• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 4,060 Views, 91 Comments

Book 1: A Sunlight Story - Universal Timegate



Sunset Shimmer after much thought returns to Equestria to redeem herself from her past. With the help of Twilight, can Sunset be forgiven for what she did?

  • ...
19
 91
 4,060

Chapter 10

‘Next stop is Rarity…’ Sunset thought relieved.

On their way to Rarity’s Twilight stopped for a moment then continued. This aroused Sunset suspicion but then dismissed all thoughts on it. When they arrived however that wasn’t the case. Rarity was running from wall to wall making and stocking dresses.

She didn’t notice Sunset or Twilight walking in as the door was wide open. The two mares sat on a nearby couch that was known as “Rarity’s Fainting Couch” waiting patiently for the unicorn to be finished with her orders.

-2 Hours Later-


Rarity was all done with her orders and admired her work that each dress differently designed and stitched w laid out on the pony mannequins.

Sunset make a slight cough to get her attention which she did but also received a small nudge on the arm by Twilight. Rubbing her arm Sunset didn’t say a word.

Rarity now staring at the two. “Oh Good morning Twilight!” She ran up and hugged the young alicorn.

“Good morning to you Rarity, it’s been a while.” Twilight said returning the small embrace.

“Why yes it has.” Rarity was about to finish when she notice Sunset next to Twilight playing with her wings.

“Oh? And who are you Miss eh.”

“Sunset. Princess Sunset Shimmer.” Hearing this made Rarity stand on edge a little.

“You mean the same Sunset Shimmer who stole Twilight’s crown. The same Sunset who almost killed Twilight. The same Sunset was said to be cruel and unjust?” This made Sunset frown and look down. Twilight put a between both Sunset and Rarity and spoke up.

“Sunset has changed and we’re actually dating she recently became a Princess by both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. She doesn’t do any of that stuff anymore. Don’t judge her of her past but by her future.” Twilight held Sunset’s hoof in her own and looked at Rarity who had a small judgement of her own to determine.

Rarity walked around Sunset and examined her carefully then nodded in delight. “Well if Twilight trusts you to where you both are dating who am I to stand in the way to be a bother. Welcome back to Equestria Sunset Shimmer.” Rarity walked to her and gave her a warm hug which Sunset returned back.

“I’m sure you will look at me differently still but again thank you. But me and Twilight have only recently started dating. She and I since we are Princesses can do things so efficiently that we are always done within the hours of the morning.”

Rarity looked at her. “Yes I do sense a bond between you two it’s very strong. But this is an ‘Out there’ question but can I get your measurements?” Rarity asked.

Sunset gave a small glance to Twilight who motioned her to let Rarity take her measurements. This process took roughly 20 minutes since Sunset kept squirming about.

“Hold still darling if I’m going to be precise I need you to be still.” Rarity complained.

After being literally touched all around Sunset was done with whatever Rarity needed from her. These measurements will be part of something she was working on from what Twilight comprehended.

-2 Hours Later-

Twilight and Sunset were eating lunch. Twilight eating a Hayburger and Sunset eating nothing at all.

“You alright Sunset?” Twilight asked noticing that she wasn’t eating anything.

“I’m just not up for eating anything right now is all I can’t wait though to meet the rest of them. So far The Pinkie Pie here is an absolute horror show to where she can defy any type of law ever existed that is natural and Rarity is just like her Human Counterpart.” Sunset said observing the ponies that walk by who show no mind of looking in their direction.

Twilight examined Sunset and grew concerned. ‘She never acted like this. I guess being just in the castle for the summer initially I guess takes a toll on a Pony’ Twilight thought. She got up and walked over to Sunset who was still watching ponies walk by. Twilight puts a hoof on her shoulder and breaks the trance that Sunset was in.

It was now Twilight’s turn to be affectionate. She gave Sunset a peck on the cheek which made everypony who walked by freeze and stare at them. The looks of fear, confusion, and surprise that were once all commonly peaceful became a trained audience focusing on them two.

Sunset whispered in her ear. “You might want to say something before they begin to panic or riot.”

Twilight stood on top of the table they were sitting at. As ponies gathered around they were still holding their mixed expressions awaiting for the explanation of the recent public display. Twilight cleared her throat.

“Now I know you are all very ‘shocked’ by what just happened but I assure you all that it’s nothing to be worried about.”

Twilight stepped down and Sunset stared at her with looks of stupidity.

Both Twilight and Sunset left the area and went to Sweet Apple Acres.

“So let me get this straight you stood on the table of where we ate and gathered a bunch of ponies around just to say that? Sunset said walking behind Twilight.

They walked past the orchard gate. “Yes because they never seen a royal same-sex couple before.” Twilight stated sternly.

“No need to get feisty there Princess.” Sunset said sarcastically.

Twilight gave an annoyed groan as they met Applejack bucking some apples off a nearby tree. Applejack didn’t pay any attention to them until Twilight called out her name.

“Applejack!” Twilight yelled out causing Applejack to hit the tree wrong and caused some intense pain on her hind legs. The force of the hit can be felt through the nearby trees and the surrounding ground.

“Ouch, gee Twi, why you have to disturbed me like that?” Apple said through the throbbing pain on her hind legs.

“Sorry Applejack I just wanted to see how you were doing but I can see you’re busy.” Twilight said beginning to leave.

Applejack stopped her by putting her hoof out. “It’s okay I was just working on the orchard is all I can take a break. We’ll I kind of have to now.” Applejack walks back to the barn with both Twilight and Sunset following suit.

Once they reached their destination Applejack sat down and the two alicorns sat in front of her.

“So Twilight so is this alicorns here. I haven’t seen you around here before.” Apple looked to Sunset who was quiet for the most part.

Twilight was waiting for Sunset to introduce herself but Sunset kept motioning her to speak for her.

Twilight finally spoke in defeat. “Her name is Princess Sunset Shimmer.” Hearing this made Applejack increase her guard.

Applejack leaned into Twilight and whispered in her ear. “Just give me the word and I’ll put that traitor in her place.” Applejack said this a little too loud because Sunset overheard the conversation. This made her look down in sadness. Twilight gave Applejack a stern overseeing look that made her cringle.

“Sunset is my marefriend and I appreciate that you show some respect for a Princess in Equestria. Yes she’s gone through a lot and has done things but she has changed and was reformed into the path of friendship.”

Sunset looked at her with eyes of ‘thank you’. Applejack took off her hat and put it over her chest.

“Well Twilight I’m mighty sorry about that and congrats on your couple and Sunset I apologize for my rash actions and words. I hope you can forgive me.” Applejack bowed in respect.

Sunset turned her attention of Applejack. “All is forgiven Applejack I’m glad we’re friends.”

Well you girls must be buys then as for me I need to get back to the orchard and finish up the rest of the trees. You two have a good one and again congrats on the both of you.” Applejack yelled running back to the apple trees.

As Twilight and Sunset exited Sweet Apple Acres Sunset gave Twilight a small peck on the lips.

“Thank you for saving my flank back there I thought Applejack was going to tear me a new one.” Twilight laughed.

“She wouldn’t do that… I think… I wouldn’t put it past her though.”

The two mares traveled to their next destination close to one another on a bond that is inseparable.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took too long but again I don't update or post during the weekends and since my bday is coming up my family is making less time for me to upload my story.:fluttercry:

But I'll still continue with this story. However for the next 2 chapters will be short like this one. The reason is for introducing the rest of the Mane 6 to Sunset .:applejackunsure:

Remember if you see any major errors to PM me.:pinkiesmile:

Happy Reading!:twilightsmile: