• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,684 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,684

The Return of Pancakes

Pinkie rubbed her chin as she pondered the question. It certainly wasn’t a problem she herself had faced before. Normally with spirits, you kept them as far away from each other as possible. This though… this had promise. Possibilities ran through her mind with what she could do with total darkness and flashing lights, both seemingly from nowhere. “Sunset, I do believe I have a solution!”

Sunset gave Pinkie a small smile as she swallowed hard. As much as she knew she needed help in this regard, and that the odd pony next to her was probably the best advisor she could get, she couldn’t help but feel like one day this pony would lead her to insanity, and by then, she’d be okay with that, and she wasn’t okay with that. “So, what is it?”

She grabbed Sunset’s cheeks and pulled the yellow mare in close, their faces centimeters away from each other. “Breakfast.”

Sunset blinked a few times before her eyelids drooped with her tone. “What?”

Pinkie slipped a foreleg around Sunset and gestured to the air. “Just think about it. The two know you want to make a great breakfast, but you need their help. Chilled fruits and cold juice alongside something baked over fox fire would be perfect! Now, the only question is what to make. Muffins are out of the question, as Derpy would kill me if I made muffins while she was out of town.”

Sunset smirked. “How about war inducing pancakes?”

Pinkie turned to her and licked her muzzle. “Explain.”

She grinned slightly. “Well, Celestia likes them enough that she almost assaulted a griffon diplomat who said they were junk, and that was seven years ago. I hadn’t perfected them by then.” Sunset jumped slightly as Pinkie grabbed her face.

“I need these pancakes.” She stood away from her and turned to look outside. “You know what you must do.”

Sunset tapped the wooden floor and bit into her cheek. “Actually… can I borrow some ingredients from you? I’ve only been here a little over a week and still haven’t had a chance to stock up on food.”

A pink cloud of smoke was all that remained of Pinkie, until a low rumble started up. Sunset looked out of the window just before Pinkie charged through it, bringing along with her a mountain of ingredients. Sunset’s legs twitched as she found herself half buried between sugar bags. “I don’t need this much!”

Pinkie heard the muffled scream and trotted over. “Did you just say you needed more?” Another muffled scream met her question and Pinkie shrugged. “Sorry, but I don’t get my paycheck until Tuesday, so you’ll just have to work with my emergency supplies.”

Sunset finally got her head free, but instead of saying anything, simply glared at the loud pony before crawling through the ingredients, slowly making her way to the kitchen.

======+++++======

“Eat me!”

“Gladly!”

Trixie glared at the abomination of nature as it was eaten by pink pony. It was odd to see a cursed one so far from the deserts of Saddle Arabia and the caves of Nihon-Po, but it wasn’t impossible. I suppose such druids aren’t only for such lands though. She flinched as Pinkie chomped down on half of Poslicel the thirty-eigth.

Her gaze then turned back to the creator of the unholy creations. Twilight however, wasn’t seeming to care. Instead, she was eagerly creating juice and popsicles for Sunset and her new friend. She agreed with the others though in wishing that Pinkie would eat them faster, instead of always hearing the tyrant’s voice before its death.

“Eggs, and then I need your fire Trixie.”

Twilight frowned as Trixie got to work. As nice as it was to use her ice magic for creating nice treats, she wished she could actually help in making the pancakes. Then again, I still didn’t get any, even after our… debate, back in the castle.

Sunset took off her apron as she sat back down next to Pinkie. “So, what now?”

Pinkie nodded and turned to Trixie. “So, you two seem to know each other. Can we know the story of how your burgeoning romance begAiii!” Pinkie almost hit the ceiling as her rooty potootie became way too warm. Sunset merely glanced away, pretending to not have done anything, even with her cheeks burning.

Trixie scowled. “The Great and Wondrous Trixie would never think of such vulgar things with a cursed creature like that thing.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “You’re the one that likes to curse. Little Spike’s ears didn’t need that.”

Sunset put a hoof to Trixie’s mouth. “Wait. Just please, think for a few moments as to how bad she really is when she talks like that.”

Trixie bit into her cheeks and sucked in the corner of her mouth. Twilight gave her a small smile, but the kitsune simply looked away. Not that she could deny the truth of course. The wraith had had plenty of chances to be nefarious ever since they first met, and not once had she acted on those desires. At least, unless she has been doing something over this week at Canterlot.

Twilight floated over. “Sunset seems to want us to be friends, so maybe we can be?”

Trixie glanced over at the hoof being extended to her before sighing and taking it. “Trixie supposes that she can see if you aren’t actually evil. However, she won’t simply drop her guard because we say we’re friends.”

Twilight nodded. “Now, let me see those tails. They look so fluffy, and I want to see if I can make Spike a new pillow.”

“What, no! Trixie will not be touched any further by your tainted filth, especially if it means losing parts of her beautiful tail!”

Sunset scowled as a small timer dinged next to her. “Can someone please grab the pancakes?”

Twilight stopped dead in her tracks, spotting her chance to help in the main course’s creation. “I can!” Her horn glowed a sickly green before letting out a small pulse of magic that sent chills through all of them. The whole room became silent as they all just waited.

Creak. Stomp, stomp, stomp.

A large manticore skeleton stepped into the kitchen and every pony simply stared at the beast that gently took the pancakes off. It then poured more of the batter onto the pan and turned back to them with a large smile.

Sunset screamed, “What in Celestia’s name is that?” Pinkie jumped onto it, and Trixie barely stopped herself from lobbing a light grenade into since the pink pony now rode the beast. Twilight merely smiled with her tail swinging behind her. “Everyone, say hi to Fluffy!”

“Kill it with fire!”

“I’m trying!”

“Nice to meet you Fluffy!”

This continued for about an hour and ended with a destroyed kitchen, singed bones, and pancakes for all, and a manticore skeleton that continued to smile.

Author's Note:

First, the comment as always.

Second, ART! I didn't think it would fit for a cute cover art though.

And finally, a true author's note. I need more comments, and please, not about Trixune. She is actually a little hard to work with as she is mostly an observer, and as a comment pointed out, without her job, doesn't entirely feel like herself. So please, more comments. I 'm actually slightly running out of them that I really like.