• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 16,676 Views, 1,360 Comments

Fear Me, for My Name is Twaith! - Michael Hudson



My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I am a wraith.

  • ...
90
 1,360
 16,676

Vengeance is Mine!

Luna groggily trotted through the castle, nodding to guards as she passed them. Each pony that was in her path all reacted the same, much to her annoyance. Shock, then a slight tilting of their head as they almost went, “Daaah,” and then fear as they realized they were about to do that to a princess. The sooner Celestia finds a way to get me to be full grown again, the better.

The kitchen staff turned as they heard a crash against their swinging door and then a small thud. One of them opened it to a small, dark blue foal rubbing her head as she sat on the ground. The unicorn lifted her up and brought her to his face. “Ah, it’s okay little one. Did you get lost and bump your head?”

Luna opened her eyes into a deadly glare straight into the staff member’s soul. “If you do not put me down right this second and make me tea, I will have you thrown into a dungeon for a thousand years you peasant!”

The chef just stood there, stunned, his jaw hanging low. The sous chef came up behind the filly with a high chair and, by Celestia’s orders, put Luna into the seat as punishment for terrorizing his staff.

Luna’s eyes bulged just before she started rocking the chair, thrashing about like the five year old filly her body showed her as. Her wings started to buzz as she tried desperately to fly out, but she had never been a strong, young flyer, so in the chair she stayed. She then puffed out her cheeks before she wailed any more, only now having realized that the whole staff was looking at her. “I don’t believe I have my tea yet.”

A small smile came across the sous chef’s face and he bowed to her. “Of course my princess.” Sous then got to work, boiling the water before steeping the bag of night dew tea, and then bringing it to the princess in a sippy cup. “Please do be careful; it’s hot.”

Luna’s eyes twitched and she looked up at the stallion. “You realize I could vaporize you. That I could send you into the deepest pits of Tarturus, and no one would be the wiser. Now, you will treat me with respect, or else.”

Sous stared at her for a few moments before smacking himself and nodding. “You’re correct princess, and I’m terribly sorry for not having served you to the best of my abilities.” He trotted to the cabinets and pulled a single, small, thin straw from a box before coming back over and putting it into Luna’s cup. “I hope this pleases you, my highness.”

“No, it does not! It only makes it worse!”

Sous put a hoof to his chin before quickly coming down and taking back the straw. “You’re absolutely right. A straw will only increase the possibility that you burn your mouth.”

Luna shook silently in her seat. All that she had said before was a bluff, as her magic had shrank with her body, and now all she could think about was how degrading it would be to ask for the straw back. She slowly leaned forward and took a small sip from the cup, letting the warmth and taste of her favorite beverage fill her. The warmth soon left as a chill entered the room. “Who’s there?”

A whisper came into Luna’s ear, barely a few centimeters from her head. “You don’t remember me?”

Luna put her hooves over her mouth as she yawned, her first long night of many catching up with her. She knew the wraith’s voice, but hadn’t had a chance to be properly greeted yet, not with how tired and busy she had been. “Look, if I hurt you as Nightmare Moon, I am sorry, but I’ve been back for less then a week, and as much as I’ve wanted, I haven’t blown anyone up.”

Twilight stayed intangible as she crossed her forehooves. “Don’t try that with me. I want a real apology.”

Luna sipped her tea. “Yes, well, you’re dead, I’m not. Color me not afraid.”

Twilight’s eye now shook and she stayed intangible as she threw up her hooves and her magic started to gather. “Then a curse! A curse upon you! A curse upon your moon! And a curse upon your tea!”

Luna didn’t notice the glow on her sippy cup as she put the small opening to her mouth. The minute the hot liquid touched her muzzle, it flash froze. Luna’s eyes went wide just before she was forced to hang her head from the awkward weight. She shook her head, but it stayed on her solidly. She tried her magic, but she simply couldn’t focus enough to bend a shot down to it.

So, she resorted to the last thing she could think of in a high chair.

Waaaaah!

Five minutes later, Luna was sniffling, snuggled in-between Celestia’s hooves with a cup of hot coco, her tongue still stinging from getting the sip cup off. “Don’t worry little sister. I know you and Twilight will get along soon enough. Just give it time.”

Luna crossed her forehooves. “Well, it can’t come soon enough then.” She yawned, her anger already dissipating. “Maybe when I wake up it’ll be okay.”

Celestia smiled and turned to the fuming purple entity next to her. “No more antagonizing her.”

“But she blew me up!”

“Did she?”


Twilight huffed, but under Celestia’s gaze couldn’t keep an angry face. “No… I suppose you’re right.” She then floated down and pat Luna’s head. “You know, she’s cute. Especially sleeping like this.”

Now it was Celestia’s turn to puff out her cheeks, fuming with rage she had to keep in.

Author's Note:

Well, back to your regularly scheduled fluff and cuteness. At least, after you hopefully give me a few more minutes of your time. It would mean a lot to me.

Also, the comment of course.