight looked behind them to see Celestia still horn charged sitting down on the bed and released the magic that she had.

Celestia gave a big sigh. “It is done.” She said

Twilight sat next to her former teacher and Sunset stood there.

“I didn’t know that you wielded all that power mom.” Sunset said still surprised.

Celestia gave a small laugh. “Apparently you don’t know your own mother Sunset I might have to refresh your mind a little.”

Twilight got up from the bed and stood next to Sunset.

“So you’re not mad at us for that’ Projection’?” Sunset asked.

“Why would I be mad at something natural?” Celestia said calmly.

Twilight shot a small glance at Sunset who was looking away with a blush on her face. Twilight whispered in her ear which made Sunset’s right ear twitch.

“I told you she won’t be mad.” Twilight whispered.

Celestia got up and began to walk off. “I must get back to Canterlot. I’ll see you girls again real soon.” Celestia then teleported away leaving the two mares alone.

Author's Note:

Good scene to end the chapter on. More to come soon so stick around Happy Reading!:twilightsmile:

Remember if you see any major errors to PM me so I can fix them.