• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,690 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,690

Two Twilight's and an Eldritch God

Author's Note:

A crossover collab done with my friend Foals Errand and her comment driven story, Tiny Twilight Tales, where she hopes to use Twaith more in the future, though we'll see with her update schedule. For now, have a chapter about Twaith wanting to meet the most adorable version of herself that can be found, and Cthulhu helping so he can pet more kitten ponies.

The night was young, but for the small, lavender filly, tucked under her blue, silk sheets, that meant she was fast asleep. Her gentle breaths filled the room as a pair of gleaming green eyes, and red pits of madness and destruction gazed upon her. Slowly, two clawed fingers came over, and gently stroked the filly’s mane, barely touching her head.

Twilight shifted a bit at the touch. “No wanna, Princess. No sun…”

The green eyes came closer, lending a small bit of chill to the air as she examined the little one. The shuffling had moved the blanket off, and while the taloned claws continued to pet the little filly, the spirit floating there made sure the blankets kept the foal warm. “She is as cute as you thought she may be.”

Twilight burbled before opening her eyes with a yawn. She then blinked. “Um, hello? Did the Princess send you? Are you my newest test?”

The purple spirit above her shook her head, before a gentle glow revealed to Twilight an oddly familiar face, along with a large smile that was beaming down to her. “No, but I had a crazy idea and I am so happy you, or I suppose I should say me, or should it be you? This is a different universe after all, so I don’t know if we are still considered one and the same. Hmm.” The spirit backed away a bit, along with the slight chill, as she rubbed her chin.

Twilight sat up eagerly in her bed “Oh wow! Are you really me all grown up? Are you super powerful? Do you still live with the princess? Are you her advisor now? Huh?”

The floating Twilight blinked a few times before throwing her hooves up into the air. “Oh sweet Celestia I wish! It would be so amazing to be Celestia’s advisor.” Her essence shimmered with excitement as she came closer. “And yes, I am you, but from an alternate universe! Can you guess what’s special about me? Other than the fact that I am much older than you.”

Little Twilight studied her older counterpart tapping her chin left ear flicking. “Well, You are flying did you super mega master levitation?”

The ghastly Twilight grinned, before declaring, “Nope!” Before the little one could respond, she administered the punishment for a wrong answer by igniting her horn with its black aura, and bringing the foal up to her, where she was promptly, and viciously, raspberried all over her barrel.

A squeal escaped Twilight as she giggled madly. “No fair! You know our tickles spot!”

The spirit let out a gasp before turning to the giant, eldritch monstrosity behind her. “Cthulhu!” A glow appeared over the foal’s tummy. “Right here! Scratch her right here!”

The god moved his claw forward, slowly coming closer and closer to her. The point met the filly stomach, before gently beginning to scratch and tickle the little filly as the he laughed, his chuckle distorting small bits of the room.

Twilight began kicking her left back legs howling with laughter “‘Another chance! I want another chance to guess!” Her little horn lit up trying to force the friendly monster’s claw away.

The giggling spirit took in a deep breath to try to relax, before she turned to Cthulhu. “You can pet me instead for now. She does deserve another chance, along with,” she quickly spun around as the claw moved away, before booping the filly’s nose, her hoof passing through her and leaving frost on little Twilight’s muzzle, “that as a hint.”

Twilight’s eyes light up. “Page thirty seven of the Monster-pedia! You’re a wraith!” She frowned “But I don’t get it. The book says that wraiths are really, really mean! In fact Shiny, and I never, ever even went looking for one when we were monster hunting because of that.” She cocked her head “But you’re really nice and you’re me!”

Twilight smiled even brighter before bowing. “You may call me Twaith, Twilight and wraith, so as to not get things confused. I am the daughter of Ghastly Aura and Night Watch, along with grand daughter of Clover the Clever. As for the whole mean thing, why does everything need to be mean?” She floated closer to the creature behind her, who was also gently scratching her head. “I mean, Cthulhu here is a being who rules over chaos, corruption and madness, and could make somepony’s head explode with a simple thought, but I don’t know many things that I would trust more in this world. He is even how I came to find you!”

Twilight eyes were huge with her jaw dropped “Clover the Clever? D-does that mean I’m the great infinity granddaughter to Clover the Clever?”

Twaith blinked a few times before tapping her chin and floating the filly closer. “I… I don’t know.”

“Wait that means you don’t have a BBBFF! That’s really sad.” Twilight reaches out to Twaith. “Twaith?”

She tilted her head, before pulling her into her chest, making sure she was corporeal first. “I have no idea what that means, but I do know the universal gesture for hugs!”

Twilight snuggled into Twaith’s chest before smiling. “It means Big Brother Best Friend Forever, but I had a great idea! Why don’t we share my BBBFF? And you can be my um.” She stopped and cocked her head “BSBFFWIAM!”

Twaith raised an eyebrow. “Big Sister Best Friend Forever... Who is Also Me! Yes, that sounds wonderful!” She hugged little Twilight even tighter as she giggled, before a thought occurred to her. “Who is you BBBFF though?”
“His name is Shining Armor he’s graduating from the Royal Guard academy soon! He says he’s gonna be the Princess’s captain!” Twilight beamed “He and Cadance play with me when they can but we’re all busy now!”

Twaith paled for a moment before letting out a slightly stinted laugh. “Wow, I never thought he would be my big brother. G-guess that’s another reason to give up that stupid little crush thingy. Right? He... hehe...he.”

Twilight blinked a few times, considering carefully what Twaith had said before scrunching up her muzzle “Yuck.”

Twaith nodded. “Yuck indeed! Of course, I have so many other ponies to get closer to that I don’t even see why having a crush would be something worthwhile. Why not just have really good friends, like yourself!” She beamed as Cthulhu gave a burble of agreement.

Twilight’s eyes flashed, revealing for a split second a white star. “Friends? Are you and Cthulu my friends now?”

Twaith looked down as Cthulhu's claws descended, gently stroking the backs of both mares while the spirit beamed at her younger self. “Why wouldn’t we be? You’re so smart and cute that I could just eat you-” her essence shivered for a moment and she shut her eyes, before a violent shake of her head brought her back to calm. “Umm, what was I saying?”

“Um something about eating- Hey! As a wraith do you eat food? Cause my tummy says it’s cookie o’ clock!” Twilight giggled

Twaith shook her head more as she cleared the last of the odder thoughts from her core away, before sniffling a little. “C-Cthulhu can get you some cookies,” which he promptly did in a shower of chocolate chip, sugar, and snickerdoodle cookies, “but I can’t eat any, no matter how…”

Twilight nuzzled to Twaith’s chest “What is it BSBFFWIAM? What’s wrong?”

Twaith pouted her lips as she looked to her LSBFFWIAM. “I… I can’t eat food. I don’t need it, but this cookie,” holding up a snickerdoodle, “when I go to eat it, I always lose my tangibility and bite my hooves, no matter how much I want to try it!”

“What if...what if I held it? I mean, since I’m you, we might be able to trick you into being able to try it!” Twilight smiled taking the snickerdoodle in her small forehooves “And if you do bite me, I won’t even make a noise. I promise!”

Twaith’s eyes shone as she looked at the cookie. She wouldn’t need to possess anypony or anything, she could just try it. With a small nod, she was ready, and slowly moved forward. Her mouth slowly opened, her essence bristling more with excitement each moment, before she lost control of her physical form, and merely added a layer of frost to the cookie. “Darn it!”

Twilight frowned at the cookie, her little horn flickering as she closed her eyes tight. The cookie was soon wrapped in her aura. Please work. Please, pretty please work… “Try again.”

Twaith eyed the cookie with a little suspicion, before leaning in again, and trying to take a bite. No amount of enchanting would stop her excitement from getting the best of her though, and she leaned back, pouting as small icicles formed on the cookie. “It’s fine. I didn’t want to eat you anyways!”

Cthulhu promptly began scratching the annoyed spirit harder in response to her frustrations.

Twilight stared at the cookie “...It’s not fair I want you to be able to taste the cookie and the Princess says my magic should help me do anything I want, and I want you to be able to eat the cookie!” Her eyes begin to glow white her horn glowing brightly forced on the cookie which after a few moments becomes see through.

Twaith blinked, before her mouth simulated the sensation of watering within itself, her essence wavering at places because of her excitement. She slowly leaned forward, and bit into the cookie.

It was divine.

“Oh sweet Celestia, this is amazing! How did I go on without-” She stopped her eyes widening further, before her screech pierced through the castle. “No! I’ll now know what I am missing out on!”

Twilight grabbed hold of her gently “I...I can teach you. I figured it out.” She began giggling “I just had to think out of the box!”

She tapped her chin for a few moments, before shaking her head. “I think it may be best for me not to. I want my own personal feast to happen when I figure it out! Wouldn’t that make it the best?”

“Oh yes! Will you let me be there too?” Twilight beamed up at her with eager eyes.

Twaith began bouncing up and down as Cthulhu looked to the door. “I would love for you to be there! We could eat sweets, pancakes, and Popsicles for days!”

“Oh yes! With lots of syrup!” Twilight hesitated a moment “Hey since you are from the future, I mean you are right?”

The spirit rubbed her chin for a moment, humming to herself as she thought. “I suppose I am. Why?”

“Well I was just wondering if you know why Princess Celestia gets so um, meon callie when I ask her to stargaze with me.” Twilight shrugged. “I keep asking, but she just says that I’ll know some day.”

Twaith bit into her lip, remembering how happy Celestia was to see Luna again, even as a filly. “I… I think that answer is for the best. Find out for yourself, just like me and the spell, right?”

“I think that is a lovely idea.” Celestia shut the door behind her with a soft click “Hmm what do we have here? A young wraith who looks like my student?” She cocked her head then smiled “My mistake. You’re Twilight, aren’t you my dear?”

Twaith looked around Cthulhu as the eldritch god waved hello. She bowed to the princess, before smiling. “Yes, I am, but from an alternate universe, and me and Cthulhu promise that we never intended to stay or to cause any harm tonight.”

“Oh my, dear Twilight, I have no fear of that. After all, you’ve been in here alone with Twilight for quite some time, and all her guards have reported to me have been happy giggles.” Celestia smiled gently before lifting a hoof and wrapping it around both of her little Twilights’.

The spirit nuzzled into Celestia’s chest, before pecking the smaller version of herself on the head. “I do suppose it’s time for us to go though. Some little filly needs her sleep, doesn’t she?”

Celestia smiled “Yes, I’m afraid so. though.” She chuckled a bit as she paused. Luna, I never thought I’d do this “You and Mr. Cthulhu are welcome to return to visit Twilight and myself, but let’s just try for before bedtime in the future, okay?”

Twaith nodded her agreement, and gave her small self one more hug as a portal appeared behind Cthulhu. “I’ll miss you, my most adorable version.”

The little filly hugged back with a small yawn before Celestia cleared her throat “Twilight, before you go may I ask you one question?”

The wraith turned to her, looking down as she tilted her head. “What is it, Celestia?”

Celestia opened her mouth, before stopping and instead gazed out the window, her eyes on the full moon, her question unasked, though clearly apparent.

The pull of the portal became stronger as Cthulhu stroked Celestia’s back and Twaith floated to just in front of the ruler, placing her hooves onto Celestia’s shoulder. “Do you really wanna know? Because I think the joy you feel will be far better if you don’t.”

Celestia turned to Twaith and smiled a single tear running down her cheek “Ten years isn’t that long. Come visit again soon my dear.”

Twaith nodded as bit of her essence left into the portal. “I look forward to next time then.”

And then, she was gone, leaving Twilight and Celestia alone. Twilight reached for the cookies, now in her bed, but found them being levitated by a golden aura. “But Princess Celestia, they were a gift!”

“And you can have them tomorrow, but right now, somepony should be sleeping.”

Twilight pouted for a moment, before being the good little student she was and curling up into her bed. She was just about to sleep, thoughts of the spirit’s next visit dancing around in her head, when she realized she felt something underneath her pillow. Pulling the soft cotton away, she spotted a single chocolate chip cookie, waiting for her. With a slight gasp she dove for it, and munched on it quietly as she went to sleep.

=====+++++======

Twilight shook herself free of the portal as they appeared back in Canterlot Castle. She let out a short whoop of joy as she spun, unable to believe what she just did. “Thank you, Cthulhu! I know it’s weird to cater to my requests, but…” She stopped as she looked back, and instead of the eldritch abomination, a note floated to the ground.

Dear Twilight,

I’m sorry my little kitten pony, but I must go. I may try to come back for one more visit soon, but forces even greater than me restrict your field of existence now. I would not worry, as this happens to all universes sooner or later, and it’s merely time for yours. I wish you the best of luck in these coming months, and promise to be back before Hearthswarming next year.

With a heavy heart,

Cthulhu

Twilight looked down with a sigh as she levitated the note to the side. She would miss her lovable god of chaos and his wonderful scratches. The taste of snickerdoodles came back to her mouth though, and she smiled. “Alright Cthulhu, you go rest. When you get back, we will have pancakes together!”

Her heart once more happy, Twilight floated away, already trying to figure out what her younger counterpart may have done to let her eat the cookie before.