• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,673 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,673

More Surprises!

Celestia came around the bend to find the small book fort had already started to grow, making its way past the first bookshelves of its corner. A small smile came upon her face and she knocked on the top. “I thought you and Sunset would be playing today.”

Twilight’s head poked out and she hummed for a few moments as her eyes wouldn’t meet Celestia’s. “We are.”

“Oh, what game? Perhaps I could join in.”

“I doubt you would want to.”

“Now, I think you give me too little credit. Can you at least tell me what it is so I may judge for myself?”

Twilight glanced back at the children’s books that still littered her bookfort’s floor as her brain raced for anything that she had come across within them as a response. “Hide and Seek.”

“In a bookfort?”

Twilight’s head slowly went back in as she steadied her voice. “Yes.”

Celestia’s horn shone and she lifted up the mounds of books to reveal Twilight, who hissed at the sudden light, despite it not hurting her. “Well, looks like Sunset is cheating then.”

Twilight crossed her hooves. “She said she didn’t want to, okay. I think she is mad at me for yesterday.”

Celestia took in a small breath of air before putting on a soft smile. “It isn’t you, I can assure you of that. Sunset just thinks she failed, and to Sunset, failure is the last thing that is to ever be allowed.”

Twilight took one loose thread in her cloak in between her hooves and sighed. “I… I guess.”

The princess shook her head. “You know what I think you need? Someone you can relate to.” Her horn glowed and slowly a cart came around the corner, revealing a purple and green egg. “I was hoping you might hatch it. It would know nothing of this world, just like you.”

Twilight cocked her head slightly and drifted towards it. “You want me to open this? But I work with darkness and ice, not life.”

“Dragon eggs react to the natural magic of their mothers, and after long enough, instead of simply keeping them warm and fed, the magic causes it to hatch. This one is plenty old, but it has never received the right jump start. I believe you will have the amount of magic required to give it just that.”

She glanced back down at the egg and ran a hoof along its edge. A dragon. I’ve never met a dragon before. I bet it would be really cute as a baby. She smiled slightly as a dark aura came over her. A sudden want spread through her. She wasn’t just interested in what was within like with the books, she had to know. Her eyes darkened and opened wide as the dark aura flooded into the egg, forcing it to crack open.

A blinding black void caused both to miss the shell’s true breaking, but as the darkness dissipated, a small, dark purple and faded green, baby dragon sat on the pedestal, sucking on its tail. Twilight floated to just over to it. “Ah, you’re so cute!”

The little dragon looked up at her with grey eyes, extending its arms and weakly wrapping them around her. She snuggled against it, enjoying the cold of the creature’s scales and the sharpness of its bony claws.

Celestia on the other hand spent a few moments staring at the literally bony claws. Something happened, I just can’t pla–

“Hic.”

Twilight held the small creature away from her, not questioning why she could. “Oh, do you need a–“ A large gout of black fire blasted Twilight into a bookshelf on the other side of the library. Celestia caught the baby dracolich just before he hit the grounds, even if one of his spikes pressed into her hoof and cut it slightly.

“Well aren’t you just prickly?” She spent a few moments looking into its eyes as a name formed into her mind. “You’re just going to be another headache for me, aren’t you Spike?” A small hiccup caused her to smile and to start planning the nursery the little thing would need.

Author's Note:

The comment was done by Bobby125 but is unfortunately too long for me to screenshot, so sorry about that. Anyways, two things I want to clarify. First, Spike is a baby, and will probably not progress past this except by magical intervention while the story is going. And two is that everyone is at least close their canon age, so despite the cover art, Twilight is still an adult, not a filly. That is all.