• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 1,477 Views, 78 Comments

The People's Republic of Twilightlicious - GeodesicDragon



Twilight Sparkle has been given control of her very own nation, and now she has to learn how to lead it — while at the same time trying to prevent one of her new neighbours from invading Equestria.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,477

Interlude: Twilight's Diary - Entry #1

Day One in The People's Republic of Twilightlicious

My foray into the cut-throat world of politics has been... an enlightening experience, to say the least. To think that people are willing to say whatever it takes to get what they want, even at the expense of others, is just mind-boggling.

But at least I have Raymond to help me, as well as the thirty-four other advisors I polled about the Arms Manufacturing strike. They voted overwhelmingly to give the workers what they wanted, so I gave Rebecca a call and told her the good news.

To say she was happy with my decision would have been the understatement of the millennium. My ear still hurts from all the squealing she did down the phone. But while she is happy with my decision, I know that Hope won't be — but as Raymond said, I can't keep everybody happy all at once.

Another issue requires my attention, but it can wait until tomorrow. I hope my friends can come and visit me here — though I can't help but wonder what they'll think about the fact this place has pretty much been named after me.

I'm going to sleep now, it's been a long day.

Mind you... this is just the beginning of a much longer journey.

Author's Note: