• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 1,476 Views, 78 Comments

The People's Republic of Twilightlicious - GeodesicDragon



Twilight Sparkle has been given control of her very own nation, and now she has to learn how to lead it — while at the same time trying to prevent one of her new neighbours from invading Equestria.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,476

Interlude: Twilight's Diary - Entry #3

A few days after passing the law that allowed hospitals to pay people for donating blood and other organs, I've been informed that a lot of college students are paying for their tuition by selling their kidneys. How much is college education here, if people are willing to go to those lengths to pay for it? I hope an issue comes up at some point that addresses the expense.

Speaking of issues, I had an interesting conversation with one of my advisors after the last vote. He wouldn't tell me his real name, instead choosing to refer to himself as 'The Foreman.'

"While I think it's interesting you've included us in deciding what happens by naming us as your advisors, I have to say that you are learning jack shit about leading a government."

I was stunned. "Whatever do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," The Foreman replied. "You come in, agree on whatever we decide and then hear the next problem. There is no point in this equation where you face the consequences of your own decisions as the leader." He folded his arms. "If something were to go wrong, you could blame it on us and be entirely in the right."

I pondered his words for a moment, then realised he was correct. It's high time I started acting like a leader, so I have told Raymond that I will personally be making decisions until further notice.

The Princesses did not send me here to listen to advice, they sent me here to lead this nation. And I can't very well do that if I don't take some initiative every now and again. I understand that my choices may upset some people, but that is unavoidable.

I had better stop writing now, as I have work to do — starting with... children in casinos?

Oh, boy. This is going to be fun.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to The_Foreman for providing most of the dialogue for this chapter. That said, I was planning on doing things this way eventually. From this point forward, I will make decisions based on how I think Twilight would handle the situation.

CASH FOR COLONS? - RESULT