• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,640 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,640

The Wraith's New Clothes

Raven stared as the phantasm got to work, her mouth agape. The purple mare worked fast, floating around the base that she had to work with, expanding, subtracting, and fine toning each part. Flecks of snow drifted down around the giant ice block that Twilight worked on, and soon evaporated, thanks to Sunset.

This went on for almost a full five minutes while Celestia's assistant-in-training and the camera colt for the gala waited in eager anticipation. Only once she was finished though, did Twilight disperse all the mist and snow she had made, to reveal something truly amazing. She had turned the block of ice into a scale replica of Canterlot Mountain, complete with a castle on the side.

The black camera colt, Snap, slowly lowered his jaw as he gazed upon the masterpiece. Only once Raven had smacked him upside the head did he remember to take the picture while Twilight giggled in the air. Just as everyone was recovering from the creation, a guard pony rushed into the ballroom. "I am looking for a Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight's eyes widened just before she went intangible, hid behind her creation, and then came out, pretending to trot like any other pony. "That would be me. What is it you need?"

He saluted to her. "Princes Celestia demands you meet her in your nursery immediately."

Twilight was tempted to float up and boop him on the nose, before deciding that that may not be the best idea. Instead, she merely bowed to the stallion. "Thank you, sir." Once she was past him though, she ducked into the floor, and made her way to Spike's room.

Upon entering, she spotted her little dracolich between Celestia's forehooves, gently stroking his head. Twilight floated over and stroked his tummy, getting the little guy to curl up a bit and hum in his sleep. "I'm happy he's doing so well."

"As am I." Celestia looked up at Twilight and bit into her cheek, before brushing away the immediate thoughts for more important business; floating a small totem between the two of them. "This is why I called you."

Twilight floated closer, examining the small, magical artifact. She could tell that powerful enchantments were laced over it, and that whatever it did, would be significant. She couldn't actually figure out what though.

Celestia smiled as her lovely, little wraith looked at her, puzzled. Celestia put the totem onto Twilight's hoof. "It's a gift from an old friend of yours. He wants to make sure that when you give him the dance you owe him, you'll be able to touch him for no other reason than being alive."

Twilight's eyes grew wider as she gasped for words. Celestia stopped her though with a single hoof. "It's from Cthulhu, and because of his limited, allowed, influence in this realm, it will only last for tonight." She forced herself to keep a stoic look on her face, instead of sighing like she wanted to.

Twilight bit into her cheek as she nodded, and slipped the totem over her neck. Immediately, she felt the change as her hooves made a sound upon the ground when she stumbled forward. However, that wasn't all that had changed. Looking down, she was in what looked like a beautiful, black, gothic dress. She gazed upon the gold, lace trim before frowning. "Is this also from Cthulhu?"

Celestia shook her head, blushing a little bit. "No, that is from me. A simple illusion spell to make your cloak look like a beautiful dress so that you may look even more breathtaking then you already do.” She then pulled out a piece of parchment. “I also, have this for you."

Twilight took the piece of parchment offered to her, and her jaw almost hit the floor. It was an enchantment that would amend her ward against sunlight. An amendment that would make it so that only she could take it off, and not Celestia. "Wh-why are you giving me this?"

Celestia wrapped a wing over the young mare. A hundred different replies flashed through her mind, each begging for her to say what her heart wanted. However, even the thought of saying she had feelings for the wraith left her petrified. So, instead, she chickened out. "You-you've proven yourself time in and time out as a loyal, responsible, and kind member of Equestria. I thought it was about time I stopped holding that over your head, for you by no means, ever deserved it."

Twilight let out a small, "Squee," before lunging toward Celestia, and barely missing Spike as she hugged the older mare. Celestia gave Twilight a small squeeze back, cursing herself out rampantly on the inside.

Author's Note:

Did you all expect the gala to be one chapter? :pinkiehappy: If you got the special referance to my other works in this, kudos to you, and please check out this blog. It's talking about a bit more of a... mature, side story to Twaith, that I plan to name Fuck Me, for My Name us Succulight! I need your opinion though on whether or not to do it.