• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 243 Views, 3 Comments

Quiver: Fallen Chapter - RowanSkie



This piece of paper was found flying around Quiver's room for a while, and since his stories usually come from Equestria, this one... isn't. Clementine out, Arrow's been busy lately.

  • ...
 3
 243

Chapter XX

Author's Note:

Everything was nust made while I listened to dubstep.

Except the last line.

I ran.

I ran against the tide of the crowd, trying to escape people who chased me before being pushed into a statue with a horse.

The last thing I saw was six girls fighting off the chasers.


I woke up on my soft bed, sweating. I had that dream again. In the first time of my life, that peculiar dream always had terrified me. I have wondered what it meant and even asked Princess Luna for it, I got no answer. For now, I rose from my bed and walked down to the living room of my place, and took a cup of coffee. I have heard stories of ponies getting hyperactive about coffee so I made sure that I got a perfectly good cup and drank it down to the last drop. I then proceeded to wash the cup I used, stretched my back, and took a trot outside my home in Ponyville.

It was another nice day with the locals, especially with Princess Twilight Sparkle. Ever since she came here, Ponyville has become more lively getting visits from the Princesses and ever since she was coronated, Ponyville has never been safer, except that one unfamiliar accident involving with the draconequus. Speaking of Princesses, I also received a letter from Princess Twilight herself, a summon to her new crystal castle which I nicknamed the "Kingdom of Friendship" castle for the inhabitant spreaded friendship even in the smallest detail.

I trotted to the Mail Express to get my saddlebag and hat from the owner, a friend of mine. After giving Ditzy Do, another friend of mine who was taking her job well after being kicked from the moving company she once worked, a few notes and a muffin, I headed to the castle while humming.

I took around and knocked at the door, only to be opened by Princess Twilight's assistant, Spike. I waved hi as I entered the castle, the empty halls radiating positive emotions for its calmness, and I have arrived in the throne room, where six ponies sat. I waved and they waved back, then I noticed the table map in front of the seven thrones, and Princess Twilight was looking fine.

"Quiver, nice to see you," Fluttershy, the kind but shy one, greeted.

I momentarily smiled before I tried to talk, only to remember that I was mute due to another accident, so I pulled out my sketchbook from my bag and a pencil and sketched "What can I be of service?"

Princess Twilight went near me and I blushed a bit. I then followed her closer to the map and noticed what it had. It was a complete map of Equestria, along with the territories of its allies. My eyes widen as I saw my old house in Canterlot.

"I know it must be hard for you not to talk," Twilight said to me.

"Maybe," I replied through the notebook.

"Maybe you could take a walk with us next time?" Rainbow Dash offered, "it's been quite a while since we did that."

"Dash is right," said Applejack, "maybe you could take a walk with us, catch up in a few of our things?"

"Besides," Twilight replied, seemingly blushing, "You've got a lot of things to hear, and I heard you're planning to make a story about us?"

I nodded, then took a glance around. I then spot the new chandelier which was the roots of the Golden Oak Library, and it was amazing.

"Huh," Rarity said, "I guess we just amazed our journalist?"

I shuddered, raised a "Yes, but thank you for the offer, I'll pass" sketch, went to Twilight, passed a note and left. The note had a few things they should've not known, or maybe have already known as I saw the crystal mirror in one of the rooms in the castle. Before I took a step outside, Princess Twilight flashed right in front of me, scaring me out, causing my items to fall all over the floor. I quickly picked it up and organized my bag before Twilight lead me to the crystal mirror, and I stopped before she noticed me stopping. The dream I had, it had to be something involving it, and it might have been true. I sketched a few words on my notebook before she asked anything, hoping it would explain better.

I raised the notebook that said, "I'm scared. I can't head there, I can't show myself like this anymore." To Twilight.

"But why?" Twilight asked.

"I just can't..." said a voice from the mirror.

It took me and Twilight off-guard, before learning a pony that looked just like me, staring at the mirror. I then realised it was all fake as a copy of Twilight appeared as well. She was also shocked, because why can't I remember anything of this? Why is there a holographic versions of me and Princess Twilight? Why does it feel that it has really happened before?

"If you are hearing this Quiver, I am you, and I don't come back. There's something wrong," the hologram said, "I'm recording this to warn of other ponies, especially of Twilight..."

Princess Twilight looked at the holographic version of herself approaching the holographic version of me and they hugged.

"And so, I'm going to have to break the mirror as soon as I got my pen," he continued, "I... they're trying to invade, Twilight. They've spotted and they're sealing off the school."

"Hurry. I'll be waiting," replied holo-Princess Twilight.

I then saw the holo-me jump through the mirror, and the holo-Twilight vanished. Princess Twilight seemed to feel a little sick, so I asked her using my notebook.

"I'm... I'm fine..." she replied. "What about Sunset Shimmer..."

I asked who she was talking about, and she showed a picture of a yellow human, which felt like I knew her before. I then stopped asking questions as I saw the holo-me return, badly wounded, bleeding...

"Make it stop!" Princess Twilight shouted, and everything went back to normal. The only thing that was different was the crystal mirror cracked in a way that it was no longer usable.

Then I felt a strange urge of magic and blackness engulfed my vision.


I ran.

I ran away from the guards who spotted me.

"Don't chase me!" I shouted as I ran past the former Sirens, confused.

"You're coming with us!" shouted the guy who was chasing me.

I then stopped near the statue where Sunset Shimmer and her friends stayed guard for me. Sunset looked worried, and then I heard gunshots. I saw Sunset's face as I realised I had been shot in the chest and the legs, and my vision is getting blurry.

"I need to get home..." I said, crawling to the portal. Sunset then helped me and then she stopped. I asked what's wrong, and I saw her friends being arrested. "I... push me now..."

"But the force might break–" I blocked her mouth as I spit blood away.

"Just do it. Save Equestria," I replied.

Sunset Shimmer looked at the mirror before stepping back a bit and pushing me into the portal, causing my pain to vanish. As I appeared myself to Princess Twilight, all wounded, I quickly used my remaining strength to crack the mirror and then all faded to black.


I tried to talk but I only got was air flowing out of my mouth. But somehow, Twilight heard something.

"Sunset Shimmer?" she called, and I was confused. She didn't follow me as she pushed me, or maybe she got little time to escape.

My eyes widen as I saw a yellow mare walked near our position and my almost heart fell apart in pity of her appearance. She looked horrible, her mane was cut, there's a scar in her right eye, her body was full of gashes and closed wounds and her smile...

"Quiver... you're okay," Sunset said to me, "you...you're okay!"

She then hugged me while I heard sobbing. "It... it's horrible..."

If I could only talk, I could respond, so I also tried my best not to surprise her, or maybe just tell her right away. She probably might have noticed my sealed mouth. She then looked at Twilight which left the room for us to discuss over.

"Quiver, are you okay?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Are you sure?" she asked again, and I nodded. "Why aren't you talking?"

I picked up my smaller notebook for questions that might have been asked to me and I flipped into the third page and passed it.

"You... you can't...!?" Sunset sounded horrified. "But... how... the wounds..."

I took my big notebook and wrote, "They saved me, but my voice disappeared. It's like the bullets destroyed it."

Sunset began to cry once more, and I comforted her down in a nice way, before I saw the door opened and six mares and a baby dragon were staring at us.


A few days later...


"QUIVER! WHAT IN TARTARUS ARE YOU DOING?!" Sunset shouted, disrupting my regular game of golf in my home.