• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,689 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,689

Popsicles Pt. 2

Celestia groaned as her last meeting before lunch finally let out. She was tired, sore, but above all else, sweating bullets in the midsummer’s heat. I know the Summer Sun Celebration is soon, but this just isn’t right. She stomped down with her hooves and let out a muffled scream into the pillow on her throne.

“Excuse me princess.”

She looked down at her secretary Kibitz and sighed. The biege unicorn was one of the few ponies who knew of her frustrations, even if he cared so little for them. Whether it was exhaustion or her wounds, he always made sure she kept to her schedule. But surely this is relatable enough for him to give me a break, right? SHe looked down at him and mustered her best sigh. “It’s simply too warm today. If I go on I will collapse.”

Kibitz sighed internally and shook his head. “You simply need some water in you. We can break for lunch and you may have some juice or something if you truly need something relaxing. However, you are not allowed to shirk your duties, especially with the town committee of Ponyville being here specifically for you later today.”

She lowered her head, but then nodded. She had her duties, and that was that. The word juice stuck in her head though, and soon her horn was aglow as she called her second newest tenant.

Kibitz nearly had a heart attack when the disembodied head of a unicorn was on the dining table that they normally adjourned to. He then scowled and stomped a hoof. “I thought the cleaning staff knew better than to leave death threats just lying around. My apologies princess. I’ll see to it personally that it is removed with expert efficiency.”

“But I like it here. Do I really need to go?”

He stared at the head for a few moments longer before falling over to his side, out cold. Celestia stepped forward and giggled. “Don’t worry, he’ll be fine. However, I demand popsicles. My plan was that you would–”

“Take shortish sticks, stick them into juice, and freeze them, right?”

Celestia blinked a few times. “It sounds like you’ve done this before.”

Twilight rubbed her forehooves together as she smiled wide. “I might have been the reason we were out of juice a few days ago.”

She smirked at the apparition. “Did you at least put it to good use?”

Twilight nodded vigorously as she brought a popsicle over to Celestia. “Bon Appetite!”

Celestia smiled and put the tip into her mouth, her tongue slowly moving along one inch of it before her eyes twitched. She spat it back out and gently put it onto a napkin on the table. “I’m sorry Twilight, but I absolutely despise grape flavored things.”

“Oh, I’m so–”

“How dare you! I demand for you to eat me before I, the great Poslicel, will force you to!”

Both of the mares simply stared at it. “You will give Poslicel the the same honor his brethren were given upon birth, or else, Poslicel will have to start altering the very fabric of the universe. He can make the air colder, skin freeze, and, if he absolutely must, he will use the forbidden technique of changing forms!”

Celestia merely started laughing as Twilight’s eyes widened. “Please, don’t! We’ll take your demands. Celestia, please, devour him so he may be appeased.”

A white hoof came across Celestia’s face as she shook her head. “I demand proof of his almighty powers first then. Do something truly fantastical, and I will devour you.”

The popsicle harumphed. “You dare question the great Poslicel’s power? You will lose your mind as I give you your idiotic ‘proof’.” The purple popsicle began to glow and levitate, the dark aura of Twilight’s magic gathering around it. Slowly, the purple became black and a wicked laugh filled the room. “Here it comes! Hold onto your seats as the great Poslicel changes flavors!”

The popsicle dropped to the table and the aura faded away, revealing a now orange popsicle. “Now, are you afraid yet?”

Celestia levitated it into the air and gave him a lick. “Oh, yes, I truly am terri-mmm-fied. Please, I can’t take you sweet, sweet, orangey goodness.”

And so, slowly, Celestia endured as she continued her war against the orange creamsicle popsicle. Each lick tested her resilience, and slowly, Twilight lost her own control as she started to giggle. But in the end she succeeded, and she placed the remains of her favorite flavor of popsicle on the table.

Author's Note:

Whee for finals week. Made because of fan demand. Have the alt version that inspired this.

"Twilight this was very thoughtful of you! And at this time of year most welcome."
"Yeah Twilight, this is really good but I can't really place the flavor."
"Oh it was nothing really! I just took some mixed fruit juices from the kitchens and froze them onto sticks with my magic!"
A moment of comfortable silence in which the two living ponies continue licking their popsicles, then pause at the same time and peer at each other.
"What?"
"Didn't your magic result in an arguably undead dragon being born right out of the shell?"
"Well... yeah? So? This is just ice. I do that without even trying."
"I will destroy you all!"
"..."
"..."
"Did the popsicle just--"
"OK. Fine. I get it. My magic does weird things OK?!"
"...."
"Why are you still licking it?"
"Because it's the tastiest villain I've ever defeated in my life."
"...."
And so they resumed eating the evil popsicles that promised them death, torment, suffering, and garishly contrasting clothing for the rest of eternity.