• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 2,763 Views, 50 Comments

The Twilight Rainbow - ModMCdl



Twilight accidentally discovers that Rainbow Dash has feelings for her, but just how complicated will things get. Even AFTER the problem at hand is solved?

  • ...
13
 50
 2,763

Dreams

The small town of Ponyville was witnessing an exceptionally beautiful morning. The birds were chirping, and Celestia's sun rose slowly out from behind Canterlot, its warm glow melting the snow that had appeared overnight. Ponies were just starting to emerge from their homes, happy to get a slow start to the morning. After all, it was Hearts and Hooves day. Everypony was spending the morning with their loved ones. All except Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight was in her crystal tree, currently rushing about. "Need more serum... NO WAIT! I also need that... Spike! Can you grab the psych monitors for me?" Spike, against his wishes, was also there. The two were hurrying about, Twilight wanting to finish this before noon, Spike wanting to go and see Rarity. "Spike! The psych monitors!"

Spike hurried over with the monitors, still wondering what the hay Twilight was even trying to do. "Come on Twi, can't I go see Rarity now?"

The lavender alicorn, who was busy attempting to somehow attach the instruments to what looked like a ball cap fitted with a much of dials and tubes, replied with a muffled "no." Spike signed and sat down, awaiting Twilight's next command. It came quickly. "Spike, can you go get me the temporal conductors? They should be-"

Spike got up and walked off. "Yea, yea, I know where they are." Spike handed them to Twilight.

"Thanks Spike! That should do it." Twilight levitated the cap up, and smiled at her creation. "Okay, you can go see Rarity now. Just be back for dinner. I'm making that special jewel pie you wanted!"

"Oh boy! See you later, Twilight!" The little purple dragon bounded off out the door in excitement.

Several hours later, right after Twilight put the jewel pie into the oven, she heard somepony step into the library downstairs. Since the original town library was destroyed by Tirek, Twilight renovated part of the lower level of the castle into the new library. Cursing as she almost dropped the empty pan, she teleported downstairs to see who had come in. At first she was confused, for she saw nopony in the library. After a while, she gave up, and was just about to go back upstairs when the library door opened again, and in stepped Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow!" exclaimed Twilight. "What are you doing here?" she questioned.

Rainbow Dash, looking started that Twilight was already in the library, blushed slightly and mumbled something about it being Hearts and Hooves day.

"I know it's Hearts and Hooves day, silly, that's why I asked what you were doing here!"

Rainbow blushed even deeper, and mumbled something incoherent.

"Well, nevermind," said Twilight bounding upstairs. "I need your help with something!"

The cyan pegasus, eager to do something to clear the thoughts from her mind, flew up the staircase after Twilight.

'Darnit! She was completely oblivious! Plus, she startled me. This is not off to a great start!' Rainbow Dash's mind raced as she hovered after Twilight. 'Well, she could be inviting me upstairs to her bedroom...' The pegasus shook her head. "I've gotta' stop thinking like that," she mumbled to herself.

Twilight tuned back to look at her. "What was that?" she asked.

"Oh, um," Rainbow, once again, blushed. "Nothing," she mumbled. The lavender alicorn stopped walking and Rainbow walked right into her. She jumped back, blushing even harder.

"Rainbow," Twilight cocked her head. "Are you okay? You sound off, and your muzzle is red-"

"FINE! Yep, fine! Everything... I mean, I am totally fine!" Rainbow cut her off nervously. "I'm 20% cooler than fine!" Twilight looked at Rainbow carefully. It was almost as if the athletic mare had a... nah. That couldn't be it. Twilight just nodded and walked over to a door at the end of the hallway. The opened it, and stepped inside, beckoning for Rainbow Dash to follow her. Wondering what was in the room that Twilight could possibly want her help with, Rainbow curiously flew over and peeked her head into the room. Inside, was an exact recreation of Twilight's bedroom from her treehouse, complete with a loft and everything. 'Well, I was right about Twilight taking me to her bedroom part...' Rainbow thought as she stepped completely into the room.

"Rainbow, I need your help with an experiment I'm doing!" Twilight said enthusiastically, all memories of the prior moment forgotten for now. "I'm trying to discover why ponies have dreams, and I need someone to test out this invention I made for me." She held up the odd-looking ball cap from earlier, now completed.

Dash looked at it quizzically. "What the heck is that thing?" she asked.

"This," Twilight said. "Is a Psychological slash Temporal Anomaly Inducer and Equilibrius Pattern Wave Enhancer capable of monitoring dreams to discover what happens during them!" she stated proudly.

"Uhhh, in Equestrian, please?" Rainbow asked dumbfounded.

Twilight sighed. "Its a dream scanner. It can record your dreams," she stated in an agitated tone. She started to walk over to Rainbow Dash holding the cap in front of her. "I'm going to test it out on you!"

The prismatic mare suddenly began to feel a bit uncomfortable. "Uh, Twilight, what if that thing fried my brain?" Rainbow asked nervously.

"What brain?" Twilight joked, giggling. Rainbow, who was beginning to panic, almost screamed at her.

"No, Twilight, I'm serious!"

The alicorn temporarily stopped her advance, giving Rainbow Dash a "you can't be serious" look. "The inside if laced with rubber. Its shock-proof." Twilight began to walk forward again.

Rainbow whimpered. 'Oh crap! The first approach didn't go well, now she's trying to scan my dreams!' Rainbow, not really having anywhere else to go, and feeling defeated, shrunk back even further into the wall, and let Twilight slip the cap on her.

"Okay, Rainbow, if you'll just come over and lay down in my bed, we can get started!" Twilight said with excitement.

'And now I'm going into her bed.' The cyan mare lay down on the bed, and waited for Twilight to tell her what to do.

"Okay, when you begin to dream, all of the data, along with the dream, is going to appear on this monitor," said Twilight, indicating a wavy, hovering film of what looked like the aurora surrounding an object when a unicorn levitates something. Rainbow gulped nervously. "Now, to make the experience benefit you, I'm going to use my magic to let you experience your favorite dream! So just lay back, and relax!"

Now Rainbow Dash really began to panic. The slight hope she had of dreaming of something other than her favorite dream had just vanished. "Uh, Twilight, I don't think this is-" her voice trailed off as a blast of Twilight's magic encompassed her head, and she fell backwards, asleep.

"Now let's see if this works." exclaimed Twilight.


Within the Dreamscape...

It was a quiet evening, and Rainbow Dash was ready to enjoy dinner at her favorite restaurant, "The Winged Equine," with the love of her life. She was currently gazing through the menu, when a lovely lavender mare walked up to her. Looking up into the other mare's eyes, Rainbow took in the lovely manecut that the mare had gotten, and the subtle, but sexy, amount of eye shadow glazing her eyes. Twilight Sparkle grinned playfully at Rainbow as she sat down.

"Wow, Twilight, you look... beautiful!" exclaimed Rainbow, sighing.

Twilight grinned. "Thanks, Rainbow! I wanted to dress up for this occasion," replied the unicorn. Twilight had not yet been turned into an alicorn, but had she, Rainbow Dash could only assume that she would appear even more appealing to her.

"So, would you mares like an appetizer?" asked the waiter who had trotted over. The couple ordered some hay fries, and then after that, ordered their main courses. Throughout the meal, they spoke about common things happening, occasionally dropping a playful hint to each other, and then giggling like school fillies. Once they had finished the meal, and their plates were removed from the table, the question of dessert arose.

"I don't know Rainbow," replied Twilight. "I'm quite full." Their waiter came by with the check, and Twilight slipped a few bits in before standing up to head to the counter. "Besides, I have some 'dessert' waiting for you at my home!" she smiled coyly at the pegasus.

Rainbow felt a shiver travel up her spine. Tonight was going to be the night... she just knew it. The couple walked slowly through the streets, pushed up together side by side. It wasn't often that the streets of Ponyville were completely barren, and could really only be achieved in this dreamscape. As the duo approached Twilight's tree house, the door magically opened in front of them, and they walked inside. Rainbow knew what was next.

"Where's Spike?" she asked.

"Spike is away in Canterlot with Princess Celestia," replied Twilight. "He won't be bothering us." The alicorn smiled seductively as she led Rainbow up the stairs.

"RAINBOW WAKE UP!"

The thought thundered across the dreamscape, causing Rainbow to jump. The vision of Twilight in front of her fizzled, than came back again, still acting as if nothing had happened. The cyan pegasus was confused for a second, wondering why she would want to wake up from this wonderful dream. Not finding any answers, she continued up the stairs into Twilight's bedroom.

Twilight was there, laying on her bed, her eyes penetrating Rainbows skull. The now sweating mare's wings slowly began to spread, despite her efforts to keep them down. "Eh, heh heh... those, uh, pesky wings. They won't stay shut." Rainbow almost had to force the words out of her mouth as Twilight looked at her back questioningly.

"Really? Why not?"

Rainbow blushed profusely. "Uhhhhh..." Twilight got off the bed and trotted over to Rainbow, inspecting her wings.

"Are you stressed? Because I heard pegasi spread their wings in stressful situation to potentially make them look bigger and more powerful."

Rainbow cocked an ear. "Yea, Twi. That's definitely why my wings are~ OH!"

Twilight had begun rubbing Rainbows wings, starting at the base and spreading up to the feathery tips. "Twi-LIGHT! Wha- what are you do-ING!" Rainbow Dash managed to breath out.

"Massaging your wings. They looked quite tense... and they're really stiff," replied Twilight, while still rubbing the now shaking pegasi's wings. Rainbow just continued to moan at the feeling.

"RAINBOW! SHE'S WATCHING! YOU GOTTA WAKE UP!"

The booming thought broke Rainbow out of her pleasurable trance, but still only left her in confusion. Who the hay was that? Twilight had somehow appeared in the bed instantly, and was now smiling seductively at the cyan mare. Rainbow Dash was very eager to get the show on the road, but was becoming slightly agitated by the mysterious celestial voices ringing throughout the environment. She trotted over to the bed and lay down next to her long-time crush.

"So, Rainbow. You've had... experience. Tell me what comes next," whispered Twilight as she leaned into the athletic pony's chest.

Rainbow, her full attention directed back at Twilight, giggled nervously as she felt a very prominent blush creeping over her face. "Uh... um, 'stuff?'" questioned the normally cool mare, unsure of where the lavender unicorn wanted to take the night.

The smart unicorn feigned shock at the idea. "Really, Rainbow? It's only... what? Our fourth date?" said Twilight, grinning.

Rainbow chucked, rubbing a hoof behind her head. "Well, fifth actually, that-"

"RAINBOW, WAKE THE BUCK UP BEFORE-"


Rainbow Dash opened her eyes. She was staring at a crystal ceiling, and for a moment, she thought she was in the Crystal Empire. Then, she noticed that she seemed to be in the same bed as her dream, only without Twilight. Slowly, everything came back to her. Twilight, her experiment, the dream... 'Oh my gosh, Twilight practically watched clop of herself!' thought Rainbow, feeling very much panicked at the moment.

She turned towards where Twilight had set up the dream- whatever she called it. Sure enough, the princess of friendship herself was sitting there, staring at a magical, floating monitor, mouth agape as she watched the last few moments of Rainbow's "fantasy." Rainbow blushed profusely, not knowing exactly what to do. Suddenly, as the scene switched to where Twilight was massaging Rainbow's wings, Twilight gasped. As she was now an alicorn, she knew the significance of a pegasi's wings.

Rainbow Dash, seeing as she had now probably ruined all chances of ever being with Twilight, and also probably loosing her as a friend, began to let silent tears streak down her face. Hearing Twilight once again gasp and giving an appalled face at the the suggestion of the night's events, Rainbow let out a chocked sob, alerting the stunned alicorn to her being awake.

"Rainbow-" she started as the pegasus threw herself out of the bed, and raced to the door. "Rainbow!" Twilight called again.

Rainbow Dash flew down the hall, and almost immediately got lost. She had never been in this part of the palace before. So, tears dripping from her muzzle, she choose a random door, and flung herself into the room. Twilight ran out of the bedroom, searching. All of the doors in the hallway were closed, except for one that remained ajar, not quite closed. She rushed towards it, and paused outside the room. Inside she could hear muffled crying, undoubtedly Rainbow Dash. The purple mare lowered her head and flattened her ears at the sounds. She desperately wanted to help, but wasn't sure how.

It was clear to her now that Rainbow had a crush on her. And she would've been fine with that. She probably also would've been flattered by the idea of the strong weather pony wanted to be intimate with her, even though it seemed slightly disgusting. Twilight Sparkle would've gone out and dated Rainbow Dash on the spot, except for one thing. She didn't like mares.

So Twilight, the Princess of Friendship, sat outside that door, listening to her friend cry, without a single clue of how to comfort her.

Author's Note:

Too much hurt/comfort for ya'?

Well Twi says to suck it up. :twilightangry2: