• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 934 Views, 36 Comments

A Deal with the Pale Pony - DragonsHeart



When we die we meet Death and then we have to pass on... But sometimes it gives second chances. A story about Mortality.

  • ...
10
 36
 934

Prologue - The Universal Constant

Death. The one thing that is true everywhere. Every world, every realm and every plane of existence has Death. It is inescapable, one is destined to die the moment one is born. Even worlds die, some are even born already dead. Be it suns, gods, daemons or mortals, all will die someday…

But who makes sure one does pass on? Why, the only thing that may be immune to death… Death itself. Death, the Grim Reaper, one of the four, it has many names and many faces. He who reaps the souls of the fallen, and he who will ride out at the end of time.

Every realm of existence has a Death, some different, yet all the same. Each Death takes a different approach to the job, some hunt, some wait and some are simply always on time. Death has no peer and only follows orders if it suits. Everyone knows what Death is supposed to look like, a tall, human skeleton, clad in robes of black, and carrying a scythe. But what about in worlds where humans or humanoid creatures don’t exist, what takes his place?

Why Death’s horse of course. The pale steed, the huge white warhorse with cold blue eyes, as ancient as Death himself is and nearly as powerful. In world where Death can’t appear Death’s horse appears and takes on his name and the title… The Pale Horse! Or in this case the Pale Pony, for this takes place in the many Realms of Equestria. And in one of these Realms of Equestria let’s follow the journey of one who meets, and makes a deal with one of the many incarnation of the Pale Horse.

Her name is Rainbow Dash… and she is about to die.

Author's Note:

Just a simple fact: This Death is running off my idea of what is Death and not any other ones ideas of Death is... Just thought you like to know.

More Author's Notes on the next chapter.